It's finally going to happen!! - 4/29 PJ - ONLY 18 DAYS LEFT!! YIKES!!

Hey. Love your PJ! Anyways I havebeen looking for that bracelet and necklace everywhere! how much are u seeing it for becuase I would be very very very interested let me tell u!!!!!!

Thanks - I find the PJ is a lot of fun the more I write! I'll PM you about the set.

That jewelry is beautiful!! I agree...ask Lynn about how to get around the "halo".

I love the family pics!!! Especially the ones of Cammi...such a cute puppy!! :)

Your furbaby is adorable! One of my nicknames is Cammy, so I'm particularly fond of an adorable little girl with the "same" name. ;)

She's a cutie and she totally knows it!! She's started a new thing where she'll growl at you if you're not paying full attention to her when she wants it - ie rubbing her belly when she's within 5 feet of you! :rotfl:

I love your Tiara...Good luck selling your Cinderella Jewels!

Thanks - I really feel like a princess with it!

You guy's are soo cute :) Love your doggie!!!!

Everything sound's amazing,love the tiara!!!

Ok Lynn, everyone said you woudl know what to do about the halo. Do you think with the top/front half of my hair pulled back they could cover it?

Updates this week.

It looks like the majority of our planning is complete. We're doing a 3 tier mickey's delight cake with light purple fondant and silver leaf mickey heads. The upgrade for the extra tier and upgraded decorating is $225. Not too bad considering... :rotfl: Our flavors are chocolate/Raspberrry on top, Almond/raspberry in the middle layer and chocolate/chocolate mousse on the bottom. My family is very excited about the prospect of extra cake, so I guess it all worked out. Plus, this is the cake we would have had at our wedding last year had we not postponed, so it's fitting!

I've found an outfit for the RD, got some shorts and tshirts for the week and tomorrow my mission is to get new running shoes for the trip (for running thru parks of course, not actual running! :lmao: )

I received a confirmation email from Beauty Speciale, confirmed dress steaming time, and firmed up limo pickup times and things with Tanis. I'm starting to get really anxious - it was 80 degrees here yesterday and it's feeling like Disney weather, so I'm ready to go. I don't really have much left to do, so those two things combined are really making me feel like a kid waiting for christmas!

Tomorrow DF is working, so I think I'll start packing - ok really I'll open a suitcase and start making piles of clothes in it that will be repacked 5 or 6 times at least over the next 27 days.... But I figure we're less than a month out, so I can start gathering my things. (I know, it's a sickness. What's sad is, I do this for every vacation, not just our wedding!)

Wow, only 18 days left until the wedding - 15 until we leave for Disney!!

This past weekend I finally had my first official dress fitting. I had one in January where the seamstress looked at my dress and told me what she needed to do, but she said she didn't need to do it that far in advance, so we just booked out all the appointments I would need. Anyway, the dress is coming in 2 sizes, and she's doing the bustle. I go tomorrow to see how all that looks, and then she'll finish everything and i'll pick it up on the 19th!! :woohoo: I'm really excited because this will be the very first time I've had the dress on that it wasn't pinned on (in the store) or falling off :rotfl:

I took my tiara to the fitting to see how it looked (it's my something borrowed from Dsis, so I had to get the whole picture). After I was done with the fitting somehow I dropped the tiara. I didn't think much of it, but when I got home and went to put it away I realized I'd knocked out a pearl :scared1: I went straight back out to the craft store, got a box of assorted pearls and glue and managed to fix it the same day! :thumbsup2 (disaster averted!)

On Monday I decided it was time for me to reach out to Narcoossee's about our menu for the wedding dinner. My planner had said they should contact me about 30 days out, but this was 22 days and no call yet. I called and got voicemail, so I left a message. I tried to wait patiently:scared: and finally on THursday afternoon I couldn't take it anymore. I mean, how hard is it to call a :bride: 19 days before her wedding to finalize a menu? :confused3 The first time I called I got VM again. I decided not to leave a message, and to call back later. When I called at 5 I finally got someone. I explained who I was and when my wedding was and she told me she'd gotten my message but that she wouldnt' know the menu until a week or so out :confused: She asked for my email address and said she'd send me the current menu but that it might change before the 29th. Luckily I thought to ask if that was the limited menu or the full menu. That finally sparked something :idea: and she looked up my reservation and realized that we're a party of 20 and that we were doing the limited menu, which should have already been set....
So, she tells me the limited menu is a choice of salad or seafood bisque, choice of chicken, lamb, salmon or filet, and choice of dessert. Luckily I had good notes and I asked what happened to the appetizer they mentioned when I first booked? She said the menu had changed :sad1: and they were no longer doing that - they've added the lamb choice but taken away the appetizer :confused: I think she felt bad for kind of blowing me off to begin with because without me even saying anything she said that if I'd rather have the apps she would do that instead as that was what I was originally told. Of course I accepted :woohoo: So, that's one more major thing off the checklist!

Once I talked to Narcoossee's I headed home from work and was ready to go to the gym. I changed my clothes, got back in the car, and it wouldn't start :eek: I had been having a bunch of trouble with it a couple of months back, but after $700 they told me it was fixed. I still never trusted it, so luckily I didn't drive it 3 hours away for a business meeting the other day... Anyway, I called the shop back and told them I'd be bringing it in this morning. (anytime it wasn't starting it would start after it sat for a few hours) This morning it started up fine and i took it to the shop. They gave me a nice loaner (way nicer than my car - but then again anything that starts would be better than my car these days) Now I'm just hoping I don't need to spend any $$ on it before the wedding. Based on all the trouble before I was hoping it would make it until next month and I could just buy a new car :car:

I guess that's about it. We're really close and I'm so excited!! :dance3: There really isn't much left for us to do, so I'm just ready to go already!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

HOW EXCITING!:cool1: Cant wait to here all about it!

Glad you got your appetizer-better than lamb, in my opinion :goodvibes:

Some people don't understand the stress the bride goes thru!! Imagine not finalizing the menu until a week before! ;) Glad you set her straight! And that you got the appetizer back too!

Congrats again! can't wait to see the TR!

jennifer

Some people don't understand the stress the bride goes thru!! Imagine not finalizing the menu until a week before! ;) Glad you set her straight! And that you got the appetizer back too!

Congrats again! can't wait to see the TR!

jennifer

I guess she originally thought we were going to be a smaller party and that we'd be ordering off the regular menu, which does change a lot. If that was the case I wouldnt' care about seeing the menu ahead of time. I was really glad I talked to her and got it straight though!

Are you freaking out yet? :)
Ours is in 17 days and I am officially going bonkers... :lmao:
Good luck on finalizing your stuff!

Are you freaking out yet? :)
Ours is in 17 days and I am officially going bonkers... :lmao:
Good luck on finalizing your stuff!

I'm not too freaked out - I'm waiting very (im)patiently for it to be time to go already!! :rotfl: I don't have much left to do and we've been engaged SO long it doesn't really feel like it's only a couple weeks away... I'm really excited though. Maybe we'll bump into each other down there!

Ok about the tiara..I never saw one with that thing in the back like that...is it flexible?Would you be able to cut it off? Does your tiara have holes at the end to anchor the bobby pins in? Seriously when we have brides come in we alway's cut the comb part off and anchor it in with pins,depending on the headpiece.

Ok about the tiara..I never saw one with that thing in the back like that...is it flexible?Would you be able to cut it off? Does your tiara have holes at the end to anchor the bobby pins in? Seriously when we have brides come in we alway's cut the comb part off and anchor it in with pins,depending on the headpiece.

I know, its so weird. No, the back piece isn't flexible and there aren't any loops in the tiara that are set up for pinning. My seamstress (who happened to take my dress in a little too much :scared1: ) thinks they can just do my hair around it, but I'm not so sure. Since we're driving I think I'll bring some of those metal scissor things (i want to say tinsnips?) with me just in case they think it'll be easier to cut them off. Maybe I should email those pics to ana and ask??

I'm not too freaked out - I'm waiting very (im)patiently for it to be time to go already!! :rotfl: I don't have much left to do and we've been engaged SO long it doesn't really feel like it's only a couple weeks away... I'm really excited though. Maybe we'll bump into each other down there!

That would be so cool if we get to bump into each other :cool1:

I will be thinking of your on your big day! We might even see you our wedding is the same week! Congrats and all the best!

oohhh you started your countdown I'm so excited for you can't wait for the TR and some pics :yay:

Thanks!! I'm not very good at remembering the pics, so I'll have to work extra hard at it knowing how much better the TR's are with pics!

best wishes... enjoy your magical day!

Thankyou! :bride:

That would be so cool if we get to bump into each other :cool1:

Where are you staying and how long will you be in the world? We're there from the 27th thru May 3rd at the GF.

I will be thinking of your on your big day! We might even see you our wedding is the same week! Congrats and all the best!

I know any time I see another bride that week I'll wonder if it's one of the other Dis Brides! I'll probably make a fool of myself asking all the brides if they're from the boards! :rotfl: Maybe I should have made my MOH wear lime green. We're at 2:30 in the WP on the 29th if anyone will be down there and wants to sneak a peek! :thumbsup2

Where are you staying and how long will you be in the world? We're there from the 27th thru May 3rd at the GF.

We'll be there from the 25th until May 4th.
Our resort is all over the place... :lmao:
We're going from BWV to WLV to GF... hehe...
If you're not busy freaking out about the wedding feel free to peek on the 28th at SBP... our ceremony is at 4:30pm... ;)

We'll be there from the 25th until May 4th.
Our resort is all over the place... :lmao:
We're going from BWV to WLV to GF... hehe...
If you're not busy freaking out about the wedding feel free to peek on the 28th at SBP... our ceremony is at 4:30pm... ;)

We're supposed to be in AK that day with DF"s family and then dinner at Chef Mickey, so we probably won't make it over there, but if I can figure out a way, I definitley will!! What day do you check in to the GF? We're doing a pool day on the 2nd - even rented a private cabana! :banana: There are only 4 of them, and my sister and her kids, along with my mom and dad will be there with us, so we should be easy to spot!

I know, its so weird. No, the back piece isn't flexible and there aren't any loops in the tiara that are set up for pinning. My seamstress (who happened to take my dress in a little too much :scared1: ) thinks they can just do my hair around it, but I'm not so sure. Since we're driving I think I'll bring some of those metal scissor things (i want to say tinsnips?) with me just in case they think it'll be easier to cut them off. Maybe I should email those pics to ana and ask??

Yeah see what she says...I would cut it off,there has to be some way they can get the tiara to stay in yo0ur hair! I wish I could see it in person so I could help you more.

Yeah see what she says...I would cut it off,there has to be some way they can get the tiara to stay in yo0ur hair! I wish I could see it in person so I could help you more.

I spoke to Ana today. She also had never seen a tiara with that kind of piece on the back. I have no idea where my sister got this thing from:confused3 Anyway, Ana said to cut it off or to take a brown sharpie and color the back half (it's metal covered in white ribbon) so that it'l be a closer match to my brown hair. I'm not sure I have anything that will cut it cleanly, so I think I'll just do the sharpie thing. That way I know I won't ruin it entirely! She said not to worry though, that they'll make it work. :thumbsup2 I knew they would, but I feel better that they know about it and I've got this new plan up front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter