It's finally going to happen!! - 4/29 PJ - ONLY 18 DAYS LEFT!! YIKES!!

Yikes!! :scared1: That's way out of our price range too!! I really like the Mickey's Delight, so I'm ok if we go that way. I can't spend more on the cake than my dress :cake: :crazy2:

I just spoke to Tanis. They can make the golden scroll in the 2 tier for a $200 upgrade charge. So we have to decide between $200 for that one or $125 for Mickey's Delight. DF and I will look back at the pics tomorrow and decide I guess. It's so weird how they'll customize some things for some brides and not others...

I love your hairstyle! Can't wait to see pictures of how it turns out!!

I love your hairstyle! Can't wait to see pictures of how it turns out!!

Thanks! I stole it from another bride, so I can't take full credit, but I really like that look. My original inspiration was Jessica Simpson's hair at her wedding to Nick Lachey - I used to watch their show when they were still married, and I thought her hair was really pretty in their wedding shots in the opening of the show. I couldn't ever find any pics of it, but this is pretty much the same. My hair is only just past my shoulders, so I hope it's the same feel even if it will be a little shorter.

Now that I'm all photosavy :lmao: here are some pics of our invitations and my sister's boquet that cost me $5 on clearance at Michaels!

invites002.jpg

jan08006.jpg

I have tried to convince my sweet princess that maybe silk would not cause lightning to strike for her MOH and Bridesmaids, but I am not getting anywhere..maybe for some of the decor I will have better luck!

I have tried to convince my sweet princess that maybe silk would not cause lightning to strike for her MOH and Bridesmaids, but I am not getting anywhere..maybe for some of the decor I will have better luck!

I wouldn't have thought I would like it until I stumbled on this boquet. For $5 I dont' care if it looks a little fake!! Now I'm also not going to spend $$ preserving my boquet, just going to keep this one instead!

I have to say though, I'm probably the exception to the rule with brides. This wedding has been so long coming, I'm just happy to be getting married, and I'm over the "I have to have it" stage I was in last year. Now I want nice, but cost effective - sort of an oxymoron with a Disney wedding!:rotfl:

Great PJ so far! I have to say, you have the absolute best wedding day possible!! It's also my wedding day, or rather, my annivesary. But we are planning a VR for our 10th, in 2 yrs.

Good luck with the cake choices!

jennifer

Great PJ so far! I have to say, you have the absolute best wedding day possible!! It's also my wedding day, or rather, my annivesary. But we are planning a VR for our 10th, in 2 yrs.

Good luck with the cake choices!

jennifer

thanks! :thumbsup2 As the day is getting closer and people figure out that it's a Tuesday, they're all confused and I have to keep explaining that in Disney, every day is a weekend1 :rotfl:

Just got caught up on your PJ - everything looks and sounds great so far. And you are getting close!!

Lots of stuff got done this week - except of course for a picture of my tiara... need to do that tomorrow!!

Newsletters - I made 2 versions, one for family riding in the limo with pickup times, and one for everyone else with driving directions to the WP

Bride T-Shirt - OK, for some reason since we got engaged I've been wanting a Bride or Bride to Be shirt. I can't explain it, but I really wanted one and never got one. Today I went to WalMart (I NEVER go to WalMart but had a Gift card from my shower) for some toiletries, cards and things, and stumbled on their bridal section. First I have to say, they had a lot of stuff very reasonably priced - guest books, ring pillows, flower girl baskets, tiaras, hair jewerly, invitiations, planning books, and even veils! Ok, so in that section they had some rhinestone iron-ons for tshirts. None of them said Bride, so I got the one that says Just Married! I figured I can wear it the day after the wedding with my Minnie ears. They only had one color - light blue - but it was less than $2 and then in the clothing section I got a tshirt for $5.88. So in total I'll be under $8 for a Just Married rhineshtone T!! :thumbsup2 If figure shirt quality long term doesn't matter since I won't go around very long with a Just Married tshirt!

nails - I've been debating on what to do about my nails for the wedding. I'm very lucky and have really nice nails naturally, but I'd like them to be polished for the wedding. Well, my nails do not keep polish well - they always chip within 24 hours. So, part of my excursion to Walmart was to get white and clear polish to use to do my own french manicure the night before or more likely morning of the wedding while everyone else is getting their hair done. I know it sounds nuts, but I've done it a bunch of times (ok it's been more than a few years since the last time) and it always comes out really nice. I guess I should give it a dry run over the next couple of weeks to make sure I haven't lost my touch!

What to wear to the rehearsal dinner?? I've been worried about this. I had a cute dress from ann taylor that was cream with black ribbon straps and accents. Two problems - it was a little tight, and it was pretty dressy. Our rehearsal dinner is at Chef Mickey's. I was just feeling like I'd be overdressed for dinner with a cartoon mouse! :laughing: And I know DF will think we're getting all dressed up for no reason :confused: and he won't want to bring dress clothes on vacation. So I returned that dress, but had to come up with something else to wear. Today while shopping I found a cute white skirt with 2 layers - solid underneath and eyelets on top. I think that with a cute solid colored top will be just the right combination of dressy/casual! :bride:

Marriage license - ok, this was a big one!! Last year about this time DF freaked out and called off our wedding... So we never did our marriage license or tuxes (also finished getting all measured this week). I sent the first paperwork off in early Februray and have had it back for weeks. We tried to have a woman at work who is a notary do the signing with us a couple weeks ago, but she disappeared right when DF showed up for lunch, so it got delayed. Yesterday he came for lunch again and I'd scheduled our appt on her calendar (ok, it wasn't work related, but I didn't want her to wander off again!). Now we finally had that done. In the meantime I've been trying to get our marriage counselor from this past summer (helped DF with his anxiety and helped me with stuff I didn't even know I had issues with!) to send us a letter saying we'd been to counseling to save us the $32 off our license (I know it's not much, but weddings are freaking expensive, and since we'd paid for the counseling, why not save the $$?) :confused3 Anywho, right after we got our form notarized, i walked back to my desk to find the letter from the counselor. He'd faxed it to me and someone found it and left it on my desk! :cool1: I got all of our paperwork with driver's license copies and check together today and have them ready to mail. I KNOW i'll freak out about the envelope making it to the right place, so I'm going to take it to the post office Monday and pay for a return receipt. It's only like $1 and I'll feel so much better!

Cake - DF is bound and determined that we need a 3 tier cake :rotfl: He's concerned that we won't have enough cake AND he thinks it's too small for pictures. I hate to tell him this is the same size cake we were going to have last year for double the number of guests!! This is one of the only things he's really felt strongly about (other than NOT bussing our guests to EPCOT for a DP b/c he thought some might not want to go :confused3 :confused3 ) so I guess we'll be eating cake ALL WEEK!! I need to make a note to myself to bring zip lock tubs to give cake to people to take with them so we don't end up eating a ton of cake ourselves!! I wonder how much this will cost!!:eek:

Whew! That was longer than I though! So I did really get a lot of stuff done this week. Tomorrow I need to get some nicer envelopes to mail our newsletters with WDW maps (color copies of the ones on the back of your resort map you get when you check in at a Disney resort). I want everyone to have maps so they'll see where everything is when they see the week's events, and so that the ones staying off property (all but DF's dad and brother) will have good maps to get around. I want to wait about another week to mail these, but it'll be nice to have them ready to go!

When it's light out tomorrow, I'll post a tiara picture and then I really do need help figuring out how to cover that back piece!!!

Just found your Planning Journal...Can't wait to read more!

So I finally have most of the pictures to go along with everything. First, here are the pictures of the tiara I inherited from my sister last month. It's my something borrowed along with her veil. She never got to wear it for her wedding, and I never bought one, so it's nice that I can wear it and it matches fine, but it's got a weird halo on the back that I'm not sure how to handle. HELP!!

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

Next is my swarovski Cinderella necklace and bracelet that I bought last spring when they were being discontinued. I love them, but they're too much for my dress, so unless someone here wants them, they're going up on ebay!

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

Everything sounds wonderful! LOL about DF and the cake! :) The tiara is beautiful. I'd bet Lynn could tell you how to fix your hair around the "halo" part! :hug:

Everything sounds wonderful! LOL about DF and the cake! :) The tiara is beautiful. I'd bet Lynn could tell you how to fix your hair around the "halo" part! :hug:

I know DF is INSANE about the cake - I suppose we all have our issues! :cake: Come to think of it, anytime we have anyone over for a meal or a party, he always thinks we don't have enough food, so we always end up with WAY too much!! I guess it's good he wants to be a good host. :lovestruc

Ok, it took a while to get these pics on my computer from CD (got a new computer in January and hadn't uploaded them) so now here is a picture of me and DF

ourpictures189.jpg

My niece and our flower girl, Makenzie - sorry it's sideways - I can't figure out how to get the rotated image that photobucket shows to show up here...
dressandshower004.jpg

My nephew Brayden with DBIL who sadly cannot make the wedding - he's a pilot and will be in training that day. He might make it in time for the WIshes cruise if he gets done on time and catches the right flight.

buddyanddaddy2.jpg

On a side note, this picture was taken last year on what would have been our wedding trip. The day that would have been our wedding, poor little guy tripped in the kiddie pool at CS and wound up with several stitches. He didn't seem to mind after he got icecream though :thumbsup2

Here's our sweet baby Cammi - she deserves a couple of pics
This is what she looks like now, when in need of a haircut
ourpictures081.jpg

this is what she looks like all pretty after the "spa"
0124081406-00.jpg

Oh, and for completeness, my sister, and Mom and Dad with DBIL and kids

familycastle.jpg

Hey. Love your PJ! Anyways I havebeen looking for that bracelet and necklace everywhere! how much are u seeing it for becuase I would be very very very interested let me tell u!!!!!!

That jewelry is beautiful!! I agree...ask Lynn about how to get around the "halo".

I love the family pics!!! Especially the ones of Cammi...such a cute puppy!! :)

Your furbaby is adorable! One of my nicknames is Cammy, so I'm particularly fond of an adorable little girl with the "same" name. ;)

I love your Tiara...Good luck selling your Cinderella Jewels!

You guy's are soo cute :) Love your doggie!!!!

Everything sound's amazing,love the tiara!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter