It's called "A Salute to All Nations, But Mostly America". Trip 6/30/13 - 7/6/13

mindylee847

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow Disney lovers! I've been reading through Trip Reports and I wanted to share my experiences with all of you as well. Now bear with me, I have never done one of these before so I have a learning curve, right?! ;)

So my husband and I are big Disney fans. We've been to Disney World quite a few times in the last few years, Disneyland once, and we took a Disney Cruise last April for our honeymoon. We're pretty experienced, but in my opinion, one can never truly have experienced all of Disney! There's just so much and it's everchanging! That's what's so wonderful and magial about the whole experience.

So let's begin my Pre-Trip Report!!::yes::

Cast of Characters​

princess:Me!! I'm Mindy. I'm 25 and will be 26 on our next trip out to Disney World. I'm a huge Disney fan and have been since I can remember! My dad always said he hated Mickey Mouse - but I think my rebellious side pushed me more into the magic! You know how teenagers are. :rolleyes2

:wizard:Mike (my husband). He's also 25 and will be 26. He's a bit more obsessed with Harry Potter and Star Wars than Disney... but I still love him! We've been together since we were 15.

When​

If you couldn't tell from the title, our trip is from June 30th, 2013 through July 6th, 2013.

I can't wait to experience Disney during a holiday!! I know they go all out and I am so thrilled to be a part of it this year. We have gone before in July so we are well aware of the heat that is going to smack us in the face when we fly down from Wisconsin. We did consider going in April for our one year anniversary but it was just not going to work with Mike's work schedule. I reluctantly said "Fine" and pushed it back.

Where​

We are staying at Port Orleans - French Quarter. :joker: Now this is a treat for us. We have only ever stayed in the Value Resorts. We decided on a Moderate this time around because we will definitely need to take breaks during the day for naps and pool time with it being so darn hot and humid! We wanted a fun pool and comfier rooms.

We got the reccomendations from one of our other Disney loving friends. She and her husband had stayed there for their honeymoon and instantly fell in love with the place. From what I gather from others, it is a very romantic and quiet resort... and I LOVE BEIGNETS!! I've heard these ones are to die for.

Why​

I guess I kind of already answered it... but mostly, we just love Disney and wanted to go back! We haven't been to the World by ourselves since January of 2008. We've gone in between then with families and friends a few times, but we just want to marvel the magic with just each other. :love:

I'll be posting more soon about where we plan to go and where we plan to eat. I'm excited about this and I hope you all enjoy my posts and feel free to give us some suggestions!! We would love to find out about some of the little things we can do that we just wouldn't think of on our own!

My trip is 170 days away, but who's counting?! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter