It's booked!!! + a few questions

Alana1980

Mouseketeer
Mum has booked our trip to Disneyland Paris! I'm so excited already! Here's what I know so far.
-Travelling via Eurostar Standard Premium on Monday September 23rd, arriving at DLP 1400, returning on Wednesday September 25th, leaving at 1801, Mum's arranged the Disney luggage service for us.
-Staying in the Disneyland Hotel, half board premium
-Three day park passes each
-The holiday is being booked through a travel agent and she is sorting out our restaurant reservations, the provisional plan is Monday 23rd September Chez Remy dinner, Tuesday 24th September Plaza Gardens breakfast, Tuesday 24th September Inventions dinner, Wednesday 25th September Inventions breakfast, Wednesday 25th September Agrabah café lunch which just leaves Tuesday lunchtime to pop in somewhere quickly, possibly one of the pizza places.
-I believe Mum is also sorting out a Photopass, I'll check that with her.

I've already had most of my questions answered by FAQS and sticky threads and using the search function , but I still have a few queries.

When do the Halloween decorations go up? I've got a lovely purple dress with bats, ghosts, pumpkins, haunted houses etc on that I'm planning to wear and I'm hoping that the decorations will be up by then.

Do we get a multi pass card each? From what I understand, we get a card that is our combination hotel room key and park entry, will this be one for Mum and I to share or one each?

Which is better, fast pass or single rider, for Hyperspace Mountain and Ratatouille? Those are the only two rides I'm planning to do that have both available, is one faster than the other or does it depend on the time of day?

How much planning is needed? I've already got the Disneyland Paris app, the Photopass app and the Lineberty app, and I've bought the Kindle edition of the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris 2018 and made a list of must do, want to do and would be nice if time separated into me only and me and Mum, so is it best to have a rough idea of what you want to do when or an exhaustive itinerary like "0600 wake up 0630 swimming 0730 breakfast 0830 use Extra Magic Time for Princess Pavilion and rides x, y and z, 0930 get a Fastpass for ride a and go on ride b" etc?

Thanks in advance!

No, the halloween decorations won't be up yet, or, some might be, but there won't be halloween entertainment. That starts the first week of Oktober

Yes, you'll each get a card with your name on in

For Ratatouille the single riders is better for hyperspace the single riders isn't open that often, I've only used it once. The line is really cool because you'll be over the loading platform, so I liked that part

Not that much planning is needed! If you've got restaurants reserved, you're set to go!

@olafLover, thank you! I wasn't expecting such a quick response, this really is a great forum.

Great time to go, the days before is the Disney Run weekend, and the majority of the guests will leave either Sunday evening or Monday during the day.

Is this normal or does it vary according to the time of day and season?
I think that's a given, as the queue for fastpasses always keep going, regardless how many there are in a party. All rides are designed for even number parties. With Single Riders you have to wait and be lucky to get several odd-numbered parties to make the Single Riders queue get moving.

Another question I thought of: How accurate are the waiting times for rides shown on the Disneyland Paris app?
I think as reliable as the other Disney Parks. Usually good, sometimes hit & miss, and you can get some inflated wait times right before closing.

I think that's a given, as the queue for fastpasses always keep going, regardless how many there are in a party. All rides are designed for even number parties. With Single Riders you have to wait and be lucky to get several odd-numbered parties to make the Single Riders queue get moving.
Ah, thanks for the explanation, that makes a lot of sense.

I think as reliable as the other Disney Parks. Usually good, sometimes hit & miss, and you can get some inflated wait times right before closing.
That's good to know, I will probably be relying on the app to help plan as I go along

Single rider for Ratatouille is usually much faster. The rats seat 6 - 3 in the front and 3 in the back so if you have a party of 4 they put 2 in the front and 2 in the back and fill the 2 vacant seats with 2 single riders.

Is this normal or does it vary according to the time of day and season?
I don't know. That was our only visit. But single rider lines for top tier rides averaged 20 - 35 minute posted waits that day, and Fast pass waits for them were 5 -10 minutes max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter