It's August, time to go to Disney! A 2018 PTR. updated with final plans/changes 08/15!

She has held a very special place in my heart since the day she was born. She was nine weeks early and spent over two months in the hospital before she came home so is doubly precious to all of us. Plus she is fun, smart, quirky and fearless. I just love her to bits!
I can only imagine the love you all must have for her :lovestruc Sounds like a very special young lady :goodvibes

We did a 10 day/9 night stay here back in 2010 on a family trip and LOVED it! I am really looking forward to staying here again.
I bet you are!

Love both! I know my niece will love Sci-Fi! I can't wait for Tonga Toast.....mmmm!
I've been to Sci-Fi several times but never Kona - I'm really excited for it! :thumbsup2

Your first day plans sound great! We love flying in early for the same reason- a whole day basically in Disney!

Joy and Sadness are one of my favorite meet and greets. I just wish the line didn't move sooo slowly!

We may be crazy but our day 2 plans are the infamous 4 parks/1 day challenge!!
I did 4 parks/1 day on my own last summer and had a ball. I thought it would be fun to try again and asked my niece if she would be on board. She loved the idea and we decided we hit Hollywood Studios for EMH, followed by Animal Kingdom for our fastpasses and lunch, Epcot and EMH at MK! I am so excited for this day. For the parks where we don't have fastpasses, our goal will be to do an attraction, meet a character and have a snack/drink.

1st park of the day: Hollywood Studios.
  1. Rope drop TSMM
  2. Meet Buzz and Woody
  3. Carrot Cake cookies for breakfast!
2nd park: Animal Kingdom
  1. Explore Pandora
  2. FP for Navi River Journey
  3. FP for Festival of the Lion King
  4. FP for Kilimanjaro Safari
  5. Lunch at Yak and Yeti
  6. Meet Russel and Dug
3rd park: Epcot
  1. Pixar Shorts movie festival
  2. Meet Alice
  3. Stroll through World Showcase
  4. Nachos and drinks at La Cantina de San Angel

1. Continued in next post due to uncooperative computer........

Rest Break
  1. Head back to the Poly via Monorail
  2. Swim and chill by the pool for a bit
  3. Drinks/snacks at Trader Sams
4th park: Magic Kingdom

1. Tomorrowland Transit Authority aka the People Mover!
  2. Watch Happily Ever After fireworks
  3. Haunted Mansion
  4. Dole Whips
  5. Pirates
  6. Jungle Cruise
  7. A Kiss Goodnight
So we may be overly ambitious or extremely optimistic, take your pick! Nonetheless, we are going to go for it and I think we will have a wonderful time. Let's hope the weather gods cooperate. :)

I did 4 parks/1 day on my own last summer and had a ball.
Yes! I remember what a great time you had... time for a repeat! :thumbsup2

Carrot Cake cookies for breakfast!
Breakfast of champions... and I might have to do the same ;)

Tomorrowland Transit Authority aka the People Mover!
One of my all-time favorites :goodvibes

So we may be overly ambitious or extremely optimistic, take your pick!
I'd just say genius ;) ::yes::

Hmm... I hadn't planned on doing 4 parks in 1 day for my trip next week, but you got my wheels turning... :rolleyes1 ;)

Looks like a fun filled day! We did 3 parks this last trip and it was great. We were tired at the end of the day but not bad!

Following along! Sounds like a fun trip for you and your niece! I love the 4 parks/1 day plans, so much fun!!
We will be there Aug 17-25! Working on planning, although I haven't started a PTR.... :rolleyes1

Your first day plans sound great! We love flying in early for the same reason- a whole day basically in Disney!

Joy and Sadness are one of my favorite meet and greets. I just wish the line didn't move sooo slowly!
I am excited for the Joy and Sadness meet! :)I was lucky enough to get a late departure flight too as more Disney time is always good, right??

One of my all-time favorites :goodvibes
Me too!

Yes! I remember what a great time you had... time for a repeat! :thumbsup2
Especially when you have a great Dismeet!

Hmm... I hadn't planned on doing 4 parks in 1 day for my trip next week, but you got my wheels turning... :rolleyes1 ;)
Do it! You are such a park hopper anyway, it would be easy for you!

Looks like a fun filled day! We did 3 parks this last trip and it was great. We were tired at the end of the day but not bad!
So looking forward to it!

Following along! Sounds like a fun trip for you and your niece! I love the 4 parks/1 day plans, so much fun!!
We will be there Aug 17-25! Working on planning, although I haven't started a PTR.... :rolleyes1
:welcome:and thanks for joining in! I hope you do a PTR too... they are fun to read. Where are you guys staying? Happy planning to you! :)

I am loving your super ambitious plans! we are also staying at the Poly the last week of August! However, we are taking more of a laid back approach-although, since I usually travel solo I am a complete park commando!!

I am loving your super ambitious plans! we are also staying at the Poly the last week of August! However, we are taking more of a laid back approach-although, since I usually travel solo I am a complete park commando!!
So exciting!! Are you planning anything special for your anniversary trip? Our day 2 plans are super ambitious for sure but we will also have lots of down time to enjoy the pool and resort too. :) Are you requesting a particular longhouse? I am leaning to the beach side of Fiji or Artorea, we are booked with a standard view so I think either of these would be fine. Maybe we will run in to you around the resort!

We are doing MNSSHP-first time for both of us!!
Oh my gosh, you are going to LOVE it!!! I went last year and adored every minute; the parade, the fireworks, awesome character meets, The Sanderson sisters etc etc. You guys will have the best time!

My best friend LOVES the Poly....and I am thinking when my husband retires next year (we're young don't let the word retire throw you off lol)...I was thinking of trying an adults only trip at Poly!:love:

WL is truly our second home:welcome:..............so if you have time with your niece -although you won't be overnighting it at WL....spend a few hours there enjoying

the resort...because it is absolutely B*e*a*u*t*i*f*u*l !

My best friend LOVES the Poly....and I am thinking when my husband retires next year (we're young don't let the word retire throw you off lol)...I was thinking of trying an adults only trip at Poly!:love:

WL is truly our second home:welcome:..............so if you have time with your niece -although you won't be overnighting it at WL....spend a few hours there enjoying

the resort...because it is absolutely B*e*a*u*t*i*f*u*l !
Thanks for joining in! :) We only wish we could retire, lol!! But with three boys to get through university, it will be a few years off. You will love the Poly, I am so looking forward to staying there again. My DH and I will be celebrating our 20th next June and are hoping to stay at WL for part of our anniversary trip.

Thanks for joining in! :) We only wish we could retire, lol!! But with three boys to get through university, it will be a few years off. You will love the Poly, I am so looking forward to staying there again. My DH and I will be celebrating our 20th next June and are hoping to stay at WL for part of our anniversary trip.

My husband is retiring as a police officer. ( he put in 25 years -and says he's d-o-n-e)
So we will be celebrating that. He will work but has time to enjoy the first retirement for awhile.

With 3 in college he will go to work at a family run business, where it is safer but some extra $$$ to have along with the pension etc..if ya know what I mean.
Do most people really fully retire? nah....especially with a love for Disney. pixiedust:
Congrats on the 20 years! We will be celebrating 25 this year! How funny that you and I will possibly be switching resorts next visits! :dogdance: After your trip this time I will be watching for any tips or posts you share about the Poly! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!