It's another Disney Birthday for my little guy...here we come!!!!

dreamer423

Mouseketeer
Here I am in July planning another December trip to our Happy place for Ds' 8 :eek: birthday! I love all the TR here and love how it increases my anticipation and tickles my Disney fancy. Let's see if i can give just a little of what I get back...

So, the Cast...

Me-Single Mommy to DS, Disney Dreamer, long time Disney fan, no how matter tired always have time for a good book. Especially a good DISNEY book:goodvibes

DS-Let's call him Marco. Not his real name, but the one I call out in a crowd. You know Marco....Polo. Works great most times, just not in a crowd of Frat boys or mischievous Dads. He loves Mickey, Piglet, All things Disney. Especially the Japan store:rolleyes1. He loves spending his birthday in the World.

We'll be here 12/16-12/20. DGP's-Baba and Papa-joining us. Woo hoo!

Lets see if i can get some photos on here..

ok-Can't remember how to do it. Will do later!

It's Later...

IMG_1065.jpg
[/IMG]

Next up, Meet the Grands, take a walk down memory lane...

This is Baba and Papa on a cold day last December

IMG_1265.jpg

She loves all her DGK. Especially Marco! I'm just lucky we get to see so much of her. She is my Mom, my best friend, and my partner in Disney crime. Heh HEh. Although, Be forewarned-if you EVER share a room with her-Bring your earplugs! She snores AND she sleeps with the TV on.:scared1: When DSis and DBro and I were in college and away, she and Papa took trips to the World all by themselves!

He and Marco adore each other:goodvibes. He's a big softie underneath and outside if you know where to look. Loves a laugh and a good snack, dessert, ice cream, fruit. Yeah, you guessed it-he's a nosher. So we never go hungry!

In fact it was Baba and Papa who re-introduced me and brought Marco for his trip to the world. Here he is meeting Eyeore for the first time. I forget how little he was! This is such a sweet memory for me.

grandkids032.jpg

We had such fun that trip-a long weekend @ BC, a little fantasyland. A little Fivreworks-his word. He adores piglet and still cuddles him. In fact Piglet accompanies us on most Disvacations.

I've taken over as the planner, thinker, all around Disgeek in the family. And I'm proud to say-I'm doing a great job passing it on! Ds would rather spend his birthday in Disney than have a birthday party any day. And that's big considering where we live birthday parties have gotten way out of hand! I love not having to do invites, party favors etc...

Next up... Pin codes and birthdays...

All year i planned to go for the day on my birthday last April, but it turned out I had to work:sad2:

Marco and I were lucky to go with friends for their birthday in June and had a blast. Here's Marco and A (friend's daughter) after we closed down Epcot.

IMG_1742.jpg

So, you could have blown me over with a feather after more than 30 trips for the first time EVER-I got a pin code:cool1::cool1:

I was on that phone immediately! Marco's birthday is in December and now i could "give him the world"

Next Up.... Where are we staying and for how long?

Ok-So this update has taken awhile. between getting ready for school and a move....

For anyone reading-here goes...

I originally booked for Dec. 16-20 @ POR. It is not Marco's favorite. His personal Favorite is WL.:laughing: Happens to be one of my favorites. They had nothing but Ctyard left, so no thank you. I like POR b/c being a S. FL Native-i like that the theming is not "Subtropical" and everything feels lush and green. What I don't like is the lack of clear signage driving back to it.:rolleyes1 Yeah, that's right-one night it took me and friend 1 HOUR driving around that bottleneck before I found the right turn.

So, is this where we are staying?....

NO.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Like many DIssers, I plan and plan and re-plan! A freind was going with her daughter the weekend of 12/5 and the rates were great! So I thought about it. Even thought about a pirate room @ CBR...or CSR which we've never called home. And then I found out it was POP Warner week. So I weighed the value f the cost and then i found out that a school book fair for which i chair a committee is the weekend of the 5th!!! So that sealed the deal.

Still-i was trying to figure out how to max the time and minimize the budget. Oh and of course this is the last week of school before winter vacation.

So-you ask-where are we staying? And when?

I let Marco pick place and I picked dates. ...

He chose ASSP:yay::yay::yay: He can't wait to run the football field!

So I chose 12/16-12/20 and saved and saved!!!!

Now here's where I need your help. We've got lots of planning to do and our dining window opens in less than 30 days!!!!

Up next---

Please help me plan our dining/park ressies!!!

Following along. I'm taking my DD7 for her birthday this year, so I'm interested to see what you plan for "Marco" :)

So this will be the third time we are in the World Nov/Dec and we LOVE it.

of course it changes the way we tour. So does Marco as he grows up.:thumbsup2

A little background....

Marco is am early riser. Very early. Like 5:30 a.m, maybe 6. No amount of "bed time adjusting" has ever worked.:confused:

When he was a baby I tried and tried. Finally i taught him how to use the VCR and pop in a tape, or turn on the TV tuned to Noggin. Best Idea I ever had.

And I'm a pretty early riser too.

So we like to do RD. But the last two times we went with friends-they were night owls-the 3 yo too:eek: So we adjusted and got to see the parks later in the day and evening.

We found out.....WE Love HM @ night.

Now we like a little of each.

So this trip we arrive on Wed 12/16 and leave on Sun 12/20,

Marco's Bday is 12/19.

We want to see MK @ night but our only choices would be

12/16 arrival day or 12/19-Sat-bday, b/c MVMCP is the 17 and 18.

We also want to go to Universal 1 day.

We, including Baba and Papa, love Epcot. Now I might get flamed for this...As much as or maybe more than MK...

So some of this depends on the Dec. hours...

Plan 1-

12/16- arrival, MK around 3 till close,
Dinner?-In MK? Maybe Plaza. Maybe Ohana near fireworks time, maybe ice cream for dinner

12/17
Epcot

Lunch-Rose and crown, Japan or Chef's

Dinner-Kouzzina and Illuminations or BLUe Man group

12/18
MK in the am-CM for Late breakfast

parade

Dinner Epcot-Beaches n cream-Kitchen sink or Ohana

12/19

Marco's choice

Maybe am in MK,

Midday in DHS-lunch 5o's PT

Dinner-the Wave?

12/20

Universal

Must do's

CM-brunch
all The Mountains-1st time ever SM for marco!
Tom Sawyer's island
Peter Pan
Train
Hall of PResidents
People mover
HM
HM
HM
HM
:rotfl:

Test Track
Soarin
innoventions
Maelstrom
SE

Star tours
Stunt Show
TSM

So a lot depends on the hours.

If we do CM for brunch on DS birthday, he would love it-but not sure about going to DHS-which he really wants as well.

So, what do you say?

the silence is deafening:goodvibes:goodvibes

Here's alternate schedule:

Arrival Day

12/16

Disney quest-since we have passes

DTD shopping

Dinner- either....

Ice cream @ ghiradelli

or maybe Raglan Road followed by Sundaes. we're just afraid dinner won't leave room for the real important stuff...hot fudge, ice cream, whipped cream...:laughing:

12/17

MK in the am

CS lunch-maybe Columbia house-never tried it or
Plaza

Maybe CM latest breakfast

Dinner-dinner 50's PT
osbourne Lights

12/18

Epcot

Lunch-Chef's or Rose and Crown or yakitori house

Dinner?

Blue Man Group

12/19 Marco's Birthday!!!

What do guys think?

Baba and Papa are NOT early risers-so Marco and I will bus it over for RD and meet them for late b'fast /early lunch most days.

How is CM for dinner for a vegetarian??? We love brunch but I would love to do dinner but am worried about food choices.

Waiting for those December hours sure makes it hard.:rolleyes1

So now I can really put some plans together in time for making Adrs.:thumbsup2

Right now, my big thing is when to do Chef Mickeys? Am or PM.

I started a poll, but don't know how to link you guys here. So help me out. lately it sounds like dinner is super rushed with crazy little character time.We want to change it up this trip and do dinner instead of breakfast, but not if we get less time with Our favorite friends.

So-any thoughts? CM better in am or pm?

Next up:

Updated plans

Hi! Just found you! I'm going to follow along!! Plans look good! We will be leaving a few days before you get there!

That's when i can make my ADR's.:cool1::cool1:

So now...

12/16-

arrival
disney Quest
Ohana's (or Kona)

or

MK/LTT

12/17

DHS

50's PT Lunch
Tchoup Tchoup
Blue Man Group

12/18

Epcot

Lunch?
Kouzzina?

12/19 (Marco's bday)

MK All day (open till 11pm!)

Chef Mickey

Dinner? Can we do Ohana twice?

What is another MK area dinner for Marco's birthday? Baba and Papa will need a rest. So will I ;) but may not get it.

12/20
Universal

after we upgrade to 15 mos sp!!!

Still working on the disney-o-meter.

oh, and we're moving in a few weeks so between that and work on the new house, don't know when I sleep!

It only took &^(*&)() years, but i just learned how to change/edit the thread title like I see others do. all that teasing about UPDATES.:laughing:

I also learned how to multiquote. But I'll wait till tomorrow to try that one out!

G'night dissers.

What about Crystal Palace? We've always had good luck there....breakfast and dinner both

What about Crystal Palace? We've always had good luck there....breakfast and dinner both
We do like both. But both seem to get much better reviews all around for breakfast. I ran it by Marco and he likes the idea. So we'll see what happens with Adrs on .....Thursaday:=}

So, in summit conference over the weekend, we have decided to forego MK on our arrival day. After all, I have lots of things planned in a short time and don't want to wear Baba and Papa out the first day;)

so now we plan on DTD and disneyquest for 12/16. Since it's a Wed, I'm hoping it won't be too busy in the afternoon. So, now I'm looking for a Ressie in DTD. Must say, I'm not overwhelmed. Marco and I don't eat red meat, pork, or shellfish and sometimes the kid menus aren't great. I'm thinking maybe Raglan Road, but wouldn't be there to hear the music. I'm also thinking how about sundae's at Ghiradelli followed by chocolate covered pretzels?:cloud9:

Maybe this would be a good night for Kouzzina. i love greek food, but the reviews are underwhelming. all in all we're looking for an early laid back night.

I'm also now thinking of changing our days around since UG put up new ratings. Which only means that maybe we'll skip Blue Man Group-but we do all want to see it.

I don't know....so many decisions.

oh and-I have put the countdown thingie on hold b/c...NO ONE tld me what a pain it is to peel bunches of LGMH's off backing:eek: So wish I had cricut just for that.:laughing:

so Thursday morning is my ADR day! can't wait. Really hoping for CM and CP for Marco's bday 12/19. and 50's PT on our DHS day. Looks like I may have to give up Ohana dinner. Oh well, now i'll just have to plan our next trip there.

oh and MArco wants to treat me to the Castle, "the next time, Mommy, for you".:love::love: Boy, do I love that boy!

So, we've had a huge move and a new year and a bunch of holidays and oh so many boxes to unpack!!

Here's our adrs

12/16-6:30 (or 6:40) Ohana's
12/17-11:45-50's PT
12/18-12:30-Chef's de France
12/18-6:30-Scifi
12/19-Ds's Birthday:love:11:30-CM
12/19-4:45-CP

So there you have it!

It was quite an issue getting these only because I did wake up @ 3:eek: and then couldn't get on! My Mac just didn't work. Finally I tried my mother's PC and it let me on. So I was done by 6:30!!! I just didn't get to do the allergy/vegetarian request online. I'll call later for that!

SO there;s only a few, but they were all kinda important.

We're still "snowed under" with boxes so Displanning has been delayed.

Still hope to make an autograph book and workin on a countdown paper chain , template provided by another generous Disser.

Thinking about:
Welcome basket for Marco
Special cake
Blue Man Group
Disney Quest
Making or ordering shirts...

the brain's a rumbling...

so-i can't figure out how these photos are so tiny-even on photobucket:confused3

this was Marco's in room bday cake @ AKL. He loved it! If I recall-it was pretty chocolatey tasty and we loved it!

thebestmama
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1080.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter