Itinerary complaint

anna08

DIS Veteran
Like many families, our school's spring break is predictable each year - the same week in the calendar. Makes vacation planning nice for advance plans. DCL is having the same Western Caribbean itinerary for the third year (that we've checked) in 2014 for that particular week. We managed to swallow the disappointment of the same itinerary this year as last, as Key West was replaced by Costa Maya, but there is no way we would book it yet again next year. I would think they would have thought about that, but obviously not. That's even with BOTH the Fantasy and the Wonder in the Caribbean next year. They are both doing Western trips. We would normally be easy repeat customers, but little forethought by DCL has us looking elsewhere. Anyone have any great spring break ideas for other cruise lines in 2014?

Like many families, our school's spring break is predictable each year - the same week in the calendar. Makes vacation planning nice for advance plans. DCL is having the same Western Caribbean itinerary for the third year (that we've checked) in 2014 for that particular week. We managed to swallow the disappointment of the same itinerary this year as last, as Key West was replaced by Costa Maya, but there is no way we would book it yet again next year. I would think they would have thought about that, but obviously not. That's even with BOTH the Fantasy and the Wonder in the Caribbean next year. They are both doing Western trips. We would normally be easy repeat customers, but little forethought by DCL has us looking elsewhere. Anyone have any great spring break ideas for other cruise lines in 2014?

Have you thought about a non-cruise vacation? We went to Ireland a few years back over Spring Break, and had a blast. 2 years ago we went to an AI resort south of Cancun with a bunch of families and had a great time. If your set on cruising, how about a non-DCL cruise. I have heard good things about NCL for families.

Mike

MND said:
Have you thought about a non-cruise vacation? We went to Ireland a few years back over Spring Break, and had a blast. 2 years ago we went to an AI resort south of Cancun with a bunch of families and had a great time. If your set on cruising, how about a non-DCL cruise. I have heard good things about NCL for families.

Mike

I was about to recommend an all inclusive also. We did a family friendly resort in Jamaica a couple years ago. We were able to do a couple different excursions and had a few beach days. It was definitely something we will do again soon.

Royal Caribbean is also kicking it up a few notches for families with the Dreamworks theme on some of their ships. A DIS'er did a wonderful comparison trip report on one of the new Oasis class ships v. DCL. I don't have kids and was ready to hop on board after that, just to try something new that sounded really fun. RCCL is also normally a little bit cheaper than DCL.

we just came off of the Freedom of the Seas and loved it....you may want to give RCI a look.

Have you thought about a Bahamas cruise, paired with some WDW adventured, or maybe even a back to back???

we just came off of the Freedom of the Seas and loved it....you may want to give RCI a look.
We also sailed on a Freedom Class ship and enjoyed it. Loved the Ice Skating show.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter