Italian Charms...

mkauffman

If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney
Does anyone know if DCL makes an Italian charm link yet? I just bought my Eeyore link over the weekend and I would love a DCL link (my bracelet is filling up fast!). I've looked on Ebay and I don't find one, which leads me to believe that it isn't available. I was hoping to find them on the ship in November.

Michelle:Pinkbounc

I also collect sterling Disney charms (I only need 3 more to fill up my 2d bracelet!). I have 3 DCL charms: a Mickey's head shaped flat charm that has the DCL logo embossed on it; a 3D Donald painting the helm charm (SO cute, but the paintbrush tends to catch on clothing); and a 3D ship with "Magic" engraved on the bottom. Got these on our last cruise, am hoping the Wonder has its own charms!

If anyone else has any other DCL charms, please do let me know!

For Ebay shoppers, Judith Jack used to make a line of Disney marcasite jewelry that is gorgeous. I have the charm bracelet and a number of pins (several of which have moving parts). They are really nice and if you can find them, you won't regret getting them. The charm bracelet has Minnie's shoes & hairbow, Mickey's torso & gloves & a Mickey outline head. They are all 3D (except the head) and like all Judith Jack items, have lots of marcasite. The shoes are especially cute.

:wave: Cupcake

Are your charms the kind that just hang from a charm bracelet? My charm bracelet is "links". You take one link to put a new link in. All of the charms "link" together to make the bracelet, if that makes sense. If you type in "italian charms" in the search mode on Ebay, you'll see thousands of them, but I can't seem to find a DCL link. Yours sound very cute, though!

I have never noticed those before, and trust me, with my charm bracelet addiction, I think it would have registered. I'm on the 9/28 4 night Wonder . . . :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc . . . so I will look. I imagine if they are anywhere to be found, that's where they'd be.

In the meantime, allow me to suggest that you expand your collection to include the traditional dangle charms as they really are cute! You can also make great jewelry from them by purchasing earring findings etc. and attaching them. I have a set of Tinkerbell hairsticks that invariably get tons of comments, esp. at Disney. I threaded some crystals & silver spacers from a bead shop onto a eye pin and put that onto a hairstick. I then attached several jump rings from the top loop and added a silver Tinkerbell charm to each stick so she's "flying" and can dangle. They are really fun!

Good luck with your charm collection either way!

:wave: Cupcake

Ok, thanks Cupcake! Have fun on your upcoming cruise and keep me posted if you find any charm links!

I have an Italian Charm Bracelet and I don't think they make a DCL charm yet. I have bought a few of the Disney "Add-a Link" charms, but they turn to lead color as the link is not made of stainless steel and the charm is not gold. Zoppini makes a cruise ship charm that is blue on the bottom and red on top. Looks very much like the Magic and Wonder. I think I might get that one. If you want to see it go to this website:

www.heavenlytreasures.com

Good luck!

Thanks for the link! They have some great charms!

Yup they do! And if you order one remember that you can pick the diamond pattern one for your free bracelet! You only need to order one charm for the free bracelet....

I posted thsi question awhile ago...from what I remember ..they dont sell DCL charms on the ship :( but they do have some...hope this helps!

My DW was searching for a DCL Zoppini Charm on our past 7 Night Eastern Cruise. The only charms she was able to find were the standard Disney ones that Zoppini has to offer. They do not currently have a DCL charm. The charms can be found in Treasure Ketch.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

When we cruised in May they had just started carrying the charms and didn't have any that were DCL specific.

I did as Favorite Auntie suggested and picked up the cruise ship with the blue bottom and red top.

I really hope that they start offering DCL specific ones soon.

I"ve been looking to purchase an italian charm bracelet - can you experts help me to know what to look for...the only ones I've seen advertised are the Zoppini, but it sounds like there are many copycats which are probably cheaper! Do these bracelets pinch your arm hairs!? Also wondering if the ports of call on Eastern sell these charms and bracelets at cheaper prices? Thanks, Jo

I bought a few on the ship. I received an Italian charm bracelet from my students this spring and I wanted to add a cruise charm. Unfortunately, the Magic just had Mickey charms but no DCL charm. I happily added a few but WOULD LOVE TO ADD A CRUISE CHARM TO MY BRACELET.

I also purchased a Mickey charm onboard in May but wanted a DCL specific one. Hope they get them soon.

I found a place where my DD goes to college in Upstate NY that sells assorted charms for only $1.50 each!!! Yes they are copycats but I don't care. I was able to get my initals, a fish, american flag, a plam tree and some others for under $10.00 total!!! They are the standard size and fit perfectly on my bracelet.

It helps me save my money for the ones I really want to acquire onboard or in port!!

Oh BTW......I have not found the bracelets to pinch or pull at arm hair. Very comfortable!!

MJ

Thanks for all the responses! It's great to know that they do carry some charms on the ship, but I'd love to have a DCL specific charm! I'll suggest it to DCL staff again in November if I can't find one!

Jo, I love my bracelet. It's my most favorite piece of jewelry (and I don't have tons of it, so I don't know if that counts!). I bought my original bracelet in Rehoboth Beach, DE at a jewelry store and I still love buying them there. Their website is www.funtofine.com . The store's name is Fun to Fine Jewelry. Anyway, it doesn't pinch my arm at all. You can make it as loose or not loose as you want by deciding how many links you add/take off. That store has a whole display of Disney jewelry. I've also bought cheap charms at different places and I love them just as much! I just bought a beach umbrella over the weekend for $3.99 (my Eeyore charm was $24 at Fun to Fine). I know you can find the bracelets/charms at Kohl's and at all those little jewelry places in the mall (like Piercing Pagoda)...not sure if you have those in Toronto.

Wow.....I just went on and on and on.......you can tell I love my charms!:p

I love my bracelet too! I was hooked as soon as I saw them at the Atlanta Gift Show! I even talked my mother into buying the "real" Disney ones to sell in her gift store! So, I am slowly going broke, but they are sooo worth it! I love to look down at my Mickeys and Tinkerbells every day!! ;)

First, I have to say that I love the name of your town.....NeverLand! What a cool name for a town!

Second, you should tell your mom to put a word in with the company that makes Disney charms.......WE WANT A DCL CHARM!!:p

just back from cruise, no dcl, ones but lots of disney, also they had a cart at down town disney, they have all the letters, many characters and some princess charms, only $3.00, also the bracelet is $8.00 with a mickey charm

Oooohhhhh....great to know! We're going to Downtown Disney after the cruise!

Just an FYI, I bought the bracelet and several charms that bengals01 mentioned. The bracelet came with a mickey head with some stones in it. The stones fell out after a few months, and all the links got dirty looking. The silver plate wore off and they all look yucky now. I guess you get what you pay for. I went and bought the "real" mickey head with the CZ, and have not had a problem with it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter