It Truly was the Nightmare at Thanksgiving Disney Trip!- update 4/5 pg 10

I can't wait to hear all of the drama!

Hope to have an update later today!

Oh my gosh... I transpose numbers all the time... I totally empathize with you...;)

Oh wow... do they normally give out free dramamine or was that an indication that you were just going to be hitting extra rough water... ie... is that a common thing?

No, I don't think they give it away free. I think they were trying to avoid a messy situation. It was rough that night.

Jeremy's face on the aqua duck is absolutely priceless. :goodvibes

I had to giggle at the room story too. That is 100% something I would do. I am horrible at direction so feel your pain! And at least you didn't barge into the wrong room or something! :rotfl:

Yes, I was glad there was no 5051. I would have totally been trying to get in the door had I found it. :confused3 That could have been very embarrassing.

Jeremy loved the aquaduck! It was lots of fun.

I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience before your trip. I have been reading you TR and I can't wait to see how it continues!

:welcome: It still has a lot of ups and downs. Hope to get an update later today.

Waiting to hear more.

Update coming soon!

I last left you with a rocking boat, a missing room had been found, and I was getting sea sick! :headache:

After we got to the room, Tom had a good laugh about us being lost. He had figured out the wave phones so there would be no more lack of communication. :thumbsup2 But, I was getting sick.....REALLY SICK!!

I tried getting dressed for dinner but it was rough. Everything was spinning around me. I took dramamine but it was too late. It had already set it. We had the later dinner time so we were going to the early show. I can remember having to hold on for dear life to the hallway rail just to be able to stand up.

We sat in the balcony of the Golden Mickey's and it was hard to even focus on the show. The show was cute but just okay. It was probably my least favorite of the shows we saw.

Afterwards, I tried to get some fresh air out on deck but that didn't work either.

There is another ship in the distance.

IMG_1784_zps904666c2.jpg

Tom and Jeremy helped me get back to the room to rest before dinner. We found this when we arrived. :confused3 Anyone know what it is? It was pretty raggedy and really hard to figure out. I am thinking it was supposed to be a seagull. :scratchin

IMG_1783_zps83ba2836.jpg

The boys left out with the intent of me meeting them for dinner at the Enchanted Garden. I on the other hand laid down hoping the dizziness and sick feeling would go away.

No such luck!!!!

I did make it down to dinner and the Enchanted Garden.

I was so looking forward to this restaurant. It looks so pretty and the menu had a lot of selections I liked.

IMG_1785_zps94202bb7.jpg

We met our server for the week. Leo was fabulous and really attentive to everyone's needs. I really don't know what Tom and Jeremy ordered. I know I thought about getting some soup and Leo was adament that it would only make it worse. I ordered my meal but literally a few minutes afterwards, I knew I had to get out of there and fast. I couldn't even keep my head up.

So, I left the boys and on my way out, my fairy godmother arrived via a head server whose name I never got but will be eternally grateful. He saw how sick I was (I was PALE) and asked if he could help me. I told him I was heading to the room. He said that as soon as I got there to call room service and order ginger ale and a green apple. When you get sea sick, your body gets low on acid. Well, I did exactly what he said. And you know, that magical green apple did the trick. I immediately started feeling better after I ate it. It wasn't enough where I could get up and move around but things weren't spinning anymore and I just rested in bed.

The boys had a great meal. Jeremy had enjoyed the detective game and they headed out to the late show of Wreck It Ralph. Tom said the boat rocked until about 11:00. The captain had announced that the rocking would stop about that time once the ship got out of some channel and he was right. They were back in the room about 1:30 in the morning however I was fast asleep and on the mend.

November 19, 2012

I awoke and was much better. I kept taking the dramamine the entire rest of the cruise but my sea sickness was gone.

We were already docked in Nassau. There were several ships in port.

IMG_1786_zpsdc6bbe9a.jpg

IMG_1787_zps2935dd0a.jpg

We went up to Cabanas for breakfast but it was crowded. So, we went to Royal Palace which I much preferred anyway. They had really good eggs benedict there. I thought I took pictures but can't seem to find them. :confused3

My sea sickness had put a wrinkle in the day. Tom was adament that we were going to add on points to DVC on the cruise. He had booked a meeting with them the night before but I couldn't make it so it was rescheduled for this morning. And quite honestly, put a wrinkle in my plans for the day. :sad2:

I had planned to lounge by the pool and get ready for our 12:45 excursion to Adastra Gardens. However, his new meeting time was not going to make that work. I obliged him and went to the meeting he set up but we ended up not buying. I am holding out until GF DVC. Jeremy played some more of the detective game while we were there. The wave phones were nice as we could always be in touch with him.

After all that wasted time, we decided a little golf was in order on the top deck. I am going to let our golf outing and some beautiful pictures end this post. I am running out of time here at work.

IMG_1788_zpsb44c6cde.jpg

IMG_1789_zps18d84db3.jpg

IMG_1790_zpsd5a3c21e.jpg

IMG_1791_zpsaf577d27.jpg

IMG_1792_zps4de8e7e0.jpg

IMG_1793_zps84457537.jpg

IMG_1795_zpsa88fec9e.jpg

I was hoping there would be a lot of Christmas decorations up on the ship but there was just a little.

IMG_1795_zpsa88fec9e.jpg

IMG_1799_zpse9a1f064.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to get caught up others trips this 3-day weekend. Say a prayer for me---Jeremy is going to his first boy/girl dance tonight. Boy, where has the time gone!

Oh, and by the way, I booked airfaire and hotels for Thanksgiving at Disneyland!!! More info to come........

Up Next:

I can't believe I paid all this money for this!!!
Will we make it to the fireworks at sea?

I just realized that my Christmas picture is actually a duplicate from the prior picture. I didn't preview before I posted. Sorry! Will upload in next update.

Nice shots of the ship and of the view from it! :)

I would enjoy the shows. They should have a landlovers' cruise - just a day trip to Castaway Cay and then back to the port. ;) That I could do. :laughing:

Ugh - you poor thing. I seriously hope I do NOT get sea sick. It sounds absolutely horrible. But I will remember the ginger ale and green apple trick. :thumbsup2 I think I am going to get sea bands, although I have no idea if they work. The last time I was on a cruise (oh 20 years ago) I had no problem, but I spun like crazy when I got off.

Gorgeous pictures of Atlantis in the background. Bummer about the DVC meeting and missing your excursion. Is it really cheaper to add on points on the cruise? Not that I have any intention of doing so. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the update and Yeah for Disneyland! :cool1:

Ahh your golf pictures make me want to be somewhere tropical! We were in Nassau in 2006 (on a Norwegian cruise) for one day and it was so beautiful, the weather is just gorgeous there (or was on our one day at least!). I can almost feel the warm ocean breeze.

Good tip about the sea sickness, I wonder if that works for general nausea or car sickness too. I will keep it in mind because I tend to get car sick on long trips!

yay for the green apple! So glad that helped but very sorry you went to a DVC meeting instead of lounging by the pool.

That may be the raggediest (is that even a word?) towel animal I've ever seen. Maybe a seagull, or a bat???

Some serious foreshadowing with the excursion.....

Oh no, I hate you felt so bad. That is such a horrible feeling.
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I remember one particular morning, I felt sooooooo bad. :(
I am pretty sure nausea is the worst feeling there is!!

Wow, so sorry that you got sick, but that apple trick is great! So glad you were able to move around the next day.

Hope the dance went well.

Joining in! I'm enjoying your pictures so far :thumbsup2

Sorry about the rough beginning to your trip, Jeremy seems like such a sweet and cute kid.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your vacation!

:wave2: Hi Erika!

I'm sorry you were so seasick! I'm sure there's not much worse than that on a cruise!

Glad you were feeling better the next day. I hope you find some pool time!

OMG Ericka,

I can't even imagine... the seasickness...:scared: I am so sorry... that kind of feeling is the absolute worst... That head server sounds like a compassionate soul...

on the other hand, those are really nice photos of Jeremy golfing...:thumbsup2 I'm hoping you are heading for calm seas... (literally and figuratively)...

Nice shots of the ship and of the view from it! :)

I would enjoy the shows. They should have a landlovers' cruise - just a day trip to Castaway Cay and then back to the port. ;) That I could do. :laughing:

I could go to Castaway Cay for a day! Would be right there with you. It is so pretty and relaxing. We should do a cruise of disers. That would be fun. We had fun as family but a lot of dising friends would be LOADS of fun!

Ugh - you poor thing. I seriously hope I do NOT get sea sick. It sounds absolutely horrible. But I will remember the ginger ale and green apple trick. :thumbsup2 I think I am going to get sea bands, although I have no idea if they work. The last time I was on a cruise (oh 20 years ago) I had no problem, but I spun like crazy when I got off.

Gorgeous pictures of Atlantis in the background. Bummer about the DVC meeting and missing your excursion. Is it really cheaper to add on points on the cruise? Not that I have any intention of doing so. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the update and Yeah for Disneyland! :cool1:

No, it wasn't cheaper to add on points! It was Tom getting sucked in.....They had the same offer on land as they did on the ship.

I am going to do sea bands the next time. I just wasn't sure where you got them at. I waited until the last night and couldn't find them at Wal-Mart. You will have a great time in October. I am trying to figure one out for next year. Had thought of doing a 7 day but it will probably be a 4 day with the remainder at Disney World. I am having withdrawal this year. We are not going to WDW but DL.

Oh - and the seagull is definitely lacking! Oh MY! :rotfl2:

Yes, very lacking. We never had any really good animals the whole time.

Just joining in...I love hearing about the Disney cruises..hoping to convince DH to go on one someday! :)

I have to put in my 2 cents about the bullying situation. Words cannot describe how sorry I am for all of you having to go through such a thing. Everyone deserves respect and the school should have done more about it! No one, NO ONE, should ever have to feel that way. Good for you for taking it as far as you needed to until something was done. What a great example you set! I hope it never happens ever again!

Ugh, motion sickness...I deal with that on a near daily basis. My poor husband has to let me drive almost every where we go, or I feel sick, even a 5 minute trip down the road! I can't even sit on a swing at a park without feeling icky. Dramamine is my miracle drug, though! I can do anything with that and feel fine! Glad to hear your motion sickness went away!

Looking forward to the rest of your report! :)

Ahh your golf pictures make me want to be somewhere tropical! We were in Nassau in 2006 (on a Norwegian cruise) for one day and it was so beautiful, the weather is just gorgeous there (or was on our one day at least!). I can almost feel the warm ocean breeze.

Good tip about the sea sickness, I wonder if that works for general nausea or car sickness too. I will keep it in mind because I tend to get car sick on long trips!

After the winter and cold spring we had here in Ohio, I would love to be anywhere tropical right now! Not sure about car sickness. You will have to let me know if it works.

yay for the green apple! So glad that helped but very sorry you went to a DVC meeting instead of lounging by the pool.

That may be the raggediest (is that even a word?) towel animal I've ever seen. Maybe a seagull, or a bat???

Some serious foreshadowing with the excursion.....

Yes, I would have much preferred the pool. ::yes:: No clue on the towel animal. It was weak at best. Excursion was an experience in and of itself.

Oh no, I hate you felt so bad. That is such a horrible feeling.
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I remember one particular morning, I felt sooooooo bad. :(
I am pretty sure nausea is the worst feeling there is!!

Nausea is horrible! Was glad it got better but the dramamine made me feel out of sorts for several days after the cruise.

Wow, so sorry that you got sick, but that apple trick is great! So glad you were able to move around the next day.

Hope the dance went well.

It did for as much as it can for elementary age boys. He actually called us to come and get him early. :rotfl2:

Joining in! I'm enjoying your pictures so far :thumbsup2

Sorry about the rough beginning to your trip, Jeremy seems like such a sweet and cute kid.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your vacation!

Welcome! Glad to have you here. :) Hoping to get an update in later today or this weekend. It has been crazy hectic around here!

:wave2: Hi Erika!

I'm sorry you were so seasick! I'm sure there's not much worse than that on a cruise!

Glad you were feeling better the next day. I hope you find some pool time!

:wave2:Hi Amy! We did find some awesome pool time later in the trip!

OMG Ericka,

I can't even imagine... the seasickness...:scared: I am so sorry... that kind of feeling is the absolute worst... That head server sounds like a compassionate soul...

on the other hand, those are really nice photos of Jeremy golfing...:thumbsup2 I'm hoping you are heading for calm seas... (literally and figuratively)...

It was horrible! I will definitely know better the next time.

Yes, calm seas but unfortunately you have to go back through that rocky channel to get back to land. :crazy2: I was much better prepared on the way back! :thumbsup2

Just joining in...I love hearing about the Disney cruises..hoping to convince DH to go on one someday! :)

I have to put in my 2 cents about the bullying situation. Words cannot describe how sorry I am for all of you having to go through such a thing. Everyone deserves respect and the school should have done more about it! No one, NO ONE, should ever have to feel that way. Good for you for taking it as far as you needed to until something was done. What a great example you set! I hope it never happens ever again!

Ugh, motion sickness...I deal with that on a near daily basis. My poor husband has to let me drive almost every where we go, or I feel sick, even a 5 minute trip down the road! I can't even sit on a swing at a park without feeling icky. Dramamine is my miracle drug, though! I can do anything with that and feel fine! Glad to hear your motion sickness went away!

Looking forward to the rest of your report! :)

:wave2:Hi and Welcome! Glad to have you here. You most definitely need to do a Disney cruise sometime. It is such a fun experience.

Things are better at school now. It has been a rough year and I will be glad when it is over but it is better.

Hope to update soon!

Hello Everyone! Hope all of you are well and haven't abandoned me on this trip report! I do apologize for taking so long to get in an update. My favorite expression nowadays is crazy hectic as I think that is all we know!!!

I thought I would squeeze an update in today. If I haven't posted on any of your trip reports, please know I haven't forgotten. I am trying to catch up on them as well and I do apologize. :blush:

When I last left you, it was Monday, November 19th. The morning has been all screwed up thanks to a DVC meeting and we had basicly only played golf on the top deck. :confused3 We grabbed an early lunch at Flos. It is the ship's counterservice off from the pool area. I am not sure what we got. I think all I ever ate there was from the sandwich shop and I am sure the boys had chicken strips as they found them enjoyable.

Afterwards, we head down to one of the lounges (name is slipping my mind. :confused:) to meet up for our 12:00 tour. Now, when I booked this excursion, I was looking for a way to see Nassau, which we had never been to, without having to do it on my own. So, I booked the Adastra Gardens Tour. I tried to find the summary on the Disney Cruise website but it isn't there anymore. I think I can understand why!

One of the Disney cast members checked the group in and took us off the ship.

IMG_1800_zpsce4f4f1f.jpg

See the guy in the back with the Mickey paddle, this the last time we saw him. He handed us off to another guy (who was NOT a Disney employee). :confused3

He walks us through the market and out to the street and then leaves us. He never says a word and just walks away. We are all looking at each other like what do we do now. It was pure chaos on the street!

Finally, two vans race up and the guy reappears and tells us to get in. The seats are all covered in plastic wrap. We get in and there isn't enough room. Wish I had took a picture because he pulled down a slot on the side of the aisle seats and told the people standing to sit down. :rotfl2: You couldn't help but laugh. It was so not like Disney and everyone was just amazed.

First part of the excursion is a tour of the city and then we stopped at Adastra Gardens. The gardens are known for their marching flamingos. It is very small and no where took the amount of time we were given to see it. But, it did have some pretty animals.

IMG_1801_zps747c4257.jpg

IMG_1803_zpsc1a83939.jpg

IMG_1804_zpsa333d243.jpg

The flamingos were just roaming around.

IMG_1805_zpsb08980fc.jpg

IMG_1806_zps77810e80.jpg

IMG_1807_zps0c9ea428.jpg

IMG_1808_zpsd2dcee4b.jpg

IMG_1809_zps31fdc165.jpg

The flamingo show was quite comical to say the least. They basically marched (or ran fast) when the guy clapped his hand and herded them in.

IMG_1810_zps77652f82.jpg

And as you can see there was no rhyme or reason to their marching.

IMG_1811_zps26fcd974.jpg

The poor guy was losing the crowd (which was only our excursion group) fast.

So, he picked people out of the audience to be part of the show. Jeremy got picked and loved every minute of it.

IMG_1812_zpsfaecdaec.jpg

He is giving it the look "why are you getting so close..."

IMG_1813_zps9fdabb86.jpg

Oh no, now there are two of them!

IMG_1814_zpsaf7da727.jpg

(continued in next post)

And now there is a whole bunch of them!

IMG_1815_zps917596b3.jpg

And it was now time for the volunteer to be a flamingo!

IMG_1816_zps3f217a46.jpg

IMG_1817_zps760e3117.jpg

And one last march for the audience.

IMG_1818_zpsb75c4a28.jpg

After the show there was still plenty of time to kill. Tom went to get the free soda that came with our ticket and I find him talking to this guy and encouraging the bird to give me a kiss! :confused3

IMG_1819_zpsb1d9e795.jpg

The guy then hands the bird to me and gets Jeremy a hat and we have the following awesome picture!

IMG_1821_zps0a0298a8.jpg

While I enjoyed the gardens, it really did seem like a poor use of our funds. But, Jeremy did have fun with the flamingos and I really enjoyed holding the bird and that picture is priceless.

There was no problem getting everyone back on the bus. We had one more stop to make (I believe it was a fort) but when we got there, it was closed! :rolleyes2

Sorry, work duty is calling me away. :(

Up Next:

Will we ever make it back to the ship?
My favorite restaurant on the ship.
Will we survive pirate night?

Oh Erica what a drag! Actually none of the excursions anywhere are run by Disney. But Disney chooses who they use and mark up the prices for facilitating everything. Which does give you protection or weather cancellations and if the your runs late and it's thru Disney the ship won't leave without you.

I was not at all impressed with their offerings in Nasaau but I do have to agree those pictures are a riot. I do hope the evening is better seems a bit of a frustrating day so far.

Oh Erica - Sorry your tour was a bust.

Always scary to be left at the curb in Nassau.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter