• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Truly was the Nightmare at Thanksgiving Disney Trip!- update 4/5 pg 10

Oh, my, I was panicking along with you on the "great room search"!

I am really enjoying your report, as it includes two of the things on my bucket list: DVC and the Aqua Duck! My husband and I took a Disney cruise for our 20th anniversary and loved it so much, but we haven't gotten to do another one. My sister- and brother-in-law are on one at this very moment (for their 30th anniversary), and I can't wait to hear how they liked it. They have never been to DisneyWorld and (obviously) never took their kids. (I consider this neglect, bordering on abuse, and have told them so ;)

Anyway, so glad you all got through the "ickies" before the trip and are having a good time--I could just see Jeremy's joy on the Aqua Duck! And I'm totally with you on the crying thing...brings back memories of me standing watching the MK opening show with tears streaming out from under my sunglasses. You are so blessed to have a husband who loves Disney! Mine just tolerates it, but is very generous to bless my wishes to go. We are taking our granddaughter in March and I am BEYOND excited!pixiedust:

:welcome: So glad to have you here!

Totally agree. Pure out neglect to never take your kids! We drank the juice years ago and our Disney love has never stopped!

You have to try the aqua duck. It is no much fun. It really doesn't go very far out over the ship but to be that high up and get that amazing view is awesome! :thumbsup2 Really wish we had done a 4 day with an at sea day. I would have loved riding it with nothing but blue ocean to see.

How exciting to be taking your granddaughter! Hope you enjoy Flower & Garden Festival. It was a favorite of ours last year.

Thanks so much for sending me the message that you had started a new trip report!

I can't believe all the stress you had before you left. It's crazy that the school reacted that way. Especially in this day and age of zero tolerance and kindergartners getting suspended for bringing bubble guns to school. Here is a time when you need that and you don't get it. Good for you for fighting!

I am looking forward to hearing more about your cruise :-)

:welcome: So glad to see you here! Missed actually seeing you this last trip. :hug:

Things are better at school. We had our first parent-teacher conference tonight since the child had been moved. I avoided the principal at all cost as I really didn't want to talk to her. It still upsets me the way she handled the whole situation and is best for me to just not be around her.

The cruise was lots of fun. You must go on one soon. Not sure how you would have the time though will all the trips to Disney you take. :rolleyes1 Did I see another AKL in 5 days? :cool1::cool1:How fun and I am sooo jealous. We will not be heading to WDW this year but do have plans forming for DL at Thanksgiving and a cruise in 2014!

Oh Erica! I am sorry but that is so :rotfl2: I am dyslexic, especially with numbers and that is absolutely something I would do!

You poor thing though, with the boat rocking and everything. And I don't like the sound of the supposed cell phones in the safe situation at all. Yikes

Really great pic of Jeremy on the AD. Very impressive!

Oh Erica! I am sorry but that is so :rotfl2: I am dyslexic, especially with numbers and that is absolutely something I would do!

Me too! I am constantly flip-flopping numbers. Note to self: write down cabin number! :rotfl2:

So - your cell service is gone as soon as your leave the port? And you locked up your cells so you wouldn't lose them? But you lost them? Oh dear!

Love the pictures. Looking forward to more!

Oh boy, I don't think I could handle all that rocking! :sick: I hope you ended up getting some dramamine to help!

That picture of him in the aqueduct is PRICELESS!!!!!! LOVE IT! :goodvibes

You poor thing though, with the boat rocking and everything. And I don't like the sound of the supposed cell phones in the safe situation at all. Yikes

Really great pic of Jeremy on the AD. Very impressive!

I felt even worse after I started this report and realized that the room number was on the camera I was carrying the entire time! ::yes::

That boat was horrible! Update coming later today about my very unexciting first night. :sick:

Cell phone situation was a nightmare the entire time at WDW. More to come.....

Jeremy loved the aquaduck. It was never crowded on there except for the end of the Nassau day.

Me too! I am constantly flip-flopping numbers. Note to self: write down cabin number! :rotfl2:

So - your cell service is gone as soon as your leave the port? And you locked up your cells so you wouldn't lose them? But you lost them? Oh dear!

Love the pictures. Looking forward to more!

Yes, write it down!!!! I was frazzled after that whole ordeal. :crazy2:

Just one cell phone but it created a major pain with everything else that happened once we got off the ship. Our communication was limited between the two of us.

Update coming later today! Should get to our tour in Nassau!

Oh boy, I don't think I could handle all that rocking! :sick: I hope you ended up getting some dramamine to help!

That picture of him in the aqueduct is PRICELESS!!!!!! LOVE IT! :goodvibes

Yes, I did. I had it with me to begin with but didn't use the best judgement and thought I would be okay. There was ALOT of people getting sick. But, I found a magic cure!!!! More to come on that..........

I like that picture too! :)

:rotfl2: That is a funny lost room story! :rotfl2: But I'm sorry you weren't feeling good! I hope the boat settled down soon!

newbie following here. I am so sorry you had such a rough start to your vacation.

Anxious to hear about the cruise as DH and DD(14) want to take one in 2014. (we are doing WDW in October, so no cruise this year.) I would love to do a cruise, just want to make sure it is worth the money to do a Disney cruise.

I am so sorry about what both Jeremy and you and your DH went through. I am so glad we have a zero tolerance policy here at our schools and trust me, they MEAN it. You would think with all that has gone on in the past 16 years that both the principal, superintendent and school board would have taken a stronger stance. :confused3

So proud of you for standing up and taking it to court. After all, if you don't advocate for your child, who will?

:rotfl2: That is a funny lost room story! :rotfl2: But I'm sorry you weren't feeling good! I hope the boat settled down soon!

I was just glad to finally find it. I really was getting distraught. :worried:

Update soon on the rough water!

newbie following here. I am so sorry you had such a rough start to your vacation.

Anxious to hear about the cruise as DH and DD(14) want to take one in 2014. (we are doing WDW in October, so no cruise this year.) I would love to do a cruise, just want to make sure it is worth the money to do a Disney cruise.

I am so sorry about what both Jeremy and you and your DH went through. I am so glad we have a zero tolerance policy here at our schools and trust me, they MEAN it. You would think with all that has gone on in the past 16 years that both the principal, superintendent and school board would have taken a stronger stance. :confused3

So proud of you for standing up and taking it to court. After all, if you don't advocate for your child, who will?

Welcome! :) Glad you are here!

This was our first cruise. I am not sure I would ever be able to cruise any other line except for Disney. I loved the theming and all the magic that is onboard.

Thank you for your kind words. :) Things are better at school now. We have a new superintendent who started today actually. He is known for toughness and zero tolerance so I am hoping he makes some positive changes.

I see you are staying at Port Orleans from you signature. I have always wanted to stay there. It looks so pretty and peaceful.

Glad you joined the boards! I have made some great friends around here. It s a very good group of people.

I have never been on a ship but that is my biggest fear (being sick). At least your son looks like he is having fun!

Fun sail away party!

That one Aquaduck picture is a great representation of Disney cruise magic. ::yes::

Oh the room thing would so happen to me..... Yes I flip numbers too and never at a good time to do so, like there really ever is one. :confused3 :rotfl2:

The fact that you found out later you actually had a picture of the room number is just Murphy's law.

Oh yes I can probably safely say that I used to get all panicky too and forget even more.

Now if I feel like that is starting to happen, I just stop myself and take a step back so I can approach the issue again calmly. Usually helps and then I can think again.

Now if it is Disney vacation brain, I just have to start thinking again, to function. :rotfl2:

So sorry the boat was rocking and probably made you :sick:

I have never been on a ship but that is my biggest fear (being sick). At least your son looks like he is having fun!

He was having a blast!

The Aqua Duck pictures are awesome! I hope your next post has you feeling better!

I loved the aqua duck. So much fun!

Fun sail away party!

That one Aquaduck picture is a great representation of Disney cruise magic. ::yes::

::yes::Absolutely Disney Magic!!! Loved that duck! The party was cute and I had a blast at it.

Oh the room thing would so happen to me..... Yes I flip numbers too and never at a good time to do so, like there really ever is one. :confused3 :rotfl2:

The fact that you found out later you actually had a picture of the room number is just Murphy's law.

Oh yes I can probably safely say that I used to get all panicky too and forget even more.

Now if I feel like that is starting to happen, I just stop myself and take a step back so I can approach the issue again calmly. Usually helps and then I can think again.

Now if it is Disney vacation brain, I just have to start thinking again, to function. :rotfl2:

So sorry the boat was rocking and probably made you :sick:

The funny thing is, I am usually the calm one. Tom gets more panicky than me! I was just totally out of my element! That boat was confusing and took me a while to figure out. :confused3

I was definitely out of my WDW element!

I am behind yet again! :confused3 I have three major projects I am working on here at the office plus a snowy weekend full of sledding and fun has put me behind. Hope to update later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, anyone want to guess where I booked airfaire to today?

Oh my gosh... I transpose numbers all the time... I totally empathize with you...;)

Oh wow... do they normally give out free dramamine or was that an indication that you were just going to be hitting extra rough water... ie... is that a common thing?

Jeremy's face on the aqua duck is absolutely priceless. :goodvibes

I had to giggle at the room story too. That is 100% something I would do. I am horrible at direction so feel your pain! And at least you didn't barge into the wrong room or something! :rotfl:

I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience before your trip. I have been reading you TR and I can't wait to see how it continues!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter