It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

Whoops just saw the Wave update - love the personal touches except when you're visiting for the first time and get a welcome back card! LOL!

Breakfast looks decent, I've been there before but it just doesn't seem like a must do. Add some characters and I would be all over it though for the change up of food for me, plus characters for the girls! (not to mention parking at contemporary :-D)

OMG guys, I have been trying to do this update since Sunday! Stupid photobucket would NOT cooperate with me. It was like, "sure, you can download some pictures. PSYCH!"
I hate that kind of stuff. So annoying!

I was hoping to get our March trip finished before we leave next Thursday for our May trip but don't think that's happening.....
Eh, we will be here...waiting.... :)

just rode ToT 3x and walked through some shops.
Sounds like my kind of morning!

Which is adorable and I love it and I have it in my "Disney" box, but um, this was our first time eating here :ssst:
Yes, I was very confused when I saw the photo you posted....

Yes boys and girls, the Wave has bottomless Mimosas!!!
Wahoo!

I took these pictures towards the end of our meal because breakfast was almost over and nobody was in my way:
OMG, that all looks amazing! Girls' trip...just saying...

Our server also must have been filling up my glass every time he walked by, because whenever I came back from the buffet, bathroom, taking pictures, getting salt, whatever, my mimosa was magically filled to the brim..................
Cha-ching...extra tips for said server!

I may have been a little loud, which is what usually happens after I have some adult beverages :P Doesn't normally happen before noon but, well, sometimes................
You are totally my sister from another mister...this is me to a T.

Nice update!

Last edited:
I need a bottomless mimosa in my life! I feel like I need an adults only trip so I can enjoy things like this more. I've been reading so many great breakfast reviews for the Wave lately. Everything you had looked great and omg that parfait sounded amazing! I didn't know they made ones like that.

Back to dining, it was our third day and the day before we went home. After booking and cancelling a few times on previous trips we were finally going to eat breakfast at the Wave. I HAD to, because in the months leading up to this trip I read like 5 or 6 dining reports raving about their breakfast and I do love me some breakfast. Steve not as much: I'm ready to eat the minute I wake up while Steve waits a few hours, if he eats breakfast at all.
I had read nothing but good things about the Wave breakfast and tried my hardest to talk my husband into eating breakfast here last December. We were staying at the Grand Floridian and he wanted a nice breakfast. We had eaten at the GF cafe before and service was slow. But he didn't want to go to the Wave, so off to the Grand Cafe we went. Yes it was slow and his pancakes were rocks. He told me that he should have listened to me and we should have gone to the Wave. ;)

Your breakfast looks really delicious. ::yes::

My next plate: Cheesy grits, Mickey, and another glorious yogurt parfait:
That is the saddest looking Mickey waffle I ever saw, but the parfaits look delicious. :)

That just means at some point we'll have to meet up in Disney for dessert, and of course the requisite :drinking1 Really though sometimes there is a dessert on a menu that doesn't have chocolate or PB, I want to try it, but I'm afraid I'll be craving one of the other 2 afterwards so I forgo it for what I know will satisfy me. Sad and strange that so much thought goes into my desserts, right??
I think that plan sounds perfect! :thumbsup2 And no, it's not sad nor strange about all the thought that goes into your desserts, I'm the same way!!! :laughing:

That's really the main reason we saw it, because I love to see anything new whether I'm excited about it or not. So now I can say I've seen it; if we didn't, I'd just keep wondering about it.....
Yes, I imagine this will probably be my take-away from this experience, too. It is really exciting when you can experience something new at Disney :goodvibes

Which is adorable and I love it and I have it in my "Disney" box, but um, this was our first time eating here
:rotfl:

I spent the wee hours of that morning like this :crazy2::crazy2:
Oh, no :sad1: You never want that experience at home, let alone at Disney :sad2:

Yes boys and girls, the Wave has bottomless Mimosas!!!
Where do I sign up!? :drinking1

Our server also must have been filling up my glass every time he walked by, because whenever I came back from the buffet, bathroom, taking pictures, getting salt, whatever, my mimosa was magically filled to the brim.................
Disney magic! :thumbsup2

And I'd never seen this in person, and now I have!
I've seen pictures of this for years, and finally saw it for myself in 2015 :goodvibes Great shot of you! :thumbsup2

Which is adorable and I love it and I have it in my "Disney" box, but um, this was our first time eating here :ssst: I believe I know where the confusion lies, though. Back in 2015 we were booked here for Thanksgiving brunch. As a few of you know, I spent the wee hours of that morning like this :crazy2::crazy2: and ended up spending the day in bed with a horrendous stomach virus, except for a quick venture out to Beaches and Cream and an attempt to eat a little something which failed. Steve technically did not cancel our Wave ADR because he's a man, I could barely speak or move a finger let alone make a phone call, yet we were never charged the no show fee. So I guess they have us as being there before. Who knows, maybe some family of 4 was hanging around hoping to get in, found out we didn't show up and pretended to be us for the day :P Whatever the reasoning it was nice to feel welcome.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: They must have known what you went through and knew you visited in spirit that day. Or at least Steve did :-)

Yes boys and girls, the Wave has bottomless Mimosas!!! Whoo, and the heavens opened up!!! This one was much better than the one I had at LTT becase it was minus any pulp.
I'm so kicking myself for missing this on our trip there. I had know idea it existed cause you know I wouldn't have missed anything that started with bottom and ended with osa!!!!!

He liked it all too, and that's all you're getting from him.
You sure are right, Steve definitely isn't a breakfast guy. That is a pretty sad little plate right there.

It's like dessert at breakfast! Now I know some of YA'LL will razz me for this but I did NOT like the grits at all. I'm just not a grits person. I'm from the north. I had never even seen grits until my mom moved to Ga. in the early 90's and my tastebuds had already developed, so don't "tsk, tsk" me!! No on the grits.
Raz, raz, raz and tsk tsk tsk. From one "good" Italian girl to another its really just southern polenta! Random aside I didn't eat them too much as a kid either (but got plenty of plenty) but have vivid memories of road trips through the south and when we'd stop at a waffle house I was all over them grits.

We were stopping back at the WL briefly so the boat was our best mode of transport; this worked out well because we'd never walked the grounds of the Contemporary so we did:

I had to do a double take at the photo and see if you were sitting or if you're loud self just fell over there :P

Wave breakfast has been on my radar for a while since there are so many fabulous reviews on the board as well. I might just need to make it to solo one of the mornings during our summer trip. DS is not a huge breakfast person although he does eat breakfast and he needs a few hours to feel hungry just like Steve. I am so ready to eat as soon as I wake up just like you. I didn't know that they have bottomless mimosa. :drinking1More reason to go there now! :rolleyes1 Thank you for the review.

I have been trying to pin down a place to have breakfast on my upcoming trip and you just convinced me to do the The Wave. The buffet looks really good and I would never (EVER) turn down unlimited mimosas. NEVER! :rolleyes:

Hi Ariane! I'm glad you liked breakfast at The Wave. I honestly don't think this restaurant gets enough credit...I have dined here for breakfast and dinner and have found everything from service to food to be top notch. I also think grits are yucky. Sorry...My husband, on the other hand, LOVES them. Maybe I will change my Olivia's breakfast to The Wave in July...

First off ToT 3 x :thumbsup2
Ok why did I not know about the bottomless Mimosa's :drinking1
We finally had dinner at the Wave in March and it was very good not as good a Citricos ;)
The breakfast looks yummy lots of choices. So I'm at work looking at your pics and my coworker passes by and stops dead in her tracks to say what's that. It was the glorious looking yogurt parfait ::yes::
Love your pics outside the CR.

the Wave has bottomless Mimosas

Whaaaatttt????

I did not know this. This is very interesting information. Hmm...

The Wave is the one restaurant I hear consistently good reviews of. It's going to have to happen for me soon! I'm going to see if I can fit it in somewhere in October.

The chocolate chip pastry thing on the bottom right is my favorite Disney breakfast pastry.

we'd never walked the grounds of the Contemporary

I didn't realize this! I love wandering around the Contemporary. I think May's trip is the only trip I haven't visited there, and that was only because of bus roulette that led me somewhere else instead. I'm glad you got to see the Mickey ears, they're one of my favorite resort things!

Glad you didn't have to get seated too early for the show and still ended up with good seats - i haven't read too many reviews just because I want to see the show for myself and make my own decisions on it.
This is what I'm doing with Happily Ever After. I haven't watched any videos; I read a couple reviews, all positive, but then I stppped because I really want to be surprised on FRIDAY when I see it in person :goodvibes But yes, at least with the dining package we did fine getting there not too early. Now if we'd had the boys we'd still have had enough room but they would have been squished in there tight, so if we do end up going to watch it with them I'd definitely go earlier.

Whoops just saw the Wave update - love the personal touches except when you're visiting for the first time and get a welcome back card! LOL!
I know :laughing: It's the thought that counts!

Breakfast looks decent, I've been there before but it just doesn't seem like a must do.
I don't think I'd classify it as a "must do" - maybe for adults only. And maybe if you have older kids and are staying at the CR. It was definitely worth the trip over there and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but I'd be more inclined to go again with just Steve than when we have the boys. Not that they wouldn't like it, but because they both have other places they like and while the food was delicious I don't think there's anything else there that would "wow" them or impress them.

OMG, that all looks amazing! Girls' trip...just saying...
We're going to need a 2 week girls' trip to do everything we want to do :rotfl2:

I need a bottomless mimosa in my life! I feel like I need an adults only trip so I can enjoy things like this more.
Bottomless Mimosas definitely work better on adults only trips!! I enjoy our trips with the boys and am looking forward to our next one, but adults only trips are so very different and so very cool :thumbsup2

I've been reading so many great breakfast reviews for the Wave lately. Everything you had looked great and omg that parfait sounded amazing! I didn't know they made ones like that.
I had no idea until I saw the parfaits in someone's dining report not long ago and I haven't seen the same parfaits anywhere else there, but those alone make it worth the trip!

I had read nothing but good things about the Wave breakfast and tried my hardest to talk my husband into eating breakfast here last December. We were staying at the Grand Floridian and he wanted a nice breakfast. We had eaten at the GF cafe before and service was slow. But he didn't want to go to the Wave, so off to the Grand Cafe we went. Yes it was slow and his pancakes were rocks. He told me that he should have listened to me and we should have gone to the Wave. ;)
They just never learn to listen to us :laughing: Steve is like that with a couple places that we've eaten once and he didn't particularly like and therefore doesn't want to go back, even though I'd like to.

Your breakfast looks really delicious. ::yes::
It really was :) I hope next time you and DH get to try it!

Yes, I imagine this will probably be my take-away from this experience, too. It is really exciting when you can experience something new at Disney :goodvibes
There is very little they roll out that I don't want to try, with the exception of some of the paid extras. I just like to be able to say I've done it all!

I've seen pictures of this for years, and finally saw it for myself in 2015 :goodvibes Great shot of you! :thumbsup2
:thanks:

They must have known what you went through and knew you visited in spirit that day. Or at least Steve did :-)
Maybe the housekeeper that insisted on coming in to the room to call her supervisor to tell her we didn't want the room cleaned right then b/c I was vomiting all over it and could she come back later like we were requesting? called the Wave and told them how horrendous I looked and they took pity on us :rotfl2::sad2: Great stay man, great stay.

I'm so kicking myself for missing this on our trip there. I had know idea it existed cause you know I wouldn't have missed anything that started with bottom and ended with osa!!!!!
It's like a kick in MY a## to hear that you didn't know about this. What is WRONG with the world??

I had to do a double take at the photo and see if you were sitting or if you're loud self just fell over there :P
:rotfl: I was holding myself up just fine but while out there we met a "couple" who were very close. We thought it was cute because they were like my moms age. They started a conversation with us; turns out they were brother and sister :crazy2::crazy2: As we walked away I did say a few choice things out loud to Steve and he did have to tell me to keep my voice down :cool1:

Wave breakfast has been on my radar for a while since there are so many fabulous reviews on the board as well. I might just need to make it to solo one of the mornings during our summer trip. DS is not a huge breakfast person although he does eat breakfast and he needs a few hours to feel hungry just like Steve
You could always make it a later breakfast like we did! Hang in the room a couple hours before going, or hit a park for a little while and then head over. Of course you'll be starving lol but at least DS will be ready to eat!

I am so ready to eat as soon as I wake up just like you.
Right?? I can jump out of bed, go down to the kitchen, plop myself down and eat :thumbsup2

I have been trying to pin down a place to have breakfast on my upcoming trip and you just convinced me to do the The Wave. The buffet looks really good and I would never (EVER) turn down unlimited mimosas. NEVER! :rolleyes:
Ooh I hope you do eat there and I hope you enjoy it! Looks like I'm missing you by just a little bit :) So cool you're going solo, one day I may get up the nerve to try that!
If you do go, have a Mimosa refill for me lol.

Hi Ariane! I'm glad you liked breakfast at The Wave. I honestly don't think this restaurant gets enough credit...I have dined here for breakfast and dinner and have found everything from service to food to be top notch.
I agree with you. With maybe one exception, all the reviews I've read of their breakfast and dinner are positive. We haven't tried dinner but I wouldn't rule it out!

I also think grits are yucky. Sorry...My husband, on the other hand, LOVES them
LOL, my mom loves them and I make fun of her if she eats them in front of me.

First off ToT 3 x :thumbsup2
::yes:: :banana:

Ok why did I not know about the bottomless Mimosa's :drinking1
I think it's not well known at all since you aren't the first one to say that! And I didn't know until I read another dining report; I guess now the secret is out though!

The breakfast looks yummy lots of choices. So I'm at work looking at your pics and my coworker passes by and stops dead in her tracks to say what's that. It was the glorious looking yogurt parfait ::yes::
Funny!! I was so surprised at how delicious that was. But really, put bananas, caramel and of course white chocolate chips with vanilla yogurt and BAM! How could it not be beautiful :love:

Whaaaatttt????

I did not know this. This is very interesting information. Hmm...

The Wave is the one restaurant I hear consistently good reviews of. It's going to have to happen for me soon! I'm going to see if I can fit it in somewhere in October.
They've been hiding it from all of us!

Yes, I think it's a perfect place for you and mom in Oct. :goodvibes Tell me if you add it!

I didn't realize this! I love wandering around the Contemporary. I think May's trip is the only trip I haven't visited there, and that was only because of bus roulette that led me somewhere else instead.
I need to read your latest update but now I want to know where your bus roulette led you................

Yes, I think it's a perfect place for you and mom in Oct. :goodvibes Tell me if you add it!

I added a Wave dinner, and am considering a breakfast because of those mimosas. Right now departure day breakfast is between Kona, Wave, and Ohana. (the biggest stress for me right now is where to fit in Happily Ever After around all the Halloween parties!! I cried through the videos I watched of it and HAVE to see it asap in person!! I sure hope you have it in the plans for next week!!)

I need to read your latest update but now I want to know where your bus roulette led you................

:sad2: bus roulette sounds fun but when I get to that story, it's the evening before departure day, it's a crazy one!

I added a Wave dinner, and am considering a breakfast because of those mimosas. Right now departure day breakfast is between Kona, Wave, and Ohana.
:thumbsup2 Having done all three of them I know what I'd choose! If your mom will like the characters then go with 'Ohana, but the Wave has so many more choices on their buffet. Did you see that Kona changed their breakfast menu? Not that it's bad now or anything.

(the biggest stress for me right now is where to fit in Happily Ever After around all the Halloween parties!! I cried through the videos I watched of it and HAVE to see it asap in person!! I sure hope you have it in the plans for next week!!)
Oh that's right :scratchin That's a pain at that time of year. And YEAH we're going to sea HEA! Planning on Friday night!!

AAHH!! Even closer now! I'm so excited for you :daisy:
Thanks! Yours is right around the corner!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!! :flower3:
Thank you :hug:

Hi, Ariane! I know I've read your DR's before but I cannot remember if I ever commented..I always enjoy reading them & your pictures are all great!

So I am Waaay late to this party but I just moved near WDW (25 minute drive!) & I have been busy with that & enjoying my new home! I am so excited to finally be living here b/c I have been wanting to move back ever since my CP Waay back in 2003!

I like your trip planning style, it's more like mine because I would pop into HS then hop over somewhere else to eat/relax & end the day in another park (mostly Epcot since that seems to be my homing beacon, lol!). So my trips to WDW used to be 3 nights long when I lived in S FL & I would almost always spend time in all 4 or at least 3/4 parks during that time with plenty of resort rests in between since I do enjoy resort lounges, trying food & drink I never have before & appreciate the details when I explore different resorts.

That's awesome that you & your DH will be visiting during F&G twice this year. I usually always booked my trips 1st week in March & then in May also b/c I really enjoy the park during this festival. And I've really been enjoying it since I've moved here also of course. :)

Things I've recently added to my list that I haven't been before are: Tiffins (I really hope they will still have the Taste of Tiffins option for lunch since that is what I want to try), LTT for lunch & breakfast at The Wave which looks Amazing from your photos! And I just recently found out from reading another DR that the Mimosas are endless so that just seals the deal!

WL is also one of my favorite resorts to hang out at for my breaks but I've never stayed there. I just went to check out GP last week & I really enjoyed being there but was disappointed in the cheesy brisket app I ordered which I was looking forward to trying. Maybe I was there at an off time but mine was barely warm & obviously had been sitting around for a while & the meat reminded me too much of canned hash which I was not expecting. But I did like the Whipper Snapper Sour drink I had & I will be there again to try more things that I'm sure I will really enjoy.

Tiffins looks awesome. I can't wait to be able to try some of the signatures one day. I feel the same way about ROL. It was nice but somewhat underwhelming for us. My kids liked the Tree of Life Awakening just as much and they showed that every 10-15 minutes :laughing:. The Wave seems like a Disney hidden gem and the breakfast looks delicious :thumbsup2.

Breakfast looks good too! And bottomless mimosas? :thumbsup2 I made them for Mother's Day breakfast, for myself and my soon to be MIL. My fiance went to try mine, sniffed, and goes, it smells like wine :confused3 I don't get wine smell lol. After that, I was not surprised when he took a sip and didn't like it.

So many places, so little stomach room... this is such a convenient location for us in September ;) how could we not go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter