-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

So awesome! I would like to visit that someday!! And those FP reminders are cute! We have used MaxPass the last few trips, but I might have to get a couple of those for the cute souvenir option...

What an awesome photo of you in Walt's Apartment! Such a great opportunity to go up there again!

Thank you! It really was awesome getting to go inside it again and explore more than I did before. Lowkey should just live up there lol

So awesome! I would like to visit that someday!! And those FP reminders are cute! We have used MaxPass the last few trips, but I might have to get a couple of those for the cute souvenir option...

You should! I know there are plenty of tour options that go into the apartment and I highly recommend. Such a unique part of Disney history. And YES, you should! Even with MaxPass, you can still go and get actual FPs from rides if you so pleased or you can get a paper FP that declines you lol That's a cool souvenir haha

That Troublemaker, Pluto
7/18/18: Walt's Apartment Part Deux & More

When I had entered back into Town Square, I noticed it was about time for the first Pixar Play Parade. Normally this was about the time all the characters that normally meet on Main Street were either walking around or meeting at the front of the park. I decided to go check to see if there was anyone out there to meet. I had a feeling today was gonna be a no Hall day for me just because of how many characters I had visited on the previous few days, the day off was needed. However, when I got out front, I saw that Snow was hanging around there and OF COURSE, I would go say hi to her.

She was so happy to see me and we talked about my day a little. I didn't have much to talk about like normally, but we still had fun and we got a cute little kissing boomerang.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Then I asked if I could take some photos of just her which she was more than happy to let me do, bless this angel's heart.

Then I felt two warm furry hands... maybe paws... on my shoulders. Obviously Snow found this amusing.

Then I heard a kiss and a lick and a little orange blur run off out of the corner of my eye. Apparently the ghost of Pluto was haunting me now. The reasons why I have to see him at least once a day.

But back to Snow's glamour shoot.

I gave this lovely little sunshine one last hug goodbye and knowing my Incredicoaster FP was coming up, I headed on back to DCA for a quick ride around the Pier with the Parr family.

And with that, I went back on over to Disneyland. As I entered the park and almost went inside, I saw Pluto sneak on out so I immediately popped into line. I also realized it was about time for the Play Parade so this would help postpone and avoid the crowds. Always a positive.

When I got in line, Pluto immediately noticed me and ran up to me and made gestures behind me to say he was cutting off the line. No host had come out to assist him so he was taking care of it, granted I knew it wouldn't last. I tried to let people know that Pluto might be leaving after me, but they kept on filing in. Ugh, well whatever. I still was greeted with the most excited and biggest longest hug. I miss them so.

I didn't get pics of the initial hug since Pluto was so aggressive from the get-go but the lady behind me in line was more than happy to help me with photos so after we decided on a spot, we got some cute new spot photos with moi and the puppy prince.

I think my favorite is the one with little princess with her autograph book opened trying to get Pluto's attention in the middle of our love fest. We were doing our thing for awhile and while those in front of her were fine with me taking my time, this girl was not. I mean, Pluto might leave. Unfortunately, the host told him he couldn't after I came up so it wasn't to be me being the last for Pluto. Sadness. But we still cute and we have fun always.

I broke the embrace, blew him a kiss and sadly drifted off.

My energy level was low today so I decided rather than wait in line for characters or rides, I'd just do my own thing and walk around taking photos around the parks until I found something to do. I began by making my way through Fantasyland.

Now, it was time to cross UNDER the bridge into the land of toons!

Continue Here

Last edited:

Out of hiding and all caught up!! Congrats on your PI for your PI (that's a mouthful)!! Hope everything works out the way you want it to!!

You got to go into Walt's apartment?! TWICE!? So so amazing, and I am so jealous!!

Out of hiding and all caught up!! Congrats on your PI for your PI (that's a mouthful)!! Hope everything works out the way you want it to!!

Hello, welcome back! And thank you! Still waiting on hearing back so fingers crossed it happens soon.

You got to go into Walt's apartment?! TWICE!? So so amazing, and I am so jealous!!

Indeed. I'm still shocked by it all. What really was my life out there? I need to go back yesterday lol

I am SO super late to the party, but wanted to say hello and that you have a new reader :) I just finished reading my way through your report so far, and it’s giving me major regret that I never did the CP when I was in college. I had friends that did, and loved it though! How fun that they do a summer alumni session too! Anyway, I’ve really enjoyed seeing your perspective and reading about all the stuff you got to do. My favorite for sure was the three princess meet with the other princesses hugging Snow White. I would’ve been in tears! I practical was from your pics and videos. Lol! Also your visits to Walt’s apartment? How awesome!

It sounds like you might be back working at Disneyland this summer? It so, I’ll be there in August so maybe I will see you! Looking forward to reading more!

I am SO super late to the party, but wanted to say hello and that you have a new reader :) I just finished reading my way through your report so far, and it’s giving me major regret that I never did the CP when I was in college. I had friends that did, and loved it though! How fun that they do a summer alumni session too! Anyway, I’ve really enjoyed seeing your perspective and reading about all the stuff you got to do. My favorite for sure was the three princess meet with the other princesses hugging Snow White. I would’ve been in tears! I practical was from your pics and videos. Lol! Also your visits to Walt’s apartment? How awesome!

Hello :welcome: Glad you could join in and happy to hear you are enjoying it! I was so in tears watching that whole scene unfold with the three princesses, especially seeing how emotional they were about it. Truly an emotionally magical place that Disneyland. Plenty more stories like that to come. (You have been warned.)

It sounds like you might be back working at Disneyland this summer? It so, I’ll be there in August so maybe I will see you! Looking forward to reading more!

It's still up in there. Florida's looking more probable, but fingers are still crossed. We shall just wait and see. :goodvibes

~Happy Easter Everyone!~

giphy.gif

Love me a good reason to wear pastels. :)

I thought since my next few updates are very photo heavy I'd try to get through them so here's one long massive update of photos. Enjoy!

The Photographic Tour of Disneyland Continues
Part I

Welcome to Mickey's Toontown through the eyes of Timmy's DSLR lens!

Balloons are just so fun to photograph at varied angles and positions, leave me alone lol

I finished my full circle tour and went back into Fantasyland.

Now some quality time with little pinky herself.

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Photographic Tour of Disneyland Continues
Part II

And back to Main Street USA in all its classic glory.

Out onto the esplanade to head over to DCA (for the typical Timmy reasons)...

Hello home park!

Off to the Pier to scout out some Paint seats!

Peep Princess Dot. <3

Now I popped a squat in my favorite area to wait for my favorite, my bae, Paint The Night!

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Photographic Tour of Nighttime Spectaculars
Part I

For tonight's Paint, I did something a bit different and took photos on my phone rather than with my DSLR. They aren't the best but they got some better focused moments with the low lighting. Don't worry I won't bombard you with too too much but it's interesting to see the difference between these and the DSLR pics.

Before I could worry too much about that, I managed to see a Photopass with the Paint sign so I got them over to me and took my one individual photo with the sign commemorating my fave parade. Read: the BEST parade EVER.

Oh. Apparently I did get my popcorn tonight. Whaddyaknow?

Anyways, back to Paint.

Let's kick it off with those beautiful opening notes...

Click to watch!

Now some iPhone photography!

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Photographic Tour of Nighttime Spectaculars
Part II

After Paint ended, I booked it on back over to Disneyland where instead of sneaking off through the Main Street backway I actually stuck around to watch Together Forever. I got pretty far up Main Street for someone who showed up late to the fireworks. Bless being a party of one.

I decided to get creative and kinda artsy with the photography on this night. It was very much a photog evening for moi.

I also took out my DSLR at one point and played around with that. The photos weren't that great but caught some interesting color action. I still really need to work on fireworks photos though.

Oh and here's a vid I took too:

Click to watch!

Coco will always be the best part of the show tbh

And Together Forever was not forever anymore... I guess that makes sense? Well, you know what I mean. It ended and it was off into the night at Disneyland. Where should I play at this evening?

Continue Here

Last edited:
Our Photographic Journey Comes To An End

Following the fireworks, I maneuvered my way through the crowd and the maze that was the hub and Main Street USA to head over to New Orleans Square where it was even more of a maze as people queued up for the last Fantasmic. I wasn't interested in that on this evening, I wanted to go ride the beautiful, stunning, amazing, never to be outdone, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!

The wait as expected was pretty down due to everyone waiting for Fant, however the ride is long enough as is the lower wait times that I didn't have to deal with Fant madness when I got out. Oh happy day!

Once I got off, I did some exploring of all the NOS shops and areas. It is such a pretty land.

One day!

I then decided to leave and head into Adventureland, see what piqued my fancy over there.

I went into the shop and found Lindsey working tonight so I went to bother her for a moment!

Click to watch!

Deeper into Adventureland I went...

And eventually I decided to hop into line to get myself a Dole Whip. I mean, what better time to have a Dole Whip than at night?

And what better place to enjoy it immediately after but the Tiki Room?

When I was last in Florida, they didn't allow this so I took full advantage of the fact Disneyland has always allowed Dole Whips in their Tiki Room to bring my in and enjoy it directly underneath the birdies... ok maybe that was a bad idea. Still, dinner with a show? Can't go wrong!

Click to watch!

After the show, I found myself back in the Hub where I took some photos then took a moment to relax in the seating area at Jolly Holiday.

Then I took some photos around the Hub and into the nearby lands!

I also headed into Fantasyland. Can't remember if I rode any rides but I mostly stayed in the Castle Courtyard area so I think I just took some nighttime photos then went back out to Main Street and left the park.

I took my time walking out. I decided to continue my food splurge that I was having on this day and went into the Candy Palace on Main Street and bought myself a Rice Krispie Mickey.

I munched on that as I skipped out...

...And also stopping by to see my faves pop out of the white gate...

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

And thus ended another lovely day in the happiest kingdom of them all! Not much to say about it but a laidback day was necessary today and I'd be thanking myself for it in the days following. For now, even on a slow day at Disneyland, it was once again time to rest. More mischief to be managed tomorrow!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Happy Avengers: Endgame day!

giphy.gif

Going to see it tonight at 8pm EST! So hype! I'm ready to be emotionally ruined for the next few months lol Anyone else got their tickets for today or this weekend?

If you do or don't, I feel this next chapter and day fits quite well with what's to come of Endgame...

The Eponymous Chapter
Part I

7/19/18: Loki & I Are Working On A Musical...

eponymous [uh-PON-uh-muhs], adjective: giving one's name to a tribe, place, etc.

Essentially this chapter fits right in with the title of the day because it was exactly how the day began.

Was it planned? Did I think I'd be working with a Norse god on a musical? Did I think that would be the defining aspect of the day? What was the musical on? Is he actually still alive to write it while I produce and direct it? So many many questions that will all be answered in due time... maybe.

Anyways, after a more laidback day, I was feeling back to doing my usual thing. I did consider doing the unthinkable by staying in on this day but forego'd it because HOW COULD I NOT?

So I went!

Only, I started it off unusually once again.

Instead of going into either park, I headed to DTD. I went to Starbs to get myself a nice Mango Dragonfruit refresher. It was kinda my go-to at the moment and as of late, they weren't getting the berries that they usually have that make it pink. It doesn't change the taste but I wanted to see if anything had changed. Unfortunately, they didn't but that was totally ok and the girl working there really liked my shirt and we ended just living for each other for a moment. It was great. Blessed way to start off my day.

Along with this...

And I walked with that in hand right on into DCA. We love an unconventional day!

giphy.gif

Obviously I was on the lookout for Loki. Rumor had it that he was heading off to Asgard for an extended return to his "home" so I wanted to catch him as much as I could before then. Loki had no set times though so... would I catch him?

Nope, not around. Tragic. I'd check again later. I decided to past the time I'd go see what was going on over at Pixar Pier.

But first, I see a Mickey walking into LA for the first time!

Click to watch!

Much cuter look than what I came upon at the Pier. Particularly the Incredicoaster...

Click to watch!

Indeed I was dealing with a crowded park on this day. So no Incredicoaster, but look at this beauty!

Click to BOOMERANG!

And this beauty!

Was so so ready at the time for this sweet spot to open!

Click to watch!

But again, it wasn't open so after battling the crowds and maybe grabbing a slush outside the Swings, I popped back on over to the Marvel area by the back way, stopping for a moment to watch the Guardians dance off!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I didn't stay for the whole show. I snuck out and headed over to Marvel town and immediately came upon my fave snarky Frost Elf turned god of mischief.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I followed him around for quite a bit, mob in tow until he finally took a moment to stop for everyone at his old M&G spot. At this point, I was at the front of the pack and he immediately took notice of me so beckoned me to talk. He was very glad to see me. I don't know what we talked about that led up to us talking about musicals, but I think it was something along the lines of watching the Dance Off or I brought up an old convo with Black Panther and the Dora Milaje about musicals. I don't know but Loki suggested that he thought his play Loki: Tales of Asgard would do well with a musical re-imagining and he immediately got me on board as director. We tried to think of other people to fill the other production roles but couldn't think of who so we decided to take a photo.

He had me pose like a warrior in his army.

After I asked if I could take photos of him with the DSLR as his headshot for the Broadway debut and he was not one to turn down a photoshoot, no dangling the promise of a Broadway musical needed here. Narcissism, comes in handy sometimes.

I said goodbye, but that I'd come back to see him to work more on the musical adaptation.

Sadly, that was not to be as about a week plus later Loki was cut from Hollywood along with Gamora, Thor and Black Widow. No musical adaptation of Loki: Tales of Asgard. Who knows though? Maybe he'll invite me up to Asgard and we'll work on it there, considering Thanos didn't actually kill him. We pray.

Anyways, my Loki business venture in place, I decided I wasn't gonna stick around DCA and go to Disneyland. See if the crowds had died a bit over on that end.

The Pixar Play Parade was going on which meant the Hall would be pretty dead. I snuck around the crowds and went directly there.

Click to watch!

Continue Here

The Eponymous Chapter
Part II

7/19/18: Loki & I Are Working On A Musical...

The Hall's line was very low so I immediately hopped in line. I don't believe there was a mystery princess so I was guaranteed the regular three. First up was Snow White!

She was happy to see me, per usual and asked about my day. I told her I was just with Loki and the other heroes talking about writing a musical for him. She latched onto the hero idea though because she told me that everyone tells her that her superpower is pie-baking. I giggled at how adorable that was. She asked me what my superpower would be and it went into this whole thing that involved the host and everything. It was hilarious and so fun. There was no host in the room with us initially so we didn't get any photos of it until we posed for a few.

Giddy and laughing over what just happened, I walked right in on Ariel waiting patiently to see me. She asked me the same questions and I told her about Loki and the musical. She then told me she might have some dance moves for him and wanted to show me. And... well...

IT HAPPENED AGAIN! Except we actually WALTZED and Ariel LED ME. It was wild. Stepped on her toes a few times because I'm used to leading but she took charge. The merms really is that strong-willed. However I took charge to get us to do it again for some photos hence the photos. I wasn't gonna have this moment left UNDOCUMENTED. Nuh-uh.

After Ariel asked if we could think up another photo, continuing our tradition. I agreed and after some squatting and getting the brain juices flowing Ariel had an idea to pose like sailors so that's what we did.

Very Titanic.

I said goodbye and promised I would have something thought up for a photo for next time.

So we ended our Hall endeavors with Cindy who was waiting patiently once again. Me holding up the Hall per usual. She looked a bit annoyed I was taking so long, but could sense the energy and was all for it. I kinda jumped in telling her about Ariel and I practicing our dancing in the previous room. She asked if she could see. I waited a moment to answer until the host followed me in and they did so I gave them my camera and actually got to properly waltz with Cindy AND catch it on the camera.

Ugh, a natural. The prince taught her well. She loved that and although I wasn't sure what else to do, she asked for a more poised photo which came out pretty cute.

I flitted on out feeling super magical, waving bye to Cindy. I had to spread this magic so I got into Elena's line. As I got in I saw Aladdin pass but he was off to the other side of the castle and I'm sure I'd catch him later. He looked like he was wandering as of late. I hadn't seen Elena in awhile so she was more a priority.

We had a lovely conversation about Loki's musical and possibly integrating some merengue, samba, salsa, etc. all the lovely latin dances into his musical and maybe giving it a bilingual treatment. She was into it but seemed a bit too tired to try those out so we just did the usual pose-and-shoot.

Then I asked if I could take some photos. She was a bit hesitant but let me go ahead.

Doy las gracias a la princesa de Avalor (I thanked the Princess of Avalor) and walked out to see Aladdin was chillin on the bridge now so I hopped into his line which was very short so in no time I was meeting Aladdin who with not a second glance immediately recognized me and gave me a huge hug. It took me aback since I didn't think he'd remember me but HE DID! YAS AGRABAE *heart eyes*

He told me he loved my shirt. Purple's his favorite because it's the color of royalty. I agreed it's a fabulous color. He then asked about my day and once again I brought up Loki but the ensuing stories in the Hall. He then told me that he'd love to be a part of that as would the Genie and maybe Jas. He's not the biggest fan of Loki but maybe a musical about him. Then I reminded him one of those already exists. Silly Al. We then decided to take a photo. I pulled out my phone and he said, "Oh Ariel usually calls those shellfies." I replied, "Yeah!" Then I paused and asked, "Wait, what should we call it for you?" We pondered some ideas. I thought up Abufie, Alfie and then he said, "Well there's "ABUmerang" and I decided to do away with the selfie and asked if we could do one of those. The girl behind me noticed I needed help and offered to take the camera. I asked if she knew how Boomerangs worked and she was all over it. I then asked Al what we should do and he did the Peek-ABU so that's what we did and although we had terrible lighting, it still looked fabulous.

Click to BOOMERANG!

I then asked if I could get some photos of just him which he was more than happy to take part in, of course from a better angle.

I thanked him and then gave my precious diamond in the rough a quick hug goodbye and skipped out of Fantasy Faire feeling I had done my Fantasyland friend time justice. Ah, I miss it.

The day was far from over though. So much more to do. The telling of Loki's story might've been done but it didn't mean I was done having my fun. The pixie dust was bursting out of every pore and I was ready to FLY! LET'S GO!!!

:dumbo:

Continue Here

Last edited:
It was and yes, it's so magical riding the carousel at the end of the night. Makes me feel like Mickey and Minnie at the end of the Disneyland Sing-A-Long video where they're walking across the drawbridge towards Fantasyland with the carousel still going in the background.
Gah! My absolute favorite of all Disney Sing-Along Songs!! I still have a bunch of them on VHS, but was SO happy Disney Movie Club released many on DVD. I wish they would do all of them....like seriously before my VCR dies.

:jumping1: GOING INTO WALT'S APARTMENT AGAIN!! :jumping1:

How awesome that you got to go up again AND get your own pics this time!!! Amazing!

eponymous [uh-PON-uh-muhs], adjective: giving one's name to a tribe, place, etc.
My favorite word I learned in college :)

So many amazing character encounters! At least you got to meet Loki one more time before he got cut! And dancing with the princesses sounds so magical! And I love the boomerang with Aladdin!

So much fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter