-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

It took me over a month, but I finally got back and got caught up again!

29936831037_11802312f2_c.jpg

Lovely pictures! Belle is looking very much like herself here. :lovestruc

the family in front of me were being huge disgusting jerks. As I said a lot of Disney Instagrammers in line and there were some particularly standout male ones. It is rare to find males who meet characters in the parks, which has kinda put a stigma against those like myself who enjoy it. This guy was on the older side, visibly older than me, and the family in front of me took notice. When he met Snow, he was spending a lot of time with her, hugging her, taking hugging photos with her and taking all these pics of her, which the family took as creepy. I found myself reacting in the same manner except my response was more out of concern and I did realize that they knew each other and they were just taking their time saying goodbye, that was all. However, this family just decided to ridicule him making snide comments and really inappropriate sexual jokes about him. It was the most appalling thing and I cannot believe they were going to be one of the last families to meet Snow on her friend's last day as a Cast Member. Disgusting.

Oh my gosh. I can't stand this. Disney is for everyone. Meet and greets are for everyone. Everyone else paid to get into the park just like you! As long as a guest isn't weirding the characters out with unwanted advances or anything, I don't see why people can't just chill out and let everyone live their best Disney life. #rantover

A GURL WAS SHOOK. I was essentially on the verge of tears especially when Cindy just immediately went in for a hug and whoever was next in line let it happen. After Cindy and Snow had their moment, Snow went up and gave Ariel a hug.

:lovestruc:lovestruc:sad: What a sweet moment you got to observe!

This is SO #goals! Awesome picture! Also I never pay attention to princess footwear, but Snow's little character shoes are kinda cute.

Then Snow made one of the most profound beautiful comments I've ever heard, "You know if you shine a light on a diamond, it makes a rainbow." Those words have stuck with me. Simple idea yet I know she was meaning a lot of things with it.

:lovestruc I love this! Multiple meanings for sure. Snow is very wise. :)

Omg Ariel's neon light-up get-up...I can't.

MY HERO.

Yup, the millennial pink jersey was making another return.

I love this!! I don't own any spirit jerseys yet, but I really like the potion purple one, so maybe that'll have to happen if they still have them or anything similar when we go this summer.

Elastigirl is my forever inspo. What a sweet strong female to look up to. She was once a one woman show of a superhero that never caused any problems that led them to go into hiding and was the eventual reason for them to come out of hiding. She smart af and skilled af. And she's a great invaluable asset of a mom! I worship her AND YOU SHOULD TOO. SO DO NOT CALL HER MRS. INCREDIBLE. THAT IS NOT HER NAME.

Elastigirl YAS! What a star! I love how confident and powerful she is, but also kind and generous. Also, what a fabulous silhouette she has! She could give some serious lessons in padding.

This is super cute.

Life is moving pretty fast for me at the moment

dA1CkZX.gif

Yup, so that officially concludes my college career and it just so happens I also had my first job interview since leaving Skidmore so keep your fingers crossed for that one.

Congrats on your graduation!!

Oh it was a blast. I was LIVING.

This is absolutely amazing!

It is SOOOOOO much fun. So thrilling. The storyline is super fun and riding a coaster while that powerful Incredibles score is playing. WOW. It's incomparable and always gets the juices flowing. 30/10 would HIIIIIIGGGHHHHHLLLLYYYYY recommend. Go ride and give it the love it deserves even if you gonna hate on it because it's not California Screamin'. RIDE IT.

Wow! Glad you had such a great time! Sounds like an amazing coaster :)

:lovestruc

Yup, Captain America knew me. Or at least his friend did, hard to tell sometimes. I did realize his friend was friends with Kristoff too when I met him back in January. So my response to that was "Yeah... maybe I met you with your ice harvester friend", which normally you're really not supposed to do but I mean it was subtle.

Sneaky! Cool that you recognized each other. And cap's a pretty social influential guy, so I'm not surprised he has friends from all walks of life. :goodvibes

However, I met him, it was fun and he wished me well on "ice harvesting." Lowkey Daddy Steve Rogers was trolling.

:laughing:

See I saw a special Fourth of July sign out at Hollywood earlier with Pluto on it and I HAD to get a photo of me holding it.

Of course you needed this photo! Perfect. :thumbsup2

From L-to-R: Jack Jack's Num Num Cookie, Angry Dog, Poultry Palace Drumstick and Unicorn Bar (from Bing Bong's)

All of them were fabulous! I wasn't sure I'd like the Num Num Cookie but omg I LOOOOOVVVEEED it. I'd already had the Angry Dog and liked it so that was a given. The Poultry Palace Drumstick also shockingly surprised me with how much I liked that. I'm usually not a fan of those but this was so tender and well made, I made a note to go buy one at a later date. The Unicorn Bar was the standout since a) I was one of the first people to try it prior to its guest release and b) it was fabulous. So yes, Pixar Pier food, we. stan.

Yum!! How cool that they offered samples. And smart, too. They know how to get people to buy the real deal.

This is great!

Adorable! Russel is so presh.

As soon as I got to Town Square, I ended up upon this...

Click to watch!

I'm so glad you got that on video for us! Precious. True love, totally.

:lovestruc:lovestruc This one made me smile!!

A quick update on everything, I should let you know I had two interviews with the Disney Store about a week ago and unfortunately was not hired. Pretty sure it was because I did mention hoping to stay with the company in the Parks & Resorts division in the future. They probably wanted me more long term for sure.

That's too bad, but leaves room for bigger and better things! You're probably right about them wanting someone they could keep on long-term.

She shockingly didn't seem that tired and sent me right on in saying, "Come say hi to our fairy friend, FAWN!"

FAWN?!?!?!

FAWN THE GARDEN TALENT FAIRY?!?!?!

Y'all.

I was gagged.

Wow. This heat was bringing some major magic today. Whoa.

OH MY GAWD! FAWN! :lovestruc I've only ever met Tink, but I really want to meet Rosetta. Really, I wanna meet all the pixie pals. Fawn is adorable, Iridessa is gorgeous, they're all just so cute and bubbly and fabulous! You lucked into a great meet :goodvibes

This is perfection. You both look awesome!

(For those of you who follow my Twitter, no, this was not the time I told her how Ariana Grande saved the gays. That was on a day I skipped.)

:rotfl::rotfl: Sounds like a good story!

Awesome decision taking another trip to meet the princesses!! Nice treat meeting Mulan in there!

Always a good choice to visit the Hall especially with such an awesome surprise as MULAN.

Well, that's a story I hope to hear!! LOL

:rotfl::rotfl: Sounds like a good story!

I skipped over the day because that was the only thing significant about it so I'll just leave the story here in this comment:

This happened like a week or so before and it was a day where I was hanging out in the park before work. I went out front at Main Gate to find it pretty dead and lo-and-behold who was there but MULAN. I ended up spending a lot of time with her talking and such. We took a selfie and all that, but at one point she noticed my shirt which was from Ariana Grande's Honeymoon Tour which I saw back in 2015 and she asked who it was. I told her it was Ariana Grande and asked if she knew her and she said, "Did she save China?" And I responded with no pause, "No, she saved the gays." Mulan was trying not to die laughing. She also made fun of me for how skinny I was. It was great. Best Mulan meet I've ever had tbh

It took me over a month, but I finally got back and got caught up again!

Yay! Glad to have you back and all caught up! :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh. I can't stand this. Disney is for everyone. Meet and greets are for everyone. Everyone else paid to get into the park just like you! As long as a guest isn't weirding the characters out with unwanted advances or anything, I don't see why people can't just chill out and let everyone live their best Disney life. #rantover

EXACTLY. I just can't with people sometimes. Mind your own business and have your own fun. They were visibly not hurting anyone. Frankly, the only one who was hurting anyone was the person who was making fun of an adult male meeting princesses. So rude and disgusting. Ugh, some people.

This is SO #goals! Awesome picture! Also I never pay attention to princess footwear, but Snow's little character shoes are kinda cute.

Life defining moment tbh And I'm pretty sure Snow and Ariel wear the same shoes. Only Cindy's are different in this pic (and mine, but that's negligible).

I love this!! I don't own any spirit jerseys yet, but I really like the potion purple one, so maybe that'll have to happen if they still have them or anything similar when we go this summer.

By the end of the summer, I had three and I still wear them all the time so I highly recommend. I'd love the Potion Purple ears though. If I ever get another Spirit Jersey, it would def be another princess one since my Ariel is too too lonely.

Elastigirl YAS! What a star! I love how confident and powerful she is, but also kind and generous. Also, what a fabulous silhouette she has! She could give some serious lessons in padding.

Her and Spidey could change the world through padding lmao

Lol I was legit thinking of this when I wrote that sentence lol

Congrats on your graduation!!

Thank you so much!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc This one made me smile!!

Me too. Love my Ploots.

That's too bad, but leaves room for bigger and better things! You're probably right about them wanting someone they could keep on long-term.

I think everything happens for a reason and it seems there are really good things starting to head my way so fingers crossed that's really still coming.

OH MY GAWD! FAWN! :lovestruc I've only ever met Tink, but I really want to meet Rosetta. Really, I wanna meet all the pixie pals. Fawn is adorable, Iridessa is gorgeous, they're all just so cute and bubbly and fabulous! You lucked into a great meet :goodvibes

*Spoiler Alert* By the end of this program I had met all the fairies minus Iridessa, Terence and Vidia. They'll all eventually be featured later on but this was the first of many encounters with Tink's fairy friends.

This happened like a week or so before and it was a day where I was hanging out in the park before work. I went out front at Main Gate to find it pretty dead and lo-and-behold who was there but MULAN. I ended up spending a lot of time with her talking and such. We took a selfie and all that, but at one point she noticed my shirt which was from Ariana Grande's Honeymoon Tour which I saw back in 2015 and she asked who it was. I told her it was Ariana Grande and asked if she knew her and she said, "Did she save China?" And I responded with no pause, "No, she saved the gays." Mulan was trying not to die laughing. She also made fun of me for how skinny I was. It was great. Best Mulan meet I've ever had tbh

Oh my gosh! Amazing! Love this.

Life defining moment tbh And I'm pretty sure Snow and Ariel wear the same shoes. Only Cindy's are different in this pic (and mine, but that's negligible).

I've never paid much attention, but I bet a bunch of kids do. When I was fortunate enough to have some princess friends who went to kids' birthday parties, the kids were always asking them if they could see their shoes.

Her and Spidey could change the world through padding lmao

YES! :laughing:

*Spoiler Alert* By the end of this program I had met all the fairies minus Iridessa, Terence and Vidia. They'll all eventually be featured later on but this was the first of many encounters with Tink's fairy friends.

OH MY GOSH! So jelly!

I've never paid much attention, but I bet a bunch of kids do. When I was fortunate enough to have some princess friends who went to kids' birthday parties, the kids were always asking them if they could see their shoes.

Oh they do. I once was waiting to meet Cinderella in the Hall and a little girl asked to see what she wore under the dress and so Cindy ended up showing her bloomers. The girl was just wondering if she wore pants under a dress like she had to on occasion. Cutest thing.

I Basically Live In Princess Halls And Just LIVE
7/6/18: Living My Best Life in 116 Degrees Farenheit

Off deeper into an even emptier DCA, I wandered and just pranced my way through all the lands. Of course, I had to make this video because well it was gonna be gone soon. Someone had to enact the passive aggressiveness of this sign.

Click to watch!

Of course, I was bound for one thing and one thing only. The most important part of DCA: The Incredicoaster!

However, before I stopped by I decided to see if there were any characters out near there. I checked and the only character visiting was Dug and not in his new spot but the old Pixar Pals gazebo. I was shocked of all the characters he was the one they let out. He's such a furry boy, how could they let him out in this heat? Alas they did. He was a bit late once I got over there and sadly evidently feeling the effects of the heat. I was very quick in the hopes he'd be better off and still managed a few adorable shots.

Love my precious talking golden.

I wasted no time after to ride my beloved Incredicoaster. Not gonna lie, the heat was not as pleasant as I make it sound. It's like any extreme weather and I thought maybe a ride on a launch coaster would cool me off.

But did it do the thing? Not so much. The air was actually hot even at high speeds. The Incredicoaster was nevertheless amazing, but not the ticket. I decided then to do some AC hopping since I'd been out in the heat much too long. I believe this included The Little Mermaid, some shops on Buena Vista Street and the Animation Academy. Along the way, I saw this brilliant interaction.

Click to watch!

After that wandering, I decided to head back over to Disneyland. I wasn't sure what to do but once I got over I remembered Ariel had asked if I would visit again. I gave her a Maybe which I felt bad about it since she seemed to genuinely want me to return but now with not much to do, I decided I'd stop by again. Coming through once again with a mystery princess and little line! So magical over at the Hall today (even more so than usual).

While not as eventful and wild as my previous visits, it was still lovely. Ariel of course remembered me and enlisted my help with our photo. It began a game we had all the way until the end of my program. Today, we decided that I would be Sebastian, grumpy as usual with Ariel and Ariel trying her best to not let it get to her. Can you see that? I can. Quality photo. I also remember spending quite a bit of time with Cindy. She was so sweet, spending more time getting to know me this time. Sweetie. Forever miss her castle.

After that visit, I didn't spend much more time in Disneyland and headed back over to DCA. I don't remember much what I did. I might've run into my co-worker Damion who was in restrooms that day and chatted with him before he hid back in his restroom in Hollywood. I know eventually I did sit out at the World of Color viewing area and decided to FaceTime the fam. It had been awhile and last time I talked with them they had mentioned they were heading to Canada instead of visiting me in Cali. I wanted to hear how that went and make them feel bad for not coming to visit me. You know, typical me when I'm in a good mood.

A lovely call per usual. They were all shook by how I was having the best time in 100+ temps, however happy to see I was happy. I tried to convince them to still come visit, but they said it was too expensive. I gave up eventually, more untypical of me, but I had a whole Disneyland still out before me so I wasn't gonna spend my whole night with them. It also was getting close to Paint the Night time so I had to go scout a spot out for that. I said goodbye and told them I'd try to text more often.

Now, it was time to grab my spot and get ready for my favorite parade once again. However, it was very different tonight as due to the temps they didn't have any of the dancers in the parade minus the brush holders. A most interesting Paint experience.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

DCA was now heading into even more quieter hours than before. I decided I didn't have any dire plans so I texted in one of my many group chats to see if any of my friends were around. Julianna and Garrett were making their way over soon following the Disneyland Fireworks so I decided to just wander about until they got over so we could wait for our special CM ExPIERience post-park close.

Continue Here

Last edited:

Seriously LOVE this!

Now, it was time to grab my spot and get ready for my favorite parade once again. However, it was very different tonight as due to the temps they didn't have any of the dancers in the parade minus the brush holders. A most interesting Paint experience.
That's really interesting!! Too hot for the dancers, but Sulley was OK?! How hot was it still at night??

And I realized - you completely forgot the best day ever of your program! When I took paparazzi photos of you! :rotfl:
YES! I remember seeing those on FB, and thinking "hey! I know him!!" :)

I went in and had one of the best visits in the Hall ever.

That looked like a really fun visit, and a dance!!! I doubt that happens often!

Then I saw Gamora was finishing up her meet. I initially was gonna hop in line then saw her leaving and she spotted me and seemed to want me to come over. I did and ended up going for a little walk, talking about the heat and such. She's not much of a conversationalist, but she was definitely struggling with the day so I think me, a familiar face, was nice to help deal with it.

OMG I can't imagine how hot Gamora must have been in that outfit...and being green and all...

That weather was pretty insane! I remember hearing the fastpass system also broke down that day!

Omg I forgot about that! Probz why Guardians still had an insanely long wait. It was a wild day.

And I realized - you completely forgot the best day ever of your program! When I took paparazzi photos of you! :rotfl:

YES! I remember seeing those on FB, and thinking "hey! I know him!!" :)

lol I totally was thinking about how I might've skipped over this. The photos might still resurface though...

And wait what? How you seeing my FB??

Seriously LOVE this!

My brand.

That's really interesting!! Too hot for the dancers, but Sulley was OK?! How hot was it still at night??

It was definitely cooler, like there was a light breeze but it was still HOT. My guess is they thought Sulley could handle just standing on a float versus dancers doing a half mile of complex dance routines in heavy costumes

Sounds like you and Ariel really bonded during your program- so sweet!

Her, Cindy and Snow were very much my program moms, but especially Miss Ariel.

That looked like a really fun visit, and a dance!!! I doubt that happens often!

It was! And I mean, I've danced a lot with various characters but I think that's just how I am hehehe

OMG I can't imagine how hot Gamora must have been in that outfit...and being green and all...

Again, I was shocked that her, Loki and Spidey were out that day but they all were making the best of it and they were very conscious of how long they could be out heaven bless.

I think I posted it without tagging you (we weren’t Facebook friends yet)! Just a general, “fun to unexpectedly run into friends at Disneyland” type of post!

Lol I was like "What? Did I forget someone is friends with me on Facebook?" I just did some digging and realized you posted the vid I took of you on the Incredicoaster :laughing:

Happy Oscar Sunday everyone!

giphy.gif

A day I honestly look forward to every year even if this year I will be sadly watching them alone. You rooting for anyone in particular? (If it's A Star is Born or Bohemian Rhapsody, keep opinions to yourself.) It is a bogus political ceremony, but it celebrates a year in film and always a mess of a blast for me. To kick it off, let's finish off the hottest day of the summer first!

What A Waste of an ExPIERience
7/6/18: Living My Best Life in 116 Degrees Farenheit

After waiting around for Julianna and Garrett, we ended up deciding meeting at Starbucks. We also were waiting for Lakeland. I texted her and she said she was only just on her way so she wasn't even on resort property. There was still time to get into the park on normal hours so after grabbing some Starbs, we headed over to the Pier. When we got there, there was already a massive line of CMs waiting to get inside so we immediately grabbed a spot to ensure we'd get in as soon as we could.

Then we waited.

And waited.

And waited.

We waited about thirty minutes and were still not let in. I was texting Lakeland in the midst of all this and she was still stuck at the front of the park where they were holding a bunch more CMs. Wild. They didn't do this well. As we waited, we heard they weren't letting us in because guests were still there and they also had to go through closing procedures before opening to us. Yet WE WERE ONLY ALLOWED IN FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER PARK CLOSE. Knowing Disney they wouldn't push that even for just CMs, so we were only gonna get a half hour. Not to mention, I noticed post-Paint time, the Incredicoaster was down and it sounded like it still was. So were we waiting for a Pixar Pier evening with no Incredicoaster? Yikes. Not that I'd go on, I ride it enough. I was more there for the Fun Wheel, the free pier games and Midway Mania. Still, what a mess.

Eventually, we were let in. We went on Midway Mania first. I noticed that Snapchat had a cool event filter, took full advantage of that.

Click to watch!

As expected, I did horrendous. And y'all wonder why I hate the game rides. Not for me.

Lakeland had texted me saying she finally made it inside and was waiting outside Mania. We found her and she said she really wanted to ride it. I was hoping to ride the Fun Wheel, but apparently the wait was pretty long so it was either that or Midway Mania if we were gonna get in one more ride before games. I conceded and went for Mania round two.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Yup, I'm a sore loser. That was enough of that. Time for some Pier games.

I believe we managed to play all of them. I wasn't super confident in my abilities on these but shockingly I WON the Wall-E one. Unfortunately, they weren't giving prizes so I couldn't get a cute memento for it. Oh well, I'd have time to go back and try my luck on another day and when I had money to pay for a game.

We ended our time on that as they were closing not too long after and we found it all such a bust. We were ready to head home. On our way out since the park was so empty, I requested photos. First, MY INCREDICOASTER!

Click to watch!

After that, we stopped at the various billboard postcards they had along the Pier. Garrett and Julianna joined in on my fun at this point.

After that, we left the Pier. Before we officially left I asked if we could take some photos at the Cars postcard sign.

We were out after that. Garrett and Julianna said they could drive me home so I wouldn't have to take the bus. No fun adventures (minus walking all the way from DCA to their car instead). Either way, it was goodnight DCA and on to more days of adventures!

Continue Here

Last edited:
And wait what? How you seeing my FB??

I think I posted it without tagging you (we weren’t Facebook friends yet)! Just a general, “fun to unexpectedly run into friends at Disneyland” type of post!
Have no fear, Timmy! I am NOT a stalker LOL :)

Looks like a fun way to wrap up the night, sorry it wasn't organized better so you could've enjoyed it more!

me when i resurface here after two months

tenor.gif

PIXAR PIER!!! I'm still so jealous. Your pictures with Elastigirl, Woody, Mike and Jesse are ADORABLE. I love the pic of you sitting down in front of that backdrop!!

EDNA MODE NO NO NO I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

My FAVORITE thing in the world is when you wake up dreading a day and then by the end of it, you're like, "huh that wasn't so bad and I actually had some fun along the way." Sounds like a semi-lit Fourth of July!!

Sorry Company D/Property Control was a flop!! At least you redeemed the day with a fierce trip to Disneyland and DCA!! Yaaaaas character kween.

Your paint the night coverage is, as usual, nothing less than perfect and I love seeing you with Pluto!!

I GENUINELY cannot get over how much fun you had in 116 degree weather. The characters... the rides... the PHOTOS... we have decided to stan at full speed. However we do NOT stan only half an hour for the cast exPIERience. We will, however, continue to stan your Pixar Pier coverage because that's genuinely where you belong in this universe.

You rooting for anyone in particular? (If it's A Star is Born or Bohemian Rhapsody, keep opinions to yourself.)

Who were you rooting for?? I was really hoping RBG would take the documentary category. :( I think we'll disagree on A Star is Born, and Bohemian Rhapsody, so I'll keep those thoughts to myself. :P But I'm quite surprised that Bohemian Rhapsody did as well as it did!! (And not even pleasantly surprised, just surprised. Also Glenn Close was robbed. But I haven't even seen The Favourite yet, and I think Olivia Colman is a precious gift to the world, so I'm chill about it.

It is a bogus political ceremony, but it celebrates a year in film and always a mess of a blast for me.

Samsies! I totally agree. But my husband and I have a tradition of watching and making homemade butter chicken and seeing who can make the most correct guesses. I don't miss it.

Yet WE WERE ONLY ALLOWED IN FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER PARK CLOSE. Knowing Disney they wouldn't push that even for just CMs, so we were only gonna get a half hour. Not to mention, I noticed post-Paint time, the Incredicoaster was down and it sounded like it still was. So were we waiting for a Pixar Pier evening with no Incredicoaster? Yikes. Not that I'd go on, I ride it enough. I was more there for the Fun Wheel, the free pier games and Midway Mania. Still, what a mess.

No kidding! A mess, indeed!

I'm sorry you didn't get to do much but still sounds like a fun night! Lots of cute photo ops at the end!

We made the best of it. It was all fun in the end.

Have no fear, Timmy! I am NOT a stalker LOL :)

Looks like a fun way to wrap up the night, sorry it wasn't organized better so you could've enjoyed it more!

Lol I assumed so hehe

It was fun in the end, but not worth all the hype and effort that they seemed to put into it as a special thing for CMs.

me when i resurface here after two months

tenor.gif

MY DARLING! I'm so happy you've caught up.

Kujm.gif

PIXAR PIER!!! I'm still so jealous. Your pictures with Elastigirl, Woody, Mike and Jesse are ADORABLE. I love the pic of you sitting down in front of that backdrop!!

Aww thanks love! We'll visit together one day and take all the photos. So many cute photo ops.

EDNA MODE NO NO NO I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

WE LOVE YOU!!

My FAVORITE thing in the world is when you wake up dreading a day and then by the end of it, you're like, "huh that wasn't so bad and I actually had some fun along the way." Sounds like a semi-lit Fourth of July!!

Lol that was me on Thanksgiving at MK too (little did I know what Black Friday would bring). But yeah 4th of July was LITTTT.

Sorry Company D/Property Control was a flop!! At least you redeemed the day with a fierce trip to Disneyland and DCA!! Yaaaaas character kween.

I really should've gotten there early, probably would've copped some bomb spirit jerseys. But yeah, the rest of the day more than made up for it.

Your paint the night coverage is, as usual, nothing less than perfect and I love seeing you with Pluto!!

Well, get ready, there's plenty more to come on both ends. :goodvibes

I GENUINELY cannot get over how much fun you had in 116 degree weather. The characters... the rides... the PHOTOS... we have decided to stan at full speed. However we do NOT stan only half an hour for the cast exPIERience. We will, however, continue to stan your Pixar Pier coverage because that's genuinely where you belong in this universe.

"Stan at full speed." Yas henny. Stan me 5ever. I lived through the hottest day on record and not only did I live... I THRIVED.

Who were you rooting for?? I was really hoping RBG would take the documentary category. :( I think we'll disagree on A Star is Born, and Bohemian Rhapsody, so I'll keep those thoughts to myself. :P But I'm quite surprised that Bohemian Rhapsody did as well as it did!! (And not even pleasantly surprised, just surprised. Also Glenn Close was robbed. But I haven't even seen The Favourite yet, and I think Olivia Colman is a precious gift to the world, so I'm chill about it.

I was rooting for quite a few. I saw every film nominated for Best Picture and all the films nominated in the acting categories (did the same last year... minus one). I had strong opinions about who should've won for Best Picture and needless to say, Green Book did not deserve it and that is the worst winner since Crash beat out Brokeback Mountain. Roma and BlacKkKlansman were the ones I was fiercely for so watching Samuel L. Jackson get to announce Spike Lee's first overdue Oscar win, I was in tears. Amazing film, iconic filmmaker. As you probably know, I'm a big Gaga fan so despite not caring too much for the film, I still rooted for her and was crying over her getting that well-deserved Best Original Song win.

I hadn't watched any of the docs nominated but none of them were the Mr. Rogers documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" which is what I consider the film that most needed to be seen today. I stan Miss Bader Ginsburg, but I heard it wasn't as great as many expected but I'm glad she's getting so much recognition. Icon.

Now... while I think Bohemian Rhapsody did not deserve all its noms nor its wins (what a joke all the editing wins... there were far better edited films), I was so happy for Rami even if he did make a remark I'm not happy with and has been making some remarks on the lead up that I'm not happy with, he was the reason that Bohemian Rhapsody was enjoyable and I forgot for moments it wasn't actually Freddie Mercury on screen. Well deserved in a crummy year for Best Actor.

I was SHOCKED Glenn Close didn't win. I'm so sad but I honestly would've been happy for any of them to win (I was rooting for a Gaga and Close tie though). That was the tightest category of the night. If there was a category to open up to more nominees than 5, it was NOT Best Picture but Best Actress. Elsie Fisher for Eighth Grade, Toni Colette for Hereditary, Emily Blunt for Mary Poppins Returns and many others deserved that recognition of a nomination. I'm so happy for Olivia Colman. She was HILARIOUS in The Favourite, which is a fabulous film. So funny. Emma and Rachel are also great in it. Also, she's adorable and that speech gave me LIFE. But yeah, it would've been nice for Glenn to finally get her win. Whether she gets it or not in the future, she'll still be hailed as one of the greatest as have many actresses who have never won.

Anyways, message me if you have more thoughts... I just went on quite the tangent.

Samsies! I totally agree. But my husband and I have a tradition of watching and making homemade butter chicken and seeing who can make the most correct guesses. I don't miss it.

I actually won a $25 Fandango gift card one year because I guessed all the major category winners correctly. It was awesome. I got 17 out of 24 this year. I'm so good at being objective about the whole game of the Academy Awards (again, all politics).

No kidding! A mess, indeed!

For sure. Luckily, they were much more efficient with later events for CMs, heaven bless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!