-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

I'm going to DL for the first time this fall, so I'm really enjoying your trip report! Thank you for taking the time to write in such detail, I'm loving it!

:welcome: I'm glad you're enjoying it. There is so much more to tell so I hope you'll stick around until the end. :thumbsup2

YAY! Glad you finally got in! And awesome that you got that FP!

It was all so exciting. The morning turned out perfectly.

Would you recommend the spinning or non-spinning on the Wheel?

I'd call it more "swinging", they rock back and forth not turn cyclical. I'd say it depends. If you want to actually enjoy the view, I say non-spinning, if you want to have a thrilling memorable experience, spinning for sure.

Pixar Pal-a-palooza!
6/23/18: Pixar Pier Premiere Day!

After talking with the Incredibles host for the day, Alyssa and eventually moving down the line. I met the QUEEN of the Incredibles squad for the first time ever.

Elastigirl is my forever inspo. What a sweet strong female to look up to. She was once a one woman show of a superhero that never caused any problems that led them to go into hiding and was the eventual reason for them to come out of hiding. She smart af and skilled af. And she's a great invaluable asset of a mom! I worship her AND YOU SHOULD TOO. SO DO NOT CALL HER MRS. INCREDIBLE. THAT IS NOT HER NAME.

giphy.gif

Literally this is what people in line were calling her and what the hosts were calling her. It's not her name. Yes, she may be Mrs. Parr but she is not Mrs. Incredible. She did not change her superhero name. Once Elastigirl, ALWAYS Elastigirl.

Anyways, after feeling thoroughly validated by my queen, I decided it was time for a snack. There was so much I needed to try along the Pier and I thought I'd start it off with a classic.

Who doesn't love a Disneyland churro?

Those who don't have taste and that's THE TEA.

Señor Buzz Churros offered two new flavors: the Cinnamon Super Galaxy Churro and the Caliente Churro. I love the idea of a spicy churro so I decided I'd try the Caliente one on this day. My thoughts? I was not a fan. I'm not big on the spicy style of cinnamon. It's not a matter that it's hot or anything I just don't like it. I never have so although I finished the churro, my tongue wasn't thanking me. I think the Galaxy Churro is a far more flavorful and delightful choice.

Tossing a not so pleasant snack experience away, I saw that a line was forming for whatever Toy Story character would be coming out by Mania so I hopped in. Woody came out not too long after. It was the first time I had met Woody my entire time I'd been in Disneyland (most every Pixar character I met today was for the first time).

Talking with Woody is such a rootin' tootin' good time. I told him how happy I was to have his ride back open and asked him how he felt about the Pier being open. Obviously he was quite happy. I'm sure there were other things we talked about, but I'm sure the joy on our faces is enough to suffice for not knowing what was actually happening fully.

Tipping my metaphorical hat adieu to Woody, I continued on down to check on how long the wait was for his ride. It was still pretty long so I didn't bother and continued on past the Pixar Pier games which looked fun but I didn't have the money to spend on. The Pal A Round waits had SHOT UP so no round two. I continued on until I saw Mike Wazowski walking down from Paradise Gardens Park. I thought, why not continue the celebration with one of my favorite scarers, well, comedians now?

Hope I'll see you on the laugh floor again one day Mike! (I really miss it.)

Walking back towards the main area of Pixar Pier, I decided to take a moment to really take in what Pixar Pier had to offer other than the attractions. It was really well done how they revamped it from Paradise Pier, which I never experienced in full but I loved the vibrancy out here. It was such a nice energy bolstered by the actually not-too-crowded but crowded enough population of people wandering around. Pixar Pier was really killing the game. I was Pixar Pier TRASH this day onward.

I stopped inside Knick's Knacks even though I knew I wouldn't be buying anything and I had been in the store before when the exterior was still under construction. Unfortunately in the construction that followed when the Pier was completely closed down, they had taken out the Pixar wall I had taken a photo with on my first day in the park. Sadness. However, I spotted a shirt that I think I might need depending on how my FP ride turned out.

I can't remember if I realized after if that was the AP one or not (aka what I CAN'T have), but it was on my mental list of things I wanted/needed to buy in the future before my program ended.

Popping out of Knick's Knacks, I saw a line of people at a little photo op just outside of the entrance to Lamplight Lounge. It was a wall specifically put up for the Pixar Pier premiere. A woman and her family walked up the same time as me so I asked them if they would take photos for me, which they were more than happy to. They asked if I could do the same so I said of course. I went first though.

I took their pics then went back into the Pier. The hubbub really had died out by now. It was still buzzing with energy but Incredicoaster didn't get a wait longer than an hour and was down to 45 minutes. It was WILD. Many were expecting the absolute worst and it didn't seem nearly as bad as I expected. Even the 45th anniversary at Magic Kingdom lines were worse than this. I couldn't believe it. I checked back at the Incredibles M&G which was still Elastigirl so I decided to continue on and then heard from the host by Toy Story Mania that Jessie was coming out so I got back in line over there.

Jessie wasn't super hyped up which kinda saddened me since I STAN SO HARD for her in Paint The Night, but she was flattered by my compliments nonetheless.

I had a bit more time before the Incredicoaster and had covered most of the Pixar Pals I had hoped to meet on this day so I checked back at the Incredibles line. Frozone seemed to have just popped out so maybe I'd catch him this time...

Continue Here

Last edited:

HER NAME IS NOT MRS. INCREDIBLE -- THANK YOU! Seriously though that is one of my biggest pet peeves. That along with people calling Aurora "Sleeping Beauty." Smh.

Your pictures with the characters are freaking adorable, as always!! Very jealous that you managed to get hug-pictures without looking like the most awkward human (aka me). :laughing:

HER NAME IS NOT MRS. INCREDIBLE -- THANK YOU! Seriously though that is one of my biggest pet peeves. That along with people calling Aurora "Sleeping Beauty." Smh.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON AURORA. I literally know of parents who will call her that and the kids who are well at the age to know her real name as well as her nickname, have no clue Aurora IS Sleeping Beauty, that's her name. I'm so gonna make sure my children grow up to know the proper names of princesses and Helen Parr.

Your pictures with the characters are freaking adorable, as always!! Very jealous that you managed to get hug-pictures without looking like the most awkward human (aka me). :laughing:

Awww thank you so much! Really though my hug pictures can look so awful sometimes. My kyphosis is so evident (hi QuasiTimmy!). I'm so glad I managed to stand up pretty straight on this day. Blessed.

YES!!! Preach on, Timmy!!

We do not call this ICON the wrong name in this house:

giphy.gif

You are literally the Kween of M&Gs, not even a Princess THE KWEEN!!

AURORA!!!! FOREVER....sleeping beauty pshaw... I'm sure your children will know the names of EVERY Disney Character (throw in Harry Potter character for good measure)

*Dr. Seeker voice* Heeeello there!

So if you haven't noticed, I'm starting to pick up the pace with these updates. Life is moving pretty fast for me at the moment so I'm worried that this might take a bit too long to get through so I want to get through it all a bit quicker now. I hope that doesn't deter any of you from continuing to read this TR since I really do enjoy your comments. The whole TR is also finished, it's just sitting in a 200+ page document that I'm copying and pasting which is also part of the quickness so now I have little to do, but a lot of things are coming.

For a quick RL update moment, I will have officially graduated from Skidmore... today!

party:

Yup, so that officially concludes my college career and it just so happens I also had my first job interview since leaving Skidmore so keep your fingers crossed for that one. I really could use the money as I'm also planning to apply for jobs that will potentially get me back to Orlando or SoCal.

On top of all that, I'm also helping with choreography for my high school's production of Mamma Mia! so we'll insert that with everything. If all goes to according to plan, life is about to get quite busy for me. QUITE.

So yeah, I guess it makes sense that I've shelved the writing part of this TR and I'm now just doing a good copy-and-paste job. I promise an effort was put in and I hope I can continue the honest, magical and unique reporting style I've made for myself over my near 10 YEARS of writing these. So enjoy the final update of the Pixar Pier Premiere day!

Get Ready For An INCREDIBLE Ride!

6/23/18: Pixar Pier Premiere Day!

Frozone was there. The line was back here. I checked with Alyssa who was still hosting and recognized me from earlier. She said Edna Mode and Elastigirl were probably going to be out next if I didn't make it for Frozone, which worked for me because EDNA. The line creeped along until finally Edna came strutting in. And not long after Frozone was gone. Daaaaarrrrnnnn. Once he was gone, Elastigirl was there in his stead. There was a family at the front of the line who I assumed was there all day since I saw them earlier waiting exclusively for Mr. Incredible. They were getting kinda obnoxious just lounging there skipping every character for Mr. Incredible and complaining about it and having to wait for so long. It was still Edna and Mr. Incredible when I got up to them so I got to cut them though.

And right after they let me cut them, Bob showed up to sweep up Elastigirl and join an Incredible party. And I was the first to be a part of it.

They all were so happy to see me especially the Incredible couple because Elastigirl obviously remembered me from earlier and was more than happy to introduce me to the Mister who gave me a huge hug. Of course, my attention was on Edna but I love an Incredible hug. I gagged to them about how I was going to be riding their ride soon which made them happy. Oh it was a blast. I was LIVING.

After I finally got to tell Edna how much of a queen she was. She owned every ounce of flattery I gave to her. I was so starstruck. Oh to be in her presence or to be her. Nothing like a no-capes fashion queen.

After that, the timing lined up BRILLIANTLY and it was time to ride *Incredicoaster reporter voice* THE INCREDICOASTER!

If you follow me on Twitter or on Instagram you know how I feel about this attraction. If you don't. Here's a visual representation of my thoughts on this coaster.

giphy.gif

If Blair is me and Chuck is Incredicoaster.

Yes, I would DIE for this attraction.

It is SOOOOOO much fun. So thrilling. The storyline is super fun and riding a coaster while that powerful Incredibles score is playing. WOW. It's incomparable and always gets the juices flowing. 30/10 would HIIIIIIGGGHHHHHLLLLYYYYY recommend. Go ride and give it the love it deserves even if you gonna hate on it because it's not California Screamin'. RIDE IT.

After the Incredicoaster, it was about time to start thinking about heading out so I decided I'd go pick up some food because it had been a long morning and I was STARVING. The Angry Dog sounded good so I went to that stand which had ZERO line compared to the Jack-Jack Cookie Num Num stand and the Poultry Palace. I went up, got my food and was on my way in minutes.

I really liked the Angry Dog. Unfortunately they tend to sell out quick so whenever I was feeling dinner which was around the time I ended up at Pier later in my program, they were fresh out. Today, it wasn't and I was loving it. Perfect amount of hot to taste good and be complimented by the hot cheetoh fries which I stashed mostly for later when I got hungry during my shift.

I didn't feel a reason to hang around longer in Pier so I headed out. I had time so I thought Disneyland would be a good place to check out before popping backstage. As I exited the Pier I took a pic of the goodbye message they have behind the entrance sign. Ah, so many feels about it after such a fun day.

Next to it there was a Photopass photographer with some special Pixar Pier signs. He didn't have much of a line so I quickly asked for some quick photos on my phone.

Last thing to do before saying goodbye officially for the day. Pixar Pier really had been so fun that morning and I was so excited to have it in the DCA family. Still praying I wouldn't end up there that night.

I made my way into Disneyland where I realized upon entry that today was also the anniversary of the Tiki Room. I know I would NOT have the time to go in and enjoy a show but I saw they had some special signs out to take photos with. The time at which I needed to go backstage and get changed into my costume and go clock in was coming in close now so I had to make my stint in Disneyland quick.

But look mama duck and baby ducks!

Click to watch!

Anyways, TIKI ROOM. I wandered around over there until I saw a CM with a sign. I walked right up and she took my photo no problem.

You can see it was pretty crowded over here on this day so I wasn't hoping to stay here for too too long. But there was a second sign that had a really great joke about the Tiki Room and another CM took it. Well, not another CM but MAYNARD, one of Disneyland's long famed CMs. Originally a Haunted Mansion CM, he mostly frequented the Tiki Room nowadays and of course would be here for the anniversary. Unfortunately EVERYONE was wanting to talk with him so I was left there standing awkwardly in the middle of Adventureland waiting to take a pic with the sign. In that time I realized that my phone had run out of storage so I had to use snapchat as a quick fix solution once he noticed my presence and let me get the photo after which I had to run off so no cool stories with Maynard but he's real and I saw him and he's so friendly and he took this photo for me! Thanks Maynard!

I had to run backstage so thus ended my Pixar Pier day. Overall, it was super fun and gave me the energy I needed to get through a shift. I lowkey loved the Pier so much I had hoped that I would end up there. Damion had so I thought maybe that's where I'd go since they probably would still need more over there. It wasn't to be as I ended up in Hollywood as an extra which meant I just wandered and sweeped around the backlot area. Really easy shift. Nobody was around. Everyone was at Pier. When I told Damion about it later, he was JEALOUS since apparently Pier was still a nightmare albeit not as bad as they expected. But I got to do whatever, help guests and watch Paint. It got a bit boring, but I still was living my best life. Today was the day I needed as we entered into the busier months. In the moment, what a way to kick off the week!

I seriously could not wait for what else was to come my way as I entered into the thick of the program. Stay tuned, there's plenty more to come!

giphy.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:
For a quick RL update moment, I will have officially graduated from Skidmore... today!

party:
Happy Graduation, Timmy!!!!

Yup, so that officially concludes my college career and it just so happens I also had my first job interview since leaving Skidmore so keep your fingers crossed for that one. I really could use the money as I'm also planning to apply for jobs that will potentially get me back to Orlando or SoCal.

On top of all that, I'm also helping with choreography for my high school's production of Mamma Mia! so we'll insert that with everything. If all goes to according to plan, life is about to get quite busy for me. QUITE.
Crossing all my fingers and toes for magical results!!!! AND how awesome you're doing choreography for Mamma Mia!!! I LOVE that show, and I imagine it must be incredibly fun to be a part of it!!

And right after they let me cut them, Bob showed up to sweep up Elastigirl and join an Incredible party. And I was the first to be a part of it.
Seriously?! You've got the character luck!! Awesome pictures.

Glad you had time for the picture proof that you were there!! Too bad you weren't able to enjoy the attraction this time.

Happy Graduation, Timmy!!!!

Thank you! :teeth:

Crossing all my fingers and toes for magical results!!!! AND how awesome you're doing choreography for Mamma Mia!!! I LOVE that show, and I imagine it must be incredibly fun to be a part of it!!

Thank you. Let's hope this waiting game is short. And yeah, it's been pretty fun so far, at least on just doing choreography things. Hopefully that trend continues. :thumbsup2

Seriously?! You've got the character luck!! Awesome pictures.

Apparently I do! I mean, I think not long after I met the three Edna left. I truly got quite lucky that day. And thank you! :)

Glad you had time for the picture proof that you were there!! Too bad you weren't able to enjoy the attraction this time.

I spent ample time in the Tiki Room before then, at MK and after so it wasn't a big deal. I mostly wanted a button they were handing out, but hey I got photos with both signs and quasi-met the infamous Maynard. I call that success.

Happy Birthday, Daddy America!
7/4/18: Quick Fourth of July Excursion

This is going to be a rather short update since not a lot happened on Fourth of July and not a lot was documented, but I'm sharing my day of celebrating America's birthday and taking on working during one of the busiest days of the year for the Disneyland Resort anyways. An experience is an experience.

The thing to note is this was the only day I had a block out. No day during my program was I blocked out from DCA but today I was blocked out from Disneyland where I heard it really was crazy. DCA on the other hand, considering that their one 4th of July celebration (World of Color), was announced dark for the rest of 2019, it wasn't going to be nearly as bad as in the past. Little did I know to what extent.

Anyways, the day started like most any other. I woke up, went through my usual morning routine, waited for the bus where I gave a big old social media shout out to what this day was truly celebrating.

I eventually got on the bus and arrived at Disneyland where the crowds had started to form outside security.

Click to watch!

I was being 100% sarcastic. WHERE WERE THE PEOPLE??? I arrived at about 11am almost 12pm, prime entry hours on most days and there was ZERO line for security. How? Did they? WHAT? I was so confused. I took it as a positive sign, but didn't want to get my hopes up too too much. Backstage I stashed my bag and costume then headed on over to DCA to see how my day really was gonna go.

It honestly continued to seem like a slow day. Not much of a wait to get into DCA nor a struggle to get through Buena Vista Street which is always the busiest. It felt like a normal day, but it was the Fourth of July? I was SHOCKED.

At DCA, my first order of business was to do the one 4th of July related thing I needed to do at the park today and that was to wish a happy birthday to the man of the day so I went to Hollywood and got in line for my fave patriotic hunk. The line is usually a bit of a wait, but again it wasn't anything unmanageable as I've seen in the past. Very very peculiar. I even ended up spending time with all three of the hosts that were with Cap talking about some stupid social media jokes. I was giggling like an idiot when Cap walked up and I said, "Oh hi Steve, happy birthday!" like we were old friends or something and he's like "Your name's Steve?" And I was like "What?" And he's like "I thought you said your name is Steve" to which I was like "No, it's Timmy I was saying hi to you cause your name is Steve." That got him on the same page. A weird mix-up followed by an even weirder, "Have I met you before?"

giphy.gif

Yup, Captain America knew me. Or at least his friend did, hard to tell sometimes. I did realize his friend was friends with Kristoff too when I met him back in January. So my response to that was "Yeah... maybe I met you with your ice harvester friend", which normally you're really not supposed to do but I mean it was subtle. I wasn't technically breaking character integrity but between Cap and I, I was walking a thin line. We didn't go into too much depth. We continued our conversation about his birthday and how it was amazing he managed to stay so young even while being frozen in ice. Y'know usual conversations. Eventually, we decided to get a photo. Cap still seemed thrown by how he recognized me so yes, it WAS HISSSS choice of pose.

Don't even ask what my smile even was because I don't even know. Yeah, an odd pose for me (Do I LOOK like someone who shakes hands with Captain America?). However, I met him, it was fun and he wished me well on "ice harvesting." Lowkey Daddy Steve Rogers was trolling.

From Hollywood, I decided to make my way over to Pixar Pier, see if the most popular area of the park was showing the true signs of the Fourth. Dropping the suspense here, it wasn't either. Real interesting. I took a quick ride on the Incredicoaster per usual. Arch photo and boomerang for proof.

Click to BOOMERANG!

I then went to the total opposite end of Pier to pick up an over-priced yet mildly patriotic drink of choice to refresh myself before my shift.

Then, as quickly as I entered into DCA, I headed out.

Not quite...

See I saw a special Fourth of July sign out at Hollywood earlier with Pluto on it and I HAD to get a photo of me holding it.

Thus ending my very short day of playing and what I expected to be a horrible day of work. Today I was working in the Bugs split restrooms. To help you understand why I was not looking forward to this shift outside of it being the Fourth, the restroom system in the Disneyland parks requires you to be constantly in a restroom over every hour. Sounds simple in context, right? Yeah, but this is considering you have more than one restroom to take care of and those restrooms require a walking distance. Not so simple and not so fun. And the Bugs split has FIVE RESTROOMS ranging from the backstage area between Cars Land and Bugs Land all the way to the second floor of Carthay Circle Theater. It's my least favorite place to work and on the Fourth of July... even less so.

Yet it turned out to be one of the easiest if not the easiest shift I've had there.

To begin, backstage at Harbor Pointe, they were giving out free samples of all the new Pixar Pier food including an item that would be available at Bing Bong's once it opened.

From L-to-R: Jack Jack's Num Num Cookie, Angry Dog, Poultry Palace Drumstick and Unicorn Bar (from Bing Bong's)

All of them were fabulous! I wasn't sure I'd like the Num Num Cookie but omg I LOOOOOVVVEEED it. I'd already had the Angry Dog and liked it so that was a given. The Poultry Palace Drumstick also shockingly surprised me with how much I liked that. I'm usually not a fan of those but this was so tender and well made, I made a note to go buy one at a later date. The Unicorn Bar was the standout since a) I was one of the first people to try it prior to its guest release and b) it was fabulous. So yes, Pixar Pier food, we. stan.

Anyways, after that, it was off to work, expecting the worst and getting the best out of the Bugs Land restrooms on one of the predictably busiest days of the year.

Carthay Circle 2nd Floor bathroom, which is usually fairly slow was a bit busier than normal, but everywhere else was dead even the Bugs Land male restroom and companion which usually are my biggest nightmare working the Bugs split. It was such a shock yet so so welcomed. Like I thought I'd be dying in those restrooms apologizing constantly to my lead yet I was keeping on top of things for the first time ever. Wow, July 4th magic for real. And thus, I eventually closed out and came out on the flipside of working a Disney park on July 4th.

I went home after since all my friends had been texting me constantly during my shift talking about all the fun they were having doing the adult thing on July 4th so I wanted to come back and take part in that. Before I did, I stumbled upon some cute things that were left in my apartment.

If you're wondering, YES, I did eat majority of those cookies and YES, I did take that Starbucks gift card all to myself (I did consult my housemates who apparently knew about for days before I did sooooo I WAS IN THE RIGHT).

Anyways, I came home to find out one of my roomies had snatched some delicious patriotic sugar cookies from his work for our apartment to enjoy. THEN, a former CPer had sent our apartment a Starbucks gift card with the cutest little note wishing us well on our program and hoping we had the best time in Carnegie 207. It was so sweet and made my life. Ugh, what a turn of events for Fourth of July.

It was about time now that I ended up doing the typical college aged adult thing with my friends across the hall so this is where I end the update on a note I did not expect I'd end on talking about July 4th. The only thing that could've made this strange turn of events better is if Sam Eagle had randomly popped up in the midst of it all.

tumblr_m6nuyuand01rrbogso1_500.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:
Congratulations Timmy!! So proud of you. :thumbsup2 If they have any sense at all they'll snap you up in a minute! Good LUCK!

Seems just yesterday that someone guided me to your first report and the rest is history. You'll do great in whatever you choose to do, choreographing the play, new job and all new adventures.

Sounds like a pretty awesome 4th of July! I’m
Glad it was way more pleasant than you expected! And those treats look yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter