It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year – an offsite, non-Disney, Christmas TR

I would give my right arm to be back in Orlando for Christmas again this year, but after a 10 day trip at the end of April and another two weeks in October, its not going to happen for 2016. There is nothing more awesome than SeaWorld during the holiday season, though, so we will try and see if we can swing a return trip for Christmas 2017!

The Friendly's is on I-Drive, not far from the Eye complex actually. If you give the Eye a whirl (pardon the pun, LOL!) then you could grab a meal at Friendly's afterwards. Have the waffle fries...they are divine!

Ohana is so much fun.....I just love the atmosphere at the Polynesian (especially as a northerner.....we yearn for that tropical, summery feel). You should definitely give breakfast a try there sometime!!

I definitely understand. Hopefully something can be worked out (last year was my first time going to SeaWorld at christmas time, and I am already counting down until this season)

Oh that's close! I will definitely have to check that out (and then I can kill 2 birds with one stone)

Ohana has been on my bucket list for awhile. But your pictures may help me put that plan into action (especially to try the POG juice)

I am with you on thr xmas trip Gina, its taking everything i can not too rebook.

Shame on SeaWorld.....I blame this addiction completely on them! :rotfl:

You just watch.....this is the year that Christmas will be cold, snowy and unbearable in Ontario, and we'll both be asking ourselves why, why aren't we in Florida right now?!?!?.

Shame on SeaWorld.....I blame this addiction completely on them! :rotfl:

You just watch.....this is the year that Christmas will be cold, snowy and unbearable in Ontario, and we'll both be asking ourselves why, why aren't we in Florida right now?!?!?.

And now I'm thinking about planning and budgeting a Christmas SeaWorld trip!

I blame you Gina! And whoever resurrected this thread!

I just have to chime in and say how much I've enjoyed reading this incredible trip report! Wonderful tips and detailed information given with humour and a writing style that I just love. It's great to read about off-site adventures as DH and I will be doing our first off-site stay in many, many years this November. We're fellow Canadians (from the Newmarket area) and we're going to drive down this trip. We have a condo reserved at Windsor Hills for 3 glorious weeks and will be putting our WDW AP's to good use. I loved reading about your Sea World, Universal and other adventures. It's been so long since we left the Disney bubble I forget how many other fun things there are to do in the area. :thumbsup2 I greatly appreciate your pictures and reviews of the different restaurants you tried, I will definitely be adding most of them to our "must try" list come November.

Thank you so much for sharing your family's vacation experiences with us. I'm now going to check out your other reviews as I'm bummed this one has ended, LOL.

I just have to chime in and say how much I've enjoyed reading this incredible trip report! Wonderful tips and detailed information given with humour and a writing style that I just love. It's great to read about off-site adventures as DH and I will be doing our first off-site stay in many, many years this November. We're fellow Canadians (from the Newmarket area) and we're going to drive down this trip. We have a condo reserved at Windsor Hills for 3 glorious weeks and will be putting our WDW AP's to good use. I loved reading about your Sea World, Universal and other adventures. It's been so long since we left the Disney bubble I forget how many other fun things there are to do in the area. :thumbsup2 I greatly appreciate your pictures and reviews of the different restaurants you tried, I will definitely be adding most of them to our "must try" list come November.

Thank you so much for sharing your family's vacation experiences with us. I'm now going to check out your other reviews as I'm bummed this one has ended, LOL.

Aw, thank you for such kind words :goodvibes. I am glad you enjoyed reading along :).

I have to say, three full weeks sounds absolutely AMAZING :worship:. We've done one two week trip back in 2014 (with our DS and his GF at the time), but the rest have all been 10 days or less. We have a two week trip in the planning stages for October, but this one will be a whole different experience since its just Steve and I this time: our first couples trip in almost a year.

I have a pre-trip report on the go, if you want to join in the chatter over there (we're a fun group to hang out with, if I do say so myself :teeth:). Feel free to jump right in!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/tw...er-ptr-where-“2”-is-the-magic-number.3524238/

:goodvibesMrsB1228 we have stayed at WH in a condo and it was great. Plenty of restaurants nearby and a quick drive to WDW. Enjoy your trip. We will be staying at WH again this Christmas in one of the Townhomes this time.

Aw, thank you for such kind words :goodvibes. I am glad you enjoyed reading along :).

I have to say, three full weeks sounds absolutely AMAZING :worship:. We've done one two week trip back in 2014 (with our DS and his GF at the time), but the rest have all been 10 days or less. We have a two week trip in the planning stages for October, but this one will be a whole different experience since its just Steve and I this time: our first couples trip in almost a year.

I have a pre-trip report on the go, if you want to join in the chatter over there (we're a fun group to hang out with, if I do say so myself :teeth:). Feel free to jump right in!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/twice-as-nice-double-the-fun-an-offsite-october-ptr-where-“2”-is-the-magic-number.3524238/

We're so excited to be heading back for another adventure! This is our second extended vacation this year, we actually stayed at Pop Century for three weeks in January/February. We had a blast but boy, was it cold while we were there! :cold: While we enjoyed our stay, I have to admit three weeks in a hotel room starts to feel a little claustrophobic. DH and I are the best of friends and we truly enjoy each others company, but there is such a thing as too much togetherness and sometimes a bit of separation makes you appreciate each other even more. :flower3: We had originally planned to go back for two weeks and stay at French Quarter (our favourite on-site resort) but when I did a bit of research and discovered we could stay for three weeks in a three-bedroom condo for less than half the price of two weeks at French Quarter, it was a done deal, LOL. As I mentioned, we have Disney AP's so we'll probably be focusing on WDW again, but I'm very tempted to purchase some Universal or Sea World tickets since we're saving so much on accommodation. Vacation math is a dangerous thing. :rolleyes1

Thank you for the link, I will for sure be reading your new PTR! ::yes::

:goodvibesMrsB1228 we have stayed at WH in a condo and it was great. Plenty of restaurants nearby and a quick drive to WDW. Enjoy your trip. We will be staying at WH again this Christmas in one of the Townhomes this time.

That's great to hear Samantha! The pictures certainly look lovely and the location couldn't be more convenient to Disney, that's for sure. Thank you for sharing that!

So I have just re-read your Christmas Day report as Santas Fireside Feast was available on SW website, but the time was 5.20pm, and I see your first show was seated at 5.30pm with the reserved seating for the Christmas shows (I also saw that it included a meal) so looks like the fireside feast won't work for us. Did you go to this on another visit Gina?

So I have just re-read your Christmas Day report as Santas Fireside Feast was available on SW website, but the time was 5.20pm, and I see your first show was seated at 5.30pm with the reserved seating for the Christmas shows (I also saw that it included a meal) so looks like the fireside feast won't work for us. Did you go to this on another visit Gina?

Nope, we didn't book the Fireside Feast on either of our two Christmas visits to Seaworld. This year will be our first time enjoying that dining event!

I think will still buy the reserved seating package and just miss the first show (which will cross over with our Fireside Feast time). The only one we will miss is Clyde and Seamore.

FYI, the Christmas seating packages are listed on sea world website now. The times depend on the date you visit. Sometimes you get a choice of early and late seatings.

Also, the special Christmas seating is 30% off for passholders during October!

FYI, the Christmas seating packages are listed on sea world website now. The times depend on the date you visit. Sometimes you get a choice of early and late seatings.

Also, the special Christmas seating is 30% off for passholders during October!

Is this just on the AP website as I can't see anything for the reserved seating, only the normal one?

what an awesome thread! We hit Orlando this June and will do Disney with our DVC, but in June will spend Christmas at our Marriott Time share (Grand Vista). We've not spent Time in orlando outside of Disney in years, so this has proven very helpful! Thank you so VERY much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter