It’s official! We are coming back!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
This time without the kids!

I know, horrible parents lol.

For my 30th birthday just hubby and I.

Dates are Nov 24th-28th. 4 day tickets.

I’m looking at th best western right across the street. Good idea?

Just budget wise I think fantasmic only showed on the weekends during this time right? And WOC every night? I deff want to take hubby to WOC. I went alone last time.

Also what are some good adult things to do at Disney.? We had a 5 and 1 year old with us last time so it was total kid mode.

The BWPPI is great!
Every time we go back they have made some kind of improvements and the free breakfasts rock .

Have a wonderful time!

Hubby and I had a fantastic time w/o the kids last year. We did some fancy restaurants (especially enjoyed Carthay Circle and Napa Rose) and WOC dessert party. It's detailed in my trip report below my signature, "Birthday Bash."

I think staying across the street is a great choice. You can go back for a rest midday, and it's so simple to get there and back in the mornings and after the park closes.

The thing that was nice-- we could do what WE wanted, big people stuff, because with kids, it's really all about keeping the kids happy, am I right? You sacrifice your preferences to keep them happy. It's a whole different ball game with your spouse. If you can get past the guilt and the kids' sad, accusing eyes, LOL, you'll realize this is a fabulous couple bonding time for you! Hope you have a great time!

Hubby and I had a fantastic time w/o the kids last year. We did some fancy restaurants (especially enjoyed Carthay Circle and Napa Rose) and WOC dessert party. It's detailed in my trip report below my signature, "Birthday Bash."

I think staying across the street is a great choice. You can go back for a rest midday, and it's so simple to get there and back in the mornings and after the park closes.

The thing that was nice-- we could do what WE wanted, big people stuff, because with kids, it's really all about keeping the kids happy, am I right? You sacrifice your preferences to keep them happy. It's a whole different ball game with your spouse. If you can get past the guilt and the kids' sad, accusing eyes, LOL, you'll realize this is a fabulous couple bonding time for you! Hope you have a great time!

Yes! It was all about my son when we went. I’m. Looking forward to seeing some things we missed because of it.

Congratulations!! See? You kept on believing, and your wish is going to come true! :) For grown up things, will the WOC Dessert Party be doable for the budget? If so, do it! If not, we do free FPs or the CCR Dining Package (and share a sundae from Ghirardelli while waiting in the viewing area). You should be in the parks for a candy cane day -- do a search on this. Get yourself a hand made DLR candy cane! (There's a YouTube video with Guy Fieri in Disneyland making candy canes -- you can search for it.) Dinner at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose (or, more budget friendly, in the NR lounge). Saturday night is the Royal Swing Ball at Fantasy Faire in DL (usually from 7-10ish - check the schedule for that day). There will be a live band and lots of dancers. Come on by and have a dance! If you want to learn to swing dance, people will be willing to teach you.

Last edited:
Did this last May, and we'll be there as a family a couple of the days you're there this year!

The no-kids trip was our first to not stay on property, and we stayed at the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites. Nice hotel, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's a bit too far away. This year we're staying at the Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance (the wife requires interior corridors at hotels... I'm working on it :) ).

What we found on our trip is that it definitely felt different -- we had a great time, but we did feel like we were missing something without the kids. That said, we'd do it again in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose. We actually pooped out mid-day almost every day, but got SO MUCH done in the first half of the day without having to worry about the extra bodies or the strollers that we didn't feel like we wasted a day if we didn't return.

Anyway, have fun!

Congratulations!! See? You kept on believing, and your wish is going to come true! :) For grown up things, will the WOC Dessert Party be doable for the budget? If so, do it! If not, we do free FPs or the CCR Dining Package (and share a sundae from Ghirardelli while waiting in the viewing area). You should be in the parks for a candy cane day -- do a search on this. Get yourself a hand made DLR candy cane! (There's a YouTube video with Guy Fieri in Disneyland making candy canes -- you can search for it.) Dinner at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose (or, more budget friendly, in the NR lounge). Saturday night is the Royal Swing Ball at Fantasy Faire in DL (usually from 7-10ish - check the schedule for that day). There will be a live band and lots of dancers. Come on by and have a dance! If you want to learn to swing dance, people will be willing to teach you.

That sounds like so much fun! WOC dessert party is a must. I did it alone last time and the whole time I was wishing hubby was with me.

Congrats!

We always went as a couple before kids. So I don’t think I well do that now. But I am planning solo next hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!