It’s Disney, Four Hours of Sleep is Normal! Mother Daughter 2018 F&W TR! (Updated 9/22!)

Oh my gosh I am dying of how cute these are. WANT!!

I know! I love them! Was so excited to find them on sale too!

This looks amazing. I know you say the salmon was

The scallops were really good as well, I would also definitely recommend that dish. We just loved the salmon, so they didn't make the top of our list!

My exact thoughts after our first ride! We loved it more than expected.

I'm so happy they made this ride so much fun. I mean, I like SDMT, but it's not one I feel like I need to ride more than once in a trip, whereas this I could ride over and over!

Don't remember if I commented earlier that I'm following along!

HA! Funny you say that, I'm getting to the point where I'm forgetting if I've welcome people or not. So just in case...:welcome:!

I'm glad the walk to HS wasn't too bad. There's recent reports that the friendship boats could be down when I'm staying at Boardwalk in December, so I may get stuck walking it!

Oh yeah, we didn't find it bad at all. Granted, it was prior to the sun coming up, so it wasn't too hot. Although in December I imagine the temp will be a lot nicer!

Day 2, Part 3: EMM at Toy Story Land! Part 2!

We last left off with my mom and I hopping on TSM. Gotta admit, the queue to get to the ride seemed to take forever! Wish there was a shorter way back there!

I did horrible the first few games of TSM and was terrified my mom would beat me, but at the end I somehow pulled away with the win!

After TSM, we took some more pictures of the empty park!

We then went back to our favorite ride in the new land, Slinky! We rode another five times in a row! We ended up chatting with a woman just before we got on one ride and compared our # of rides, amazingly we both at that point had ridden it eight times!

The last two rides we had, we had the train to ourselves!

After the 4th (well, I guess 9th) time on Slinky, we got off at 8:45, and I mentioned to my mom that if we wanted to ride again, we should get on right away since the park would be opening to everyone else any minute, so she agreed to hop back on.

So glad I said that!

As we were riding in our private train, we looked down to see the masses entering the land! By the time we got off the ride, the line to Slinky was out the entrance to the land!

It was apparently time for us to move on! On the way out we snagged the PP picture in front of the giant Woody!

At that point both mom and I were hungry and ready for breakfast.

So I have to admit, I did a horrible job planning, and had zero idea where the EMM breakfast would be, and by the time we got off Slinky the last time, there were no CMs around to ask! Fortunately we saw some other EMM guests ahead of us, so we discretely (ok, maybe not so much) followed them to breakfast at the commissary!

When we got there it was still fairly empty, so there was no one in line to order food. Both mom and I got the egg bowl, which was ready immediately. We found a table by the window, then took turns getting coffee and juice/water. I got the mint/basil infused water which I loved!

My mom also went to the buffet and got some pastries and fruits which she loved.

The egg bowls were amazing. Again, maybe a bit too many chips on the bottom, but the eggs and toppings were delicious!

We took our time at breakfast, enjoying the AC and the good food, we ended up staying there for over an hour!

After breakfast we hopped next door for a quick picture of Baseline Tap House since mom felt she needed more after lunch there the previous day.

After that it was time to head back to the hotel to change for our next adventure! As we were leaving thee area we ended up walking by the woman we had chatted with earlier about number of rides on slinky, so of course we had to compare our final tally, and we both got 10 rides in! We obviously had to high five each other for our accomplishment!

giphy.gif

We then continued on our way out of the park, of course stopping at PP photographers!

This time there was no line for the boats, although we did have a bit of a wait. Finally one showed up, and we grabbed seats in the back in the outdoor area, it’s so much cooler back there!

Got some pictures of the construction and the views from back there.

Similar to the prior day, we opted to get off at the Swolphin and just walk since it was a bit faster. On the walk back, we passed a family in their bathing suits in front of the marina walking towards the Swolphin talking about how great it was that they weren’t checking bands at the pool that day so they could get in! We were shocked! I mean, I’ve heard of people sneaking into Stormalong Bay or trying to, just never thought I’d actually see people who did it!

Next up: First Waterpark in Five Years!!!!

Last edited:

10 rides!! That's incredible! Sounds like it was well worth it and that the breakfast was good too! Love all the pics :)

10 rides!! That's incredible! Sounds like it was well worth it and that the breakfast was good too! Love all the pics :)

I know, I couldn't believe it! It is 100% worth every penny, I'm so glad we got to do this. Hoping it's still around next fall when we go back!

Being the nice people we usually are, we let him sit with us. Well, that may have been a mistake. First, he orders a ton of food items, and when they came out they completely took over our table so there was no room for our drinks! Ugh.

Ok, sharing is caring, we can share the table…I don’t mind holding my drink…really not a problem…

But the worst part was, he was one of those Disney know-it-alls, who also has to one-up you with everything! He kept going on and on about how he’s been there thousands of times, and how he knows everyone who works there, and how he knows all the secrets and blah blah blah.

Now I can handle the know-it-alls, we’re all (well most of us) big fans of Disney, so I get it, some people are just much bigger fans and want to know everything there is to know. What I hate is when you say you did something, and that person tell you they did too, but did it WAY better than you. What is the point of that? Can’t we instead talk about how great the experience was rather than you lecture me on how I did everything wrong?

Yeah. So no surprise, we left soon after that guy commandeered our table.
Oh my goodness! What is with some people????? That guy sounds horrible.......

The scallops were great, but after trying the salmon, did not compare!
These both look delicious!

On the way out, I made my mom swing by the Cheese Studio because I had my eye on a special dessert. I picked up the Maple Bourbon Cheesecake as well as the blueberry sparkling wine.
Yummo!

The walk was actually surprisingly easy, and really fast considering how slow we were walking while taking pictures along the way! We left the BC a few minutes before 6:00, and were at the front of HS before 6:20.
That is one of my favourite walks at Disney and is so pretty!

We were pleasantly surprised at how much fun this ride is! It was faster than we expected, a bit more intense than 7DMT. It’s also longer than we expected. We loved it!
SDD is awesome!!

We loved Slinky so much, we rode it four more times right after this, with absolutely zero wait. We just walked right back up and onto the ride! We got to try a number of the rows ranging from the first to the last, and surprisingly I found the first row to be a bit more intense than the last!
Ok, now I am totally jealous! How fun is that??

After Aliens we made our way over to meet with Buzz! There was a small line, maybe 3 people ahead of us, and in no time we were meeting the man himself!
Great picture!

We then went back to our favorite ride in the new land, Slinky! We rode another five times in a row! We ended up chatting with a woman just before we got on one ride and compared our # of rides, amazingly we both at that point had ridden it eight times!
No way!! That is amazing!

The egg bowls were amazing. Again, maybe a bit too many chips on the bottom, but the eggs and toppings were delicious!
This looks so good!

We then continued on our way out of the park, of course stopping at PP photographers!
Love this picture of you two!

Following along. Love your storytelling style. Sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time and thanks for the tip about TS it’s on our list for Dec and I never even thought to get there early-facepalm.

upload_2018-10-3_19-37-47.jpeg
What’s wrong with Slinky? It looks like it’s starting to peel and it’s only a couple months old.

Oh my! What a phenomenal morning at Toy Story Land! :goodvibesThat EMM was definitely worth it.:thumbsup2 It is so cool to see the lighting change on your SDD ride pics as the sun rises. Did you get to see all the light bulbs lit up when you first arrived? Was it dark enough for that?

Love the photopass magic shot with the army man. Too cute! You and your mom look so happy and like such a fun duo.:hyper2:

Do you need to have a separate daily park ticket in addition to your EMM tix? Or is it a hard ticket event like MNSSHP?

The breakfast looks really delicious. Oh. And I could see what you meant about the wear and tear on slinky’s springs in that last pic of your mom. That is surprising.

As for the illegal pool hoppers....crazy.....pretty annoying to hear.

Can’t wait to read what comes next. :wizard:

EMM sounds like it worked out well. That was a good idea to ride first and eat later.

I'm shocked by how beat up Slinky is already looking! It better not be down for refurbishment while I'm down there in December.

Oh my goodness! What is with some people????? That guy sounds horrible.......

Seriously! No idea, such a strange man!

These both look delicious!

Oh yeah, they were both great! I'm still suffering my post festival "none of my food tastes as good"!

That is one of my favourite walks at Disney and is so pretty!

It was really nice, especially in the dark with all the lights! Of course that is until we hit the construction zone! We were actually surprised how fast it was, it seems to take so long in the boat, but it really was a quick walk over!

SDD is awesome!!

YES! We loved it! (I guess that's obvious with 10 rides!)

Ok, now I am totally jealous! How fun is that??

It really was the best. I am so happy we did the EMM, totally worth the money!

Great picture!

Thank you!

This looks so good!

We loved this dish! Also love how it's not something we'd normally expect to see at one of these events.

Love this picture of you two!

Aw, thanks! :thanks:

Following along. Love your storytelling style. Sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time and thanks for the tip about TS it’s on our list for Dec and I never even thought to get there early-facepalm.

Aw, thank you! We really had such a great time. We especially loved the EMM at TSL, being in such an empty park and being able to ride the rides over and over was a blast!

Oh my! What a phenomenal morning at Toy Story Land! :goodvibesThat EMM was definitely worth it.:thumbsup2 It is so cool to see the lighting change on your SDD ride pics as the sun rises. Did you get to see all the light bulbs lit up when you first arrived? Was it dark enough for that?

It was such an awesome morning! Totally worth the money. It was light enough when we got in the lights weren't on, so still haven't seen them yet, but hopefully will on our trip next fall!

Love the photopass magic shot with the army man. Too cute! You and your mom look so happy and like such a fun duo.:hyper2:

Thank you! We love all these magic shots!

Do you need to have a separate daily park ticket in addition to your EMM tix? Or is it a hard ticket event like MNSSHP?

Pretty sure you need a day ticket as well.

The breakfast looks really delicious. Oh. And I could see what you meant about the wear and tear on slinky’s springs in that last pic of your mom. That is surprising.

The breakfast was so good! Kind of wish we tried more of the offerings. And yeah, slinky is so beat up already! So odd!

As for the illegal pool hoppers....crazy.....pretty annoying to hear.

Seriously! So annoying!

Can’t wait to read what comes next. :wizard:

Thanks! I can't wait to relive it as well, so much fun going back through all the trip fun!

Following along. I love the trip report with your Mom; that's special.
You are nicer than me about the man asking to sit with you! I probably would have pointed him to the empty table and said, no, not really.
I can't wait to try Slinky Dog this December. No EMM for us though.
Can't wait to hear more:)

Mini real life update!

We had another art fair here this weekend, and per usual I found yet more art I just had to have!

This year though I found the coolest Disney inspired pieces and had to buy two of them....

Love these!

Alright, back to writing the next update to the TR!

Day 2, Part 4: First Waterpark in Five Years!!!!

When we got back to the BC after our EMM fun, we decided to take a quick break since we had gotten up so early. We hung out in the AC for about 40 minutes, mom napped while I jotted down trip notes from the EMM.

After a while we were feeling a bit more awake again, so started getting ready for Typhoon Lagoon!

We have not been to Typhoon Lagoon since 2013, so we were due for a visit!

After we got ready I tried to get a Minnie Van, but after about 15 minutes of the app searching, no cars could be found. Odd.

I figured something was wrong with the app, so when we were ready I just called a regular lyft since we definitely didn’t want to deal with transferring buses!

The car showed up in about two minutes, which is definitely a benefit of the normal one over the Minnie Van, which we found took usually 15-20 minutes to arrive.

We piled in, and were off to Typhoon Lagoon!

It was a short trip over, and soon we were entering the park, it was about 12:20 at that point.

We made our way over to the lockers first, which has totally changed from the last time we were there! The kiosks were super easy to use though, and we quickly got our locker assignment.

One thing I wasn’t a fan of was having to memorize the locker number (yeah yeah, first world problem). Last time we were there the lockers still had the keys that you wore around your wrist that had the numbers on them. I like the no key thing, but I was worried we’d forget which number was ours!

Anyways, we dumped our stuff in the locker, then made our way over to my mom’s favorite ride…Crush ‘n Gusher!

Ok, it’s my favorite ride there too.

There was hardly anyone there at that point, so we rode all three slides twice with hardly any wait! After our 6th ride, my mom still wanted to go again, but as the designated tube-up-the-stairs-carrier I insisted we take a break because my arm was getting really sore!

Mom agreed, so we decided to really take a break and head over to the wave pool, because you know, swimming would be a great rest for my arm. HA!

My mom and I love getting out as deep as possible and riding the waves in. Not only is it fun, but there’s usually hardly anyone else out by the rope, so it’s a lot less chaotic back there.

Little aside – Last time we were here back in 2013, we started off the morning doing the surf lessons, and just wanted to throw in a little plug for that activity. It was so much fun, we totally want to do it again, and just may for our trip next year!

Ok, back to the TR. My mom and I stayed in the wave pool for a while, riding wave after wave. So much fun!

After a while though we started to feel the early wake up, so made our way out of the pool and over to the lazy river. It was time to relax!

We did one loop of the river, then got off because my mom really wanted to go on Crush ‘n Gusher again. As we were walking over, we passed the new Miss Adventure Falls, so decided since there was no line to give it a try!

Biggest plus for this ride is you don’t have to carry an awkwardly shaped tube up any stairs!

It was a fun ride, my mom somehow kept getting face-fulls of water on it though! When we got to the end both mom and I for real struggled to get out of the tube! The lifeguard only held onto it long enough for me to not-so-gracefully fall facefirst out of it, but he let go before my mom could get out! All of a sudden I look up to see the tube heading back over to the loading area with my mom still inside with the most panicked “what do I do!?!” look on her face!

So I slow motion chased (in waste deep water you can only go so fast) after her and caught the tube, then did what that lifeguard should have done, and held it steady so she could finally get out as well!

Ah, that was fun.

My mom was glad our next ride would be on her favorite and that I would be on tube duty. We made our way back to Crush ‘n Gusher only to find it now had a line. Noooo!

Ok, really not that big of a deal. We waited in line for the tube, then made our way up the stairs, so many stairs, to our first slide. Once off, instead of being able to just go right back on, we had to hand over our tube and get back in line since the crowds had arrived. At least the line gave me a break from all the tube carrying!

We rode all three slides again, but since it was getting crowded and we were really tired, we decided it was time to hydrate!

We grabbed our stuff from our locker (yes, we remembered the number), then made our way over to Let’s Go Slurpin’ where I got the rum runner, which was delicious! We also grabbed mom an apple juice, then sat at the bar for a while until we finished our drinks.

Once nice and hydrated, we made our way over to the store. We usually find some really cute things here, and back in the day when we used to come more often, I would get a new bikini at the store every year. Well, this year didn’t disappoint, and I got another new bikini and a really cute nautical shirt!

At this point we were both exhausted, so decided it was time to head out. Being us, we obviously took pictures on the way out!

Bye Typhoon Lagoon!

I tried calling for a Minnie Van again, but once again the app couldn’t find a single car! I ended up just getting a regular lyft again instead.

The car arrived around 2:50, and we were whisked off back to the BC for a much needed nap!

Up Next: Back to the Food Booths!

Last edited:
Following along. I love the trip report with your Mom; that's special.
You are nicer than me about the man asking to sit with you! I probably would have pointed him to the empty table and said, no, not really.
I can't wait to try Slinky Dog this December. No EMM for us though.
Can't wait to hear more:)

:welcome: Thanks for following along!

Yeah, in retrospect we totally should have told the guy to go sit at the table he took the chair from, oops!

I have some of my best Disney memories from Typhoon Lagoon when my daughters were young. Such a fun place! I haven't been there in far too long. It seems like there's never enough time. Glad you two enjoyed yourselves.

Your mom is quite the trooper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!