It’s beginning to look a lot like (time to plan a trip for) Christmas…

Wow! Merry Xmas to you, indeed! LOL. Congrats on saving so much!

I'm not planning to do TS, and so I don't bother with ADRs, but getting them is such a thrilling sport, isn't it? Your choices look great, btw ;)

Wow! Merry Xmas to you, indeed! LOL. Congrats on saving so much!

I'm not planning to do TS, and so I don't bother with ADRs, but getting them is such a thrilling sport, isn't it? Your choices look great, btw ;)

Thank you!

I do love the thrill of the ADR hunt. I'm now in that weird pre-trip lull... Vacation is booked, ADRs and touring plans are done, free dining is here... Only waiting on two small things (CP narrator to be announced and Wishes dessert party to open for ADRs.)

It's probably too early to start packing :)

I have 2 (ideally 3) tasks left for trip-planning:

1. Book a Candlelight Processional package
  2. Book Wishes Dessert Party
  3. Add Visa or General Public FD offer to package (wishful thinking!!)

2 out of 3 checked off, though I am dying to know who our CP narrator will be on Christmas Day. Just need to keep stalking the Dessert Party thread!

To pass the time, I am going to master this photo-posting thing :)

Here's my favorite pic from our January 2013 trip:

Thank you. Your trip report changed my whole vacation.

I was reading your report the other day and saw your post about how if you check in on the day your whole trip is covered...WHAT???

I went to DH who is a new TA and asked if this was something his boss had told him about. He said yes, but we did not qualify on our check in. I said, look again it is till the 22nd....SO... we tried to change. We were in a Royal Guest Room thinking daughter would love it, but there were no more with the free dining. We had some choices to make. We made big changes and are now at Wilderness, which was my hubby's first choice but we went with what we thought daughter would want...she wants bunk beds. What was already exciting is now a major dream come true thing.

:cheer2:THANKS FOR YOUR POSTING. Your whole trip looks like fun. Looks like we have plans at opposite parks the whole time, but are so waiting for the narrator as we go Christmas Eve to Processional.

Looking forward to more.

Saw your post in the "Wishes" thread and wanted to pop in .... lots in common - going in December, driving from the Northeast (NH here) and honeymooned in WDW, obsessed with the planning :)

Has the narrator been chosen yet for Xmas? I completely lucked out and had booked 12/3 before NPH signed on (LOVE him!)

I'm waiting on the dessert party for December as well. My husband doesn't know I'm booking it - when we decided to go, we scaled back his 40th birthday "surprise" party (he knew he was having it, just no details) and made it to a smaller, family party at his parents' house, so the money I had stashed for a nice cake I'm using for that ... now the dessert party will be a substitute for the cake he would have had.

Thank you. Your trip report changed my whole vacation.

I was reading your report the other day and saw your post about how if you check in on the day your whole trip is covered...WHAT???

I went to DH who is a new TA and asked if this was something his boss had told him about. He said yes, but we did not qualify on our check in. I said, look again it is till the 22nd....SO... we tried to change. We were in a Royal Guest Room thinking daughter would love it, but there were no more with the free dining. We had some choices to make. We made big changes and are now at Wilderness, which was my hubby's first choice but we went with what we thought daughter would want...she wants bunk beds. What was already exciting is now a major dream come true thing.

:cheer2:THANKS FOR YOUR POSTING. Your whole trip looks like fun. Looks like we have plans at opposite parks the whole time, but are so waiting for the narrator as we go Christmas Eve to Processional.

Looking forward to more.

Aww. I'm so glad I helped. I feel like I've gained so much from these boards. It feels good to give back :)

FW looks awesome. I've been stalking it and trying to think of ways that I could justify the extra cost over CSR. So far nothing but I'm happy to try out CSR. Maybe another time!!

Saw your post in the "Wishes" thread and wanted to pop in .... lots in common - going in December, driving from the Northeast (NH here) and honeymooned in WDW, obsessed with the planning :)

Has the narrator been chosen yet for Xmas? I completely lucked out and had booked 12/3 before NPH signed on (LOVE him!)

I'm waiting on the dessert party for December as well. My husband doesn't know I'm booking it - when we decided to go, we scaled back his 40th birthday "surprise" party (he knew he was having it, just no details) and made it to a smaller, family party at his parents' house, so the money I had stashed for a nice cake I'm using for that ... now the dessert party will be a substitute for the cake he would have had.

Welcome!

I can't imagine the drive from NH! We lived near Boston (south shore) before moving down here to Philly. Driving from there to Virginia to visit family was painful and that's not even halfway to Orlando! I'm so glad we were eventually able to score cheap flights. We would have driven if necessary but flying is so much easier (well, at least usually!)

I bet the dessert party will be an awesome surprise. Too bad my husband already knows about it. Wishes is his favorite WDW thing so that would have been an awesome Christmas gift.

I haven't seen anything about the CP narrator for Christmas Day, no rumors even. I don't really care who it is, I just want to know!!

We always drive so it's not a big deal to us anymore ... my husband refuses to fly (I never have, but may be convinced if he would be willing)

You inspired me today ... I said to my husband "How important is having Thanksgiving with your family?" and pointed out that our daughter has Wed-Fri off as well (and I have Thurs and Fri off) and he shocked the poop out of me by saying "Not that much ... " So now we may leave 2 days earlier! :)

We always drive so it's not a big deal to us anymore ... my husband refuses to fly (I never have, but may be convinced if he would be willing)

You inspired me today ... I said to my husband "How important is having Thanksgiving with your family?" and pointed out that our daughter has Wed-Fri off as well (and I have Thurs and Fri off) and he shocked the poop out of me by saying "Not that much ... " So now we may leave 2 days earlier! :)

Woo hoo! More Disney!

Since we still have 107 days to go, I needed some additional planning to keep me busy. I decided to start work on daily touring plans. Not meant to be rigid by any means, as I'm sure we will bend and flex as necessary. Just more to have a solid plan to ensure we get to do everything we want to do.

I started with day 1, naturally, and quickly became concerned about the amount of time between our flight landing at MCO and our first ADR at Tutto Italia (less than 3 hours, 11:10 am and 2 pm.) It could work, but if there are any delays we'd be toast. I was able to swap for a 2:45 ADR which made me feel a little better.

Then I remembered out first trip in January 2011 booking it from POFQ to Akershus in the exact scenario with 4 kids under 4 in tow. World Showcase is so far away from the entrance. So I decided to juggle some other ADRs around to minimize huffing and puffing.

I moved Coral Reef to 2:30 on day 1 so we don't have as far to travel if things get crunched. Then in a three-way shuffle, I moved Tutto Italia to dinner on 12/23 and Biergarten to dinner on 12/27.

Hopefully that's the last of my ADR shuffling!

Loving your pre-trip report!!
We are doing our first ever holiday trip this year. It's a surprise for the kids (16 and 9). We'll be there December 13th to 22nd:).

I'm waiting for the Wishes dessert party to open as well. I also added a night (the 21st), booked the Hoop Dee Doo Review and a Fort Wilderness Sleigh ride today for that day.

I think you'll like CSR. We've stayed there twice. It's not any bigger than POR but I would request to be pretty much anywhere other than the Ranchos section. It's far, and I don't like the desert theme at all, but some do. Casitas and Cabanas sections are both lovely. We have a slight preference for the Casitas. It's a beautiful resort all lit up at night and has a wonderful pool.

Looking forward to reading more of your planning. I am toying with the idea of a pre-trip report as well but I am worried I wouldn't get a single reader:rotfl:

Loving your pre-trip report!!
We are doing our first ever holiday trip this year. It's a surprise for the kids (16 and 9). We'll be there December 13th to 22nd:).

I'm waiting for the Wishes dessert party to open as well. I also added a night (the 21st), booked the Hoop Dee Doo Review and a Fort Wilderness Sleigh ride today for that day.

I think you'll like CSR. We've stayed there twice. It's not any bigger than POR but I would request to be pretty much anywhere other than the Ranchos section. It's far, and I don't like the desert theme at all, but some do. Casitas and Cabanas sections are both lovely. We have a slight preference for the Casitas. It's a beautiful resort all lit up at night and has a wonderful pool.

Looking forward to reading more of your planning. I am toying with the idea of a pre-trip report as well but I am worried I wouldn't get a single reader:rotfl:

Thanks for stopping in!! And thanks for the advice on CSR. I haven't started any resort-specific research yet!

Do it - write a pre-trip report - I will totally read it!

It's Lightning McQueen day! 95 days to go!

I am still working on our daily touring plans, but in the mean time I have also started thinking about the actual mechanics of Christmas day at WDW.

We are not getting the kids any gifts from us, you know, other than the 10 night trip to Disney :) But Santa still needs to bring a gift or two to the resort.

DD4 is easy. Princess dresses. I already have a Mulan dress and the Rapunzel wedding gown bought from a Disney Store sale a few months ago. I will probably pick up a Pocahontas dress while they are out for Halloween to round out her collection. This works perfectly. She likes to wear a princess dress in the park each day so we will already be packing them. Easy peasy.

I am struggling for DS6 though. He has asked for a Nintendo DS. I am not opposed to getting him one. It's certainly small enough to pack in our luggage since we're flying. I'm just worried that he would then rather stay in the hotel room playing DS than go enjoy the parks, and that just ain't gonna fly. I am trying to think of other ideas... Must be small enough to pack in luggage or ship to the resort. Ideally it would be Disney themed. He's not the type of kid to get excited about clothes, so it really needs to be a toy. Help! :confused3

null_zps80bfedfd.jpg

80 days! We will be in Epcot our first night so we could drink around the world!

I love your trip! CAn I seriously go with you? Please! :)

You have some great ADRs and great plans!

I have a DS 6 also that has been asking for a Nintendo DS since about January (right after his birthday!). I think the world would end if he does not get that DS. Thing is, he already has a Wii, an ipod touch and pretty much owns my ipad. Ugh! More technology!

I love your trip! CAn I seriously go with you? Please! :)

You have some great ADRs and great plans!

I have a DS 6 also that has been asking for a Nintendo DS since about January (right after his birthday!). I think the world would end if he does not get that DS. Thing is, he already has a Wii, an ipod touch and pretty much owns my ipad. Ugh! More technology!

Aww, thank you! We can't wait!!!

I think I have no choice but to get the DS for DS6... he was trying to convince me that the tooth fairy should bring him one. I told him that's out of the tooth fairy's price range, but perhaps Santa might be able to swing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter