Issues using Target Red Card?

Scooley01

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we're going on our belated honeymoon to WDW in a few weeks. I learned about the Red Card discount too late to use it in paying for our resort and tickets, but I had planned to use it to load up a gift card for our food and souvenirs. It took Target a couple weeks to get the card to me, but I finally got it today. I activated the card earlier, and I just tried a few different times to purchase a gift card through both the Target app and on my computer, and it keeps giving me an error processing the card. I did some searching, and I saw that Target seems to block some transactions...is that what's happening here? Would I maybe have more luck in-person? They only gave me a $300 limit, so I'm worried about being able to make enough purchases (Since I'll have to pay it off several times and wait for the payments to clear) before our trip. Any info or suggestions?

Have you tried buying something else with the new card? I'm thinking that using the new card for the first time for a gift card might set off a possible fraud alert.

Also, its possible that the card just isn't working.

Have you tried buying something else with the new card? I'm thinking that using the new card for the first time for a gift card might set off a possible fraud alert.

Also, its possible that the card just isn't working.
I bought a small load of groceries with the temp card number I got after I applied, but I haven't technically made any purchases with the official card since it got delivered today. I'll try to do a small purchase in store tomorrow.

Hi all, we're going on our belated honeymoon to WDW in a few weeks. I learned about the Red Card discount too late to use it in paying for our resort and tickets, but I had planned to use it to load up a gift card for our food and souvenirs. It took Target a couple weeks to get the card to me, but I finally got it today. I activated the card earlier, and I just tried a few different times to purchase a gift card through both the Target app and on my computer, and it keeps giving me an error processing the card. I did some searching, and I saw that Target seems to block some transactions...is that what's happening here? Would I maybe have more luck in-person? They only gave me a $300 limit, so I'm worried about being able to make enough purchases (Since I'll have to pay it off several times and wait for the payments to clear) before our trip. Any info or suggestions?
Are you trying to buy a gift card more than your limit? I've run into that so asked them to up my limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!