ISO someone who is walking to the Tinkerbell 1/2 Start from HoJos!

BayAreaMom

Mouseketeer
Hi
I’m running the tinkerbell half marathon on 1/29 and wondering if anyone wants to walk to the start with me from HoJos? I've PMd the one person on the check in list who is listed as staying at HoJos but hoping I can find another. It's going to be super duper early and dark and I just would rather walk with someone if possible....

I’m not sure what time to leave- the start is at 5:45 am on Disneyland Dr in front of the Grand Calif. I can’t figure out how long it will take. My best guess is to leave at 5am and the walk will be about 15 minutes max? See the start location here:

TinkerBellHalf-Course.jpg

I left for the DL half at 5 this year (actually, I think it was 5:15). My husband and I actually left too early the first year and had to sit tooo long. But that comes from someone that doesn't get the anxiety of having to get to races too early and tend to run it down to the wire. HeeHee I actually walked it by myself this year from HoJo. There is other people walking also and I think it's pretty well lit.

Good Luck! You'll have a great time.

I would give a little bit more time, b/c we have to go past PP and into their parking lot and it's a little further than the DL 1/2.

I'm not staying at HoJo's, I'll be at the BWPPI and leaving around 4:20 or so (just like to be there early). You're welcome to walk over w/ me if you want. Still haven't decided which way to walk over yet~ down to Katella and up to the start or through DTD/DCA, but either way you're welcome to come!

We walked to the DL 1/2 a couple years ago and we left pretty early. Walked through DTD and there were lots of folks. Lots on harbor also - we stayed at Hojo.

I would give a little bit more time, b/c we have to go past PP and into their parking lot and it's a little further than the DL 1/2.

I'm not staying at HoJo's, I'll be at the BWPPI and leaving around 4:20 or so (just like to be there early). You're welcome to walk over w/ me if you want. Still haven't decided which way to walk over yet~ down to Katella and up to the start or through DTD/DCA, but either way you're welcome to come!

Thanks for the offer but I hate to say thats just too early for me. I think 5am is the earliest I'm going to leave HoJos. I just don't want to be standing around in the cold and dark for too long before a race. I'm not planning on checking sweats, so I'll be wearing my race clothes (running tights and a long sleeve shirt)

The last race I did, I was too early (20 min before start time) and I got too cold standing around. I'd rather have to run before the race to get there on time than stand around getting cold..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter