Islands of Adventure voted best park

Bob O

<font color=navy>Voice of Reason<br><font color=re
Theme Park Insider.com just came out with their awards as voted by the members and Islands of Adventure was voted best theme park, Portifino as best resort hotel and Spiderman as best theme Park Attraction.
Disney did win several honors as Buzz Lightyyear won for best kids attraction, Blue Bayou at DL for best theme park Rest.
What are your thoughts on these results????

I find voting at the turnstiles to be the most significant measure of a theme park's popularity. I'm sure the theme park owners would agree.

Did they conduct the survey at the entrance or IOA? Were the only ones asked 15 y/o boys?

I would need to know more about the poll. Sounds like it might have been awarded bye the author.

I do think Spidey is one of the best rides though.

The travel channel routinely rewards IOA the #1 spot (though I doubt Disney is considered, since the award is for thrill parks only).

The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman has been winning the top spot in every poll, survey or award for dark rides since the day it opened. It routinely wins over all of the Disneydark rides (second place usually goes to PotC, Haunted Mansion or Indy. It is my favorite dark ride as well. It rasies the bar far above anthing that anyone has done before. I keep waiting for Disney to rise to the challange and produce something to beat it, but they don't seem interested.

I can agree with Spiderman being the best theme park attraction right now. It's just simply an amazing attraction. Hopefully Mission:Space will take the top spot from Spidey.

The survey was done via their web site. Not a park entrance and from being on the site their is no indication at all that it is populated by 15 yoa boys!!!
Of course you can see what the criteria was by checking out the site.

I would not be surprised if IOA is the best thrill park and WDW is the best theme park. Better roller coasters make it a thrill park, and IOA has some good ones.

My thoughts about thrill parks is that it if you want roller coasters you can go to Six Flags. Also, financially speaking, most people with money (families and slightly older adults) would prefer theme parks with shows and just a few roller coasters. I really do not see how IOA can be a financial success. WDW parks make money while IOA maybe will break even.

I know some people who are not teenagers (not that there's anything wrong with that) who love coasters and think that IOA is an awful lot nicer than Six Flags. So many people here criticize Six Flags for poor service and lack of cleanliness, I don't see why coaster fans wouldn't dislike those things too. I somehow can't see comparing any Universal park to any Six Flags park even though both of these places have their fans.

I can definitely see MK winning for best theme park and IOA winning for best thrill park. I bet that most of the visitors to themepark insider.com are thrill ride fans.

I'm moving this thread, since this is really a Universal topic & we have a board for that.

Sarangel

Magic Kingdom is a great theme park and I love WDW but I agree with the poll. Islands themeing takes your breath away. The architecture of the lands and buildings is in a word magnificent! Posideon's temple makes you feel as if you are in the middle of ancient Greece, The Waterfall, Marvel Hero and Dr Suess Land you feel as if you are in the comic book and story book respectively. Jurassic Park, that dinosuar pees for crying out loud! The landscaping there and the Toon Lagoon is so colorfull it is just eye candy. I'm sorry but I agree, If you are going on themeing alone and take into consideration the fabulous job the builders and architechts did, I'd say the poll is right on the money. Yes Magic Kingdom is cute and the theming is very good but IMHO Islands theming is wondrous!

I am a 40+ teenager at heart and IOA is by far my favorite park!!!

I suffer deeply from the "Peter Pan Syndrome".

Patty

Other parks can have fantastic rides but they never come close to bringing the themes and immersion into their parks or attractions as Disney does.

Other parks can have fantastic rides but they never come close to bringing the themes and immersion into their parks or attractions as Disney does

Respectfully disagree :cool:

We really enjoy IOA more than any Disney park (although MK and Epcot are close runners-up)

So if IOA is voted topic theme park thats not news????
What then is a defintion of news????

Totally agree with the poll. IOA is a wonderfully themed themed park that is very different in it's maturity than MK. I do enjoy the youthfulness of MK now and then but I enjoy IOA all the time.

portofino #1!!:D [/FONT]

I totally agree that IOA is the best Themepark!

I've been there a couple of times (dont know exactly how much) in the last 2 years, and all I can say is:

This Park blows you away!:jester:

It is simply amazing and its for the entire family. (Even for the very young ones of your family, as they can enjoy Seuss Landing.)

I don't think Disney is bad or anything. It sure isn't. But IOA is still better than any Disney Themepark. (I think so)

I'm not prejudiced... :p

But I TOTALLY agree! :bounce:

Been to all of them, IOA is my hands down fave and I doubt that will ever change. And those who think it's only a thrill park, well, keep on thinking it....

Here's another vote for IOA. As you can see in my sig, I've been to WDW more than a few times. It is still the granddaddy of the themeparks, and THAT is part of the problem. Instead of coming out with something new and unique, WDW seems to be just reacting now to what USF does. MIB is a smash hit at USF. WDW's answer: Buzz Lightyear. Just take the old If You Had Wings/Dreamflight/etc., throw in some cheap, painted cardboard cutouts, and there's their answer. YUCH! And their answer to Spidey? We may see something in a couple of years.
Personally, my family now will spend the bulk of our time (and $$$) at USF/IOA.

gcurling pretty much said it all with this quote:
I find voting at the turnstiles to be the most significant measure of a theme park's popularity. I'm sure the theme park owners would agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter