Island Hopping: A Highly Inappropriate TR. (Boom.)-- Link to NEW TR! 10/8

All caught up and loving it!

I feel such a kinship with you reading about your lists and systems. Really. I can almost feel Bryan roll his eyes when I say "I have an idea for reorganizing this. I'll just need to make a trip to Target"

It's late, I'm commenting on the most random things. I also have a teeny tiny bladder. Totally understand.

Boo for a long walk to OPR! How disappointing!

Loving the pics so far, and can't wait to see the rest of them :goodvibes

As a mom who has a son with a grab bag of diagnoses in a PA school system. How are Jacks grades? How does he do with class? If he is having difficulties then you have have him evaluated to see if there is any special considerations that can be made for him in class (taking a walk around the hall to get the ants in his pants out, extra time to take a test if he is not finishing and so on) but you don't have to put him on meds. We went into Cody's 1st appt saying we would not medicate, but when she told us his other diagnosies (Aspergers, ADHD, Anxiety, tourettes) we decided to medicate with an antianxiety med (not a stimulant which would make a kid with anxiety worse). We have had to fight the school district even with all of that to get Cody the help he needed.

Anyway, go with your gut, if he struggles, it's best to get him help with school stuff asap as the older he gets the more 'i hate school' will be a common thread.

Hey Star, I should start with saying, Bob has ADHD. He is also a nurse (like you!!!). He was medicated his whole childhood and VERY bitter about it!

Last year Jack had a lot of the issues that you are speaking of. This year none at all! Well, he's still easily distracted, but I think being SUCH good friends with current teacher, and all the changes we have made at home have turned him around! Our biggest Challenge is homework. Which of course is done with momma (yay me :/).

I think in your case with the multiple diagnosis, you made the right choice for sure! and wouldn't feel anything but that you did the best you could!

So far he LOVES school, and has great grades, and surprisingly popular. Again, we are very close with his teacher and that helps tremendously.

Next year, who knows. That teacher won't know Jack, or us, or how we handle things, so maybe it will go there? But I'm hoping this is the year to set the pace of school is fun, if I do what I'm told XYZ happens.

I joked about Parent hood, but in all honesty, we have many of the set ups they do on the show for their son Max.

and to be honest, it has helped ALL of us, especially Jack and Bob.

I can never sleep in Disney World either! The excitement of it all just takes over. :goodvibes

How great is that box system you used?! I bet that made things so much easier.

I've never used those bathrooms at the TTC, but now I'm going to have to make a point to stop there. I've used the bathrooms at Target plenty of times, so I know what smell you're talking about.

Sounds like yall had a wonderful morning at MK! That's awesome that you & Brynn both loved Big Thunder! :cool1:

Teeny tiney bladders unite! I knew I liked Target bathrooms, I just hadn't made the connection yet. My husband and I sometimes drink Starbucks Vias just because the smell reminds us of DW, any way to get a Disney fix is okay!

Love your picture effects and I've added bubbles to my list! MORE please:)

I'm here I'm here!! TR is awesome so far!!! The pictures are great!!!!! Can't wait to read more!!! That stinks you were in Martinique but still had a long walk to Old Port Royal.. I'm sure it was still closer than our walk from Aruba!! Although I think we all enjoyed the walk over Caribbean Cay!

Hi There,

I'm new to your TRs, but very excited to join in! You have such a lovely family, and I'm a mom to an oh-so-two year old, so I can relate! ;)

I LOVE the idea of box organization! I may have to steal it and use it for our next trip. Its 6 months away, but I'm already getting panicky about how much stuff I'll have to bring with a little baby and toddler. DH thinks we should somehow be able to fit everything into one suitcase, so he gets really grumpy about too much stuff. Maybe better organization will help!

I think your main street photos are awesome! I'm really interested to hear where you are going next!

WOW... I admire your ability to get your whole family out the door that early. I have trouble getting MYSELF up and at 'em that early. Even at Disney.

I totally know what you mean about the bathroom cleaner. I also LOVE it. They don't use it at my local Target, but they DO use it at Whole Foods! So I go in there and take a GIANT WHIFF and then get all teary eyed. I'm a weirdo... FYI. But you probably know that from reading my TRs. ;)

Great pictures and a funny writer! I'm subscribing! Can't wait to read more!
Awesome! Hope you're laughing with me and not at me:rotfl:!

I Arrrrrr ready for the next update... uhm.. yeah :) Great update and I am glad I'm not the only one who can't sleep on my first night or night before trip either..also last night of trip lolololol!

That is great about the GAC card. Jack has undiagnosed ADHD, I bet that card would help.. I think.. actually I'm not sure I know what the card is! lol Btw, it is undiganosed because of me.. I don't like how his school treats kids with ADHD, they suddenly have a gray cloud above them, so I just work EXTRA hard at home to deal with it. Seeing as we wouldn't medicate anyway, i don't see how getting a dr to say it's true would be helpful? I'm glad they gave you an easy time about it though! I'm sure it made for a much more enjoyable time for her! and eased your minds!

Love that yall had the same blue on that day, very clever!

Ok, go! next update!
I'm not sure the GAC would really help with his ADHD much, unless he also has issues with anxiety, claustrophobia, or sensory issues. That's mainly what we used it for with Brynn. Many times it ended up being the handicapped entrance, which worked because she was using her stroller as a wheelchair quite often, especially as the day went on and her legs were weaker. She loses coordination and strength the longer she's been awake. Read about it on the DISabilities board and see if any of the scenarios seem like something he'd need it for. Couldn't hurt to look into it!

Oh, great update! I love the picture of Julia taking a picture...the reflection in the window is neat. Your kids are so adorable! :) And you being the most excited to see the castle?? That is so me! :)
I didn't even see that reflection until you pointed it out!:thumbsup2 It does look pretty cool, and that's one more picture that Brandon is (kind of) in!

Yay for a great start to a MK morning!! Hahaha I always make an inordinate amount of bathroom stops too, don't be embarrassed! I once went with one of my friends, who commented very early into the trip that she could make an entire album of photos of the outside of the restrooms she'd been waiting at :rotfl:.

Oooh I'm excited for Pirates pictures!!
:rotfl2: Next trip, that's got to be Brandon's photography project!

I love all the details, it makes it all seem real. I have never used the restroom at the TTC, maybe I will check it out next time. ;)

Those pictures can't come soon enough, I'll be waiting. popcorn::
You will not be disappointed in the TTC bathroom first thing in the morning:lmao:!

Yay! Nothing quite like the first steps into the Magic Kingdom. It never gets old.

Also, judging by all your very subtle hints, I'm going to guess that your next step is to leave the Magic Kingdom, go to Epcot, and ride Living with the Land repeatedly.

It's brilliant insights like that that make me a top notch analyst :thumbsup2
TOTALLY! You're onto me! And here I was thinking that my hints were way too subtle!
In actuality, you might not be able to comprehend the amount of times we really did right Living with the Land on this trip. Sorry for the spoiler.

I'm so disorganized, I could really use a system like yours. Or any of yours systems, really. :scratchin Actually, what I really need is you. Wanna come over help me figure out a system to organize my gazillion papers and have them STAY organized? :faint: :upsidedow

I love that your TR is so detailed. Details make it seem more real, and help the TR last longer. I hate when TRs end.

Arrrrr, I can't for the life of me guess wharrrrrrre you could be heading next... pirate:
Sounds like a vacation invite to me!!:cool1:
Rest assured, this TR is going to last a loooooooong time!
Next update should be arrrrrrrrriving soonpirate:!

Your box system sounds genius! I know how bad it can be to have five adults in one tiny room (last December haha) but I can imagine it would be more difficult when you have to deal with lots of baby AND adult things!

SIX hours of video? That's awesome. You did so much better than me! :rotfl:

Ugh... I'm sorry, but Disney and secondhand smoke do not mix. Ick. Ick ick ick.

YAY PIRATES LEAGUE! I'm so excited to hear about this. :thumbsup2
I loved the box system for sure. Baby/toddler/kid stuff is SO OVERWHELMING! I swear that if it were just Brandon and me, we'd have half a suitcase full and survive just fine. Instead, we have the entire back of our van, PLUS a rental stroller. Insane. Next time I hope to pack much less, but I've said that before and then it turned out it was all just a big lie I told myself to make myself feel better.
We haven't even seen all the video, so I can't promise the whole six hours is quality or anything:rolleyes2, but it should definitely be enough to make a good trip video!
No. Secondhand smoke is decidedly UNmagical.
So you arrrrrrrre ready for Pirates League!?!pirate:

What a great start to the day! Other than the smoke of course. I get really sick from smoke, and it's so bad that I can smell it from the car next to me even if our windows are down.:crazy2:

I need to get a GAC when we go (in 2.5 days :cheer2:) because my son has ADHD and SPD and can't handle a lot of crowds and people. He is good in small groups, large groups make him nervous and he flips out. He's been known to hit, bite, scream, throw things...and he doesn't remember any of it after. I am perfectly fine with things being slower for us, as long as we can have a good time and actually enjoy ourselves instead of trying to diffuse situations.

I can't wait to see more pics!
That is totally Brynn and totally how I felt about it. Our wait times were no faster (and sometimes slower, truth be told), but our waiting experience and the fewer amounts of meltdowns as compared to past trips was just wonderful! We were more relaxed on this trip than ever before, even compared to trips when we had an extra hand to help. Get it. It will be more than worth it. We used it the most for her sensory issues, when she was just getting to "that point" that we could tell she was about to be overwhelmed, and we were able to calm her down WHILE waiting in line instead of the opposite. I'll be sure to include all the line info as I remember it.

*Expletive!* I can't believe I'm so far behind!!! I'm so sorry!

Going back to read and get caught up.

All caught up and loving it!

I feel such a kinship with you reading about your lists and systems. Really. I can almost feel Bryan roll his eyes when I say "I have an idea for reorganizing this. I'll just need to make a trip to Target"

It's late, I'm commenting on the most random things. I also have a teeny tiny bladder. Totally understand.

Boo for a long walk to OPR! How disappointing!

Loving the pics so far, and can't wait to see the rest of them :goodvibes
"I'll just need to make a trip to Target." Some of my favorite words, and the ones that elicit a big old eye roll from Brandon!
Yay for lists and tiny bladders! (<---add that to my list of things I never thought I'd say)

I love you TR already:banana: back to reading
:goodvibesThanks! Glad to have you reading along!

I can never sleep in Disney World either! The excitement of it all just takes over. :goodvibes

How great is that box system you used?! I bet that made things so much easier.

I've never used those bathrooms at the TTC, but now I'm going to have to make a point to stop there. I've used the bathrooms at Target plenty of times, so I know what smell you're talking about.

Sounds like yall had a wonderful morning at MK! That's awesome that you & Brynn both loved Big Thunder! :cool1:
I am like the official advocate and head of PR for the TTC bathrooms. You'll love them, especially first thing in the morning. Isn't that smell wonderful!?!

Teeny tiney bladders unite! I knew I liked Target bathrooms, I just hadn't made the connection yet. My husband and I sometimes drink Starbucks Vias just because the smell reminds us of DW, any way to get a Disney fix is okay!

Love your picture effects and I've added bubbles to my list! MORE please:)
See, that's why I'm here--to help people make connections and realize the magic that's around them...in restrooms, even, if need be...
Starbucks Via?? Okay, now I need a trip to Target to check that out...and to make a restroom stop...:scratchin

I'm here I'm here!! TR is awesome so far!!! The pictures are great!!!!! Can't wait to read more!!! That stinks you were in Martinique but still had a long walk to Old Port Royal.. I'm sure it was still closer than our walk from Aruba!! Although I think we all enjoyed the walk over Caribbean Cay!
I think we wouldn't have minded the walk as much if we got to cross Caribbean Cay during it!

Hi There,

I'm new to your TRs, but very excited to join in! You have such a lovely family, and I'm a mom to an oh-so-two year old, so I can relate! ;)

I LOVE the idea of box organization! I may have to steal it and use it for our next trip. Its 6 months away, but I'm already getting panicky about how much stuff I'll have to bring with a little baby and toddler. DH thinks we should somehow be able to fit everything into one suitcase, so he gets really grumpy about too much stuff. Maybe better organization will help!

I think your main street photos are awesome! I'm really interested to hear where you are going next!
One suitcase with a baby and toddler??? If you do that, I'll give you a gold medal and a shiny star and beg for advice! But seriously, use the box idea. They fold flat and are kind of flimsy, so they weigh nothing, but they hold SO MUCH. Do it.

WOW... I admire your ability to get your whole family out the door that early. I have trouble getting MYSELF up and at 'em that early. Even at Disney.

I totally know what you mean about the bathroom cleaner. I also LOVE it. They don't use it at my local Target, but they DO use it at Whole Foods! So I go in there and take a GIANT WHIFF and then get all teary eyed. I'm a weirdo... FYI. But you probably know that from reading my TRs. ;)
Uhm...this was the first morning...nobody said it was consistant...
WHOLE FOODS. I need to check there...cause that's normal, right??
You wouldn't be so wonderful if you weren't also wonderfully weird.::yes::

My family always jokes about how we can tell someone where every bathroom is in any Disney park :)

I love that Julia loves to watch Stacey, and even has that show memorized...does she quote her while she's in the parks? :thumbsup2

Your pictures are SO beautiful, I love seeing everything so early in the morning, before the parks are open and there are tons of people around!

Love that you are more excited than the kids, that is totally going to be me when I have kids and bring them to Disney! :cool1:

Can't wait to read more!

Real life update time!

It is Fall, y'all! This is my favorite season by a long shot, and we try to take in as many Fall activities and traditions as possible. We eat a lot of soups and stews. We pick apples. We don't think twice about downing an entire pumpkin pie (each). And...

we go to the pumpkin patch:cool1:!

I'm not gonna lie to you; I kind of used to hate the whole ordeal. The pumpkin patch in town was the ONLY one in town, and because of that it was huge and always very crowded. Then last year, some people about two seconds from my in-laws opened up a tiny little patch to the public. I'm not sure if people just haven't found out about it yet or if they just stick to their old ways and habits, but it's never crowded and has all the great attractions of the big one--hay ride, bounce house, face painting, photo ops, boiled peanuts, cider, and pumpkins, of course!

It's a little off-topic, but I thought I'd share some of our Fall Fun with you!

A family of five on a tractor...that's normal, right?
77522_10100445843992093_1499958216_o.jpg

Well, around here it's not too out-of-the-ordinary.

The kids had some chocolate-covered rice crispie treats on sticks, though they weren't nearly as yummy as the Disney version. (The bigger boy is their cousin.)
665436_10100445836192723_2074117347_o.jpg

Family hay ride!! With not much hay. They had nice, clean, non-itchy benches, and I was just fine with that!
472113_10100445831711703_1877110779_o.jpg

We had a wagon full of pumpkins and a wagon full of cute children:goodvibes.
622302_10100445841651783_123852330_o.jpg

This year we decided not to carve our pumpkins, but paint them instead. I have pretty much zero artistic ability, but gave it a shot nonetheless. Care to guess what the kids chose??

HELLOOOOOOOOO, HUMANS:lmao:!
IMG_0514_zps331cf8bd.jpg

Marty, Mike, and Sully!!
They LOVE the pumpkins, and I have to admit that seeing them each day puts a smile on my face! Most people probably won't recognize Marty, but he's cute no matter what!

So, off-topic, but not terribly so! We don't have much more in the way of decorations, except our light-up Mickey pumpkin and some foam craft creations the kids made, but I love how cozy our home feels this time of year!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled trip report:hmghost:...

You had me at boiled peanuts and cider. :)

Those are some great pics of the family! Love the pumpkins.

Jill in CO

I have done that before with the alarm, not being able to turn it off or turning it on louder while everyone else is asleep. Did not endear me to anyone. :laughing:

Hey, no judgement here. The Disney obsession is strong in all of us. It just comes out in different ways in different people. :lmao:

That's really great that you were able to get the GAC and that the CM was so nice about it. We visited Cedar Point one year and my friend who has a muscle disorder and is in a wheelchair was basically drilled regarding why she needed it. Clearly, this CM knew what the correct approach is.

I love those pumpkins!! They're awesome!!!!!

Yall are just the cutest little family. I love it.

Oh my gosh, those pumpkins are genius. That's such a good idea! I'm so freaking squeamish that I tend to get grossed out while carving pumpkins... painting them would be much less gross! Seriously, not sure why I've never thought of that before... :laughing:

I'm right there with you! I just love everything about the Fall! :goodvibes

That's such a good family picture of yall by the tractor!

MONSTERS INC PUMPKINS!!! How cool is that?! We're huge Sully & Mike fans in this house. Jake would love to make pumpkins like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter