Is Victoria & Alberts truly worth it?

We haven't done the chef's table, but we did eat in the Queen Victoria room and it was unbelievable. That being said, if you don't really appreciate food, you won't feel like you get your money's worth. After our meal, one of our group actually said "that was good, but I really could've just had a good hamburger". She didn't appreciate it, so she didn't enjoy it or at least didn't think it was good value. Nothing wrong with her opinion, just realize if you are happy with a hamburger or pasta, you probably aren't going to enjoy it.

Also, despite the pictures and the apparently small portions, we were so stuffed before dessert that we basically had to force ourselves to eat dessert. We ordered a few different things, but struggled to share because it was so good.

We won't do it every year, but our hope is to make it to the chef's table in the near future.

The 10 courses were so filling that when they brought out the homemade chocolates after the 2nd dessert course (yeah you read that right) and asked "what would the bride like?" I replied "a box" as I was too stuffed for even chocolates so now my family laugh at me any time I might want a box as "the bride would like a box"

We did V&As Chef's Table for our wedding dinner with 10 (not sure why a previous poster was unable to book for 8) and it was the most memorable, spectacular meal of my and my family's lives!

When I booked, I told them the number was a little fluid--3 for sure, but possibly 4. They took all 4 names as its easier to decrease than increase the number eating. The CM who booked us warned that if it turned into a large party, it couldn't automatically be guaranteed. She explained that it's up to 10, but the number of people in the dining rooms and the fire code affect how many can sit at the chefs table on any given night.

We had V&A (party of 8 in the Victorian room.... too big a party for the Chef's table :() during our Jan visit. It is a once in a lifetime experience. Amongst the most expensive meal we have ever had, but totally worth it. Please note "value" is subjective, but the food there is unique and VERY tasty. Memories will last forever. Since this is a grand meal, here are some things that might make your evening extra special (did for us)
1> Dress for the occasion. You could dress is business casuals, but for a place and the occasion, make it memorable.
2> LOTS of places in the Grand Floridian for beautiful pictures, specially if you guys are decked out.
3> Take pictures of the food. You will also get your personalized menus to take home with you.
4> The service, food and ambiance is something that will be seared in your memory forever. For us, that was well worth the price.

We did the main dining room for our honeymoon in 2013 and then the Queen Vic room for our anniversary last year. Both meals were incredible and the service is beyond anything you've ever experienced. So, so worth it. And just a tip, you can split a wine pairing so the two of you each get three glasses of wine instead of six. Here's a trip report chapter link from our 2013 meal (I haven't gotten there yet for the 2014 trip report):

A Meal of a Lifetime

I was glad we started with the main dining room first, that way we could truly appreciate how special the Queen Vic room was. Our meal in the Queen Vic room was truly spectacular. Each of the 10 courses was more amazing than the last, and the meal was perfectly paced. There are four tables in the Queen Vic room, and all four reservations are staggered so no two meals are eating the same thing at the same time. Here's a pic of all our courses that night.

View attachment 81286

We haven't done the chef's table, but we did eat in the Queen Victoria room and it was unbelievable. That being said, if you don't really appreciate food, you won't feel like you get your money's worth. After our meal, one of our group actually said "that was good, but I really could've just had a good hamburger". She didn't appreciate it, so she didn't enjoy it or at least didn't think it was good value. Nothing wrong with her opinion, just realize if you are happy with a hamburger or pasta, you probably aren't going to enjoy it.

Also, despite the pictures and the apparently small portions, we were so stuffed before dessert that we basically had to force ourselves to eat dessert. We ordered a few different things, but struggled to share because it was so good.

We won't do it every year, but our hope is to make it to the chef's table in the near future.

The 10 courses were so filling that when they brought out the homemade chocolates after the 2nd dessert course (yeah you read that right) and asked "what would the bride like?" I replied "a box" as I was too stuffed for even chocolates so now my family laugh at me any time I might want a box as "the bride would like a box"

We dined in the Queen Victoria room for our 25th Anniversary & it was worth every penny. ::yes::

I have an ADR for the Queen Victoria room on fathers day and you all have me so excited and looking forward to this evening. I rarely get so pumped up for a dining experience at Disney (not a basher of Disney food, overall I like it) I'm sure I will leave blown away from the experience at V&A though. :banana:

First off let me say that our dinner at V & A was an amazing experience. DH and I had dinner in the main dining room on my 40th birthday. The service was wonderful and the food was the best we have ever had. With add ons and tip it totaled $600 for the two of us. (Add ons: 1 up charge for turbot, 1 wine pairing for DH, and tasting of both kinds of Kobe beef) It was a very special night to say the least. Now I would hesitate to book it again but only due to the cost. Let me say I believe that the price for what we had was beyond fair and in no way was the dinner over priced. But for me $600 for one meal for two people is hard to wrap my mind around. So needless to say the dinner was very extravagant for us. But surprisingly my DH (who didn't want to eat there in the first place) said he would definitely do it again. (He's not the suit jacket type and he's not fond of long leisurely dinners.) If you can afford it, it's a fantastic experience. Even if you can't afford it it's still magical! I am happy to have had the experience. And if DH twists my arm we will probably be back.
On this same trip we ate at California Grille. And while it isn't fair to compare the two restaurants it was a great meal. I would say it was the second best meal we had the entire trip just behind V & A's. But this is an apples vs. oranges situation.

Goofy4prez I will be there on Fathers Day too which is my birthday! What time is your reservation? Mine is at 8:30! Woo hoo!

My fiancée and I dined there the day after our anniversary, and the day after he proposed to me! It was such an amazing meal, and we both loved it. I was a little worried about it being 7 courses (I don't eat huge amounts) but it's nicely spread out, and the portions aren't the standard American sized portions. Yea, I felt truly stuffed at the end, but I did manage to eat every last bite, which surprised me.
Both my fiancée and I would absolutely love to dine at the chef's table at some point. Fingers crossed for our honeymoon next year!

Whenever anyone asks me this question I just tell them I proposed their. Think that speaks enough for what I think of the place.

I made reservations for Victoria and Alberts for my birthday for my fiancé and I. I wonder if it is truly worth it considering the price or should I opt for California Grill or maybe even the new Four Seasons?

Hands down yes - V&A's is worth it. We've only done the chef's table there but have done it 3 times. Each time we have done the wine pairing with the food and occasionally opt for an up charge option of caviar. If you decide to not spend the cash at V&A, don't change to Cali Grill. If you change, go with Jiko, Citrico's, or the Four Seasons.

Goofy4prez I will be there on Fathers Day too which is my birthday! What time is your reservation? Mine is at 8:30! Woo hoo!

Since we are going to be in the Queen Victoria Room we made our ADR for 6:15. It may be a little early for us but from what I have read its going to be at least a 3 hour experience; Because of this we made an earlier time. I'm sure we will still be there at 8:30. Feel free if you see me to say hi, I love meeting folks from the DIS. My avatar is my real mug shot.

P.S. By the way, welcome to the DIS. This place is great and has helped me so much since my first Disney vacation in 2008. I have also been so fortunate to meet so many fellow DIS'ers while in WDW over these past 7 years and some I call friends.

Last edited:
I made reservations for Victoria and Alberts for my birthday for my fiancé and I. I wonder if it is truly worth it considering the price or should I opt for California Grill or maybe even the new Four Seasons?

My husband and I thought it was worth it. We have also dined at two separate restaurants in Virginia with high tabs in our 16 years of marriage. It is an enjoyable splurge and obviously not something we do often.

Worth will depend on you. Some would absolutely cringe at the price and I don't blame them.

But if you feel you have the money to splurge, I feel it is worth splurging for at least once. I am hoping we can splurge again. Someday.

Since we are going to be in the Queen Victoria Room we made our ADR for 6:15. It may be a little early for us but from what I have read its going to be at least a 3 hour experience; Because of this we made an earlier time. I'm sure we will still be there at 8:30. Feel free if you see me to say hi, I love meeting folks from the DIS. My avatar is my real mug shot.

P.S. By the way, welcome to the DIS. This place is great and has helped me so much since my first Disney vacation in 2008. I have also been so fortunate to meet so many fellow DIS'ers while in WDW over these past 7 years and some I call friends.
Thank you so much! I thought I may like the earlier time however we may go right to bed after that big meal lol! If I see you I will definitely say hi! Have a great time!

And just a tip, you can split a wine pairing so the two of you each get three glasses of wine instead of six.

Pssssstttt....Missyrose, she's from New Jersey! :joker: (I am too...)

Yes, go for it. Been twice. Really enjoyed both experiences. I feel they put the value in the offerings at V & A, including stellar, but warm, not stiff, service. Very lovely!

Pssssstttt....Missyrose, she's from New Jersey! :joker: (I am too...)

Yes, go for it. Been twice. Really enjoyed both experiences. I feel they put the value in the offerings at V & A, including stellar, but warm, not stiff, service. Very lovely!
Aw thank you my fellow Jersey girl hehe!

Vikkililybee that's amazing! Did you do the wine pairing?

No, we didn't do the wine pairing, it was just a little out of our price range. We had a bottle of Banfi Rosa Regale though, which we both adore! If I remember correctly, my fiancée did upgrade the meat course. Can't remember if he got the Kobe or the slight less expensive upgrade option. I'd have to go and grab our menus to check. It was back in 2011 after all!
One of things I loved most was actually the breads and their butters! Yes yes, the rest of the food was amazing, but those butters were beyond anything!

I feel they put the value in the offerings at V & A, including stellar, but warm, not stiff, service. Very lovely!

Talking of the service, I was actually a cast member myself when we dined there, a server at the Rose and Crown, so I got chatting with the servers on a professional level. The joke about one of them needing to die for a job opening to come up is actually very near to the truth! The kind of people who work there very rarely retire! He also said that if you wanted to be the best server on property, you'd aim to work there... but if you wanted to earn the most money you wouldn't, you're better off working at a character buffet location like chef mickey's. Personally, I found this fascinating!

No, we didn't do the wine pairing, it was just a little out of our price range. We had a bottle of Banfi Rosa Regale though, which we both adore! If I remember correctly, my fiancée did upgrade the meat course. Can't remember if he got the Kobe or the slight less expensive upgrade option. I'd have to go and grab our menus to check. It was back in 2011 after all!
One of things I loved most was actually the breads and their butters! Yes yes, the rest of the food was amazing, but those butters were beyond anything!

Talking of the service, I was actually a cast member myself when we dined there, a server at the Rose and Crown, so I got chatting with the servers on a professional level. The joke about one of them needing to die for a job opening to come up is actually very near to the truth! The kind of people who work there very rarely retire! He also said that if you wanted to be the best server on property, you'd aim to work there... but if you wanted to earn the most money you wouldn't, you're better off working at a character buffet location like chef mickey's. Personally, I found this fascinating!

Oh yum thank you! I am so looking forward to go! Those butters sound divine!

It's an experience that will last a lifetime. Top 3 greatest meal I've ever eaten. It is totally worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter