Is Victoria & Alberts truly worth it?

jerseygirlmk

Mouseketeer
I made reservations for Victoria and Alberts for my birthday for my fiancé and I. I wonder if it is truly worth it considering the price or should I opt for California Grill or maybe even the new Four Seasons?

There is certainly worth to be had and V&A's earns its pricetag with its five diamond rating (one of only three in Florida) which tells you that the quality is inarguably top-tier. If you're the kind of couple who can sit down to a lavish meal and enjoy the experience, it sounds truly worth it.

We had V&A (party of 8 in the Victorian room.... too big a party for the Chef's table :() during our Jan visit. It is a once in a lifetime experience. Amongst the most expensive meal we have ever had, but totally worth it. Please note "value" is subjective, but the food there is unique and VERY tasty. Memories will last forever. Since this is a grand meal, here are some things that might make your evening extra special (did for us)
1> Dress for the occasion. You could dress is business casuals, but for a place and the occasion, make it memorable.
2> LOTS of places in the Grand Floridian for beautiful pictures, specially if you guys are decked out.
3> Take pictures of the food. You will also get your personalized menus to take home with you.
4> The service, food and ambiance is something that will be seared in your memory forever. For us, that was well worth the price.

There are currently 46 restaurants in the US with a Five Diamond rating from AAA; V&A is one of them. And if you look at pricing, it is very low compared to most of the others.

I hope so as we booked the chef's table on our trip to celebrate DD22's college graduation. It seems soooo expensive to me, but we're foodies and I think it will be a once in a lifetime experience. And besides, for DD to go from hs dropout to college graduate in the past few years has me really wanting to celebrate! pixiedust:

It is the most amazing experience ever! Go......you won't regret it for a minute!

It depends on how much you are willing to spend for a meal. Absolutely, without question, you will have a fabulous meal. If any restaurant is worth the price it is. If you are comfortable with the price then go for it. If not, buy a car instead.

We did the main dining room for our honeymoon in 2013 and then the Queen Vic room for our anniversary last year. Both meals were incredible and the service is beyond anything you've ever experienced. So, so worth it. And just a tip, you can split a wine pairing so the two of you each get three glasses of wine instead of six. Here's a trip report chapter link from our 2013 meal (I haven't gotten there yet for the 2014 trip report):

A Meal of a Lifetime

We did the main dining room for our honeymoon in 2013 and then the Queen Vic room for our anniversary last year. Both meals were incredible and the service is beyond anything you've ever experienced. So, so worth it. And just a tip, you can split a wine pairing so the two of you each get three glasses of wine instead of six. Here's a trip report chapter link from our 2013 meal (I haven't gotten there yet for the 2014 trip report):

A Meal of a Lifetime

Missyrose, my lady friend and I booked the Queen Victoria Room. It'll be our first time at Victoria & Albert's, and first time at WDW. Is there a preference that you have? I decided on the QVR, but wasn't sure if the main dining room was the way to go. Price isn't an issue. Kind of want to know which you prefer and why. Thank you!

We did V&As Chef's Table for our wedding dinner with 10 (not sure why a previous poster was unable to book for 8) and it was the most memorable, spectacular meal of my and my family's lives!

Missyrose, my lady friend and I booked the Queen Victoria Room. It'll be our first time at Victoria & Albert's, and first time at WDW. Is there a preference that you have? I decided on the QVR, but wasn't sure if the main dining room was the way to go. Price isn't an issue. Kind of want to know which you prefer and why. Thank you!

Wow thank you missyrose! I would love to know which room may be better as well! Please share.

I was glad we started with the main dining room first, that way we could truly appreciate how special the Queen Vic room was. Our meal in the Queen Vic room was truly spectacular. Each of the 10 courses was more amazing than the last, and the meal was perfectly paced. There are four tables in the Queen Vic room, and all four reservations are staggered so no two meals are eating the same thing at the same time. Here's a pic of all our courses that night.

queenvic.jpg

We haven't done the chef's table, but we did eat in the Queen Victoria room and it was unbelievable. That being said, if you don't really appreciate food, you won't feel like you get your money's worth. After our meal, one of our group actually said "that was good, but I really could've just had a good hamburger". She didn't appreciate it, so she didn't enjoy it or at least didn't think it was good value. Nothing wrong with her opinion, just realize if you are happy with a hamburger or pasta, you probably aren't going to enjoy it.

Also, despite the pictures and the apparently small portions, we were so stuffed before dessert that we basically had to force ourselves to eat dessert. We ordered a few different things, but struggled to share because it was so good.

We won't do it every year, but our hope is to make it to the chef's table in the near future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!