Is TODAY the big day for The Big ME?

Bstanley

DisNoid
The Disney board meets today.

Ostensibly to decide how to reduce the number of directors.

Is it possible that more is afoot? Will The Big ME be sandbagged by disgruntled directors? Will there be new faces in the Annual report picture for 2003? Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of As the Mouse Turns.

Seriously - it smells like we are still early in the second act of this particular little corporate drama - but are there any rumors that would give we DISers hope for an early resolution? And perhaps more importantly - a resolution that involves people who will do 'the right thing'?

Did anyone else notice how Scoop said that "Eisner is not getting bagged today", instead of "No one is getting bagged today"?

Hmmm...interesting....

Maybe Paul will be sent packing! ;-)

Ummmm....reducing the directors from 16 to 12...how do you determine which of the 16 goes? Couldn't this whole mess turn to Eisner's advantage?

Another possibility is someone gets promoted to heir apparent.

No matter who is in charge over the next two years I think I'm going to get the shaft as a consumer to satisfy me as a shareholder. I suspect that's one of the schizophrenic factors Eisner has been missing/the question Disney failed to ask...are we pissing off our shareholders because they are customers?

There's kind of a double-edged sword in play here. We want Disney to succeed as a company (both in their content/product/service and in their share price) but it may be difficult to do both in short order. Is the Board mainly concerned about the stock price or the direction of the company or both? It's plain to see that any half-way decent turnaround in the parks/with ABC/with movies is going to take some time. This success is what ultimately will lead to a bolster in stock price. Is the board willing to wait it out with or without ME?

I don't know. These are just questions that pop in my mind.

Maybe ME isn't getting canned today, but will he and if/when he does will their be patience on the investors/wall streets part to execute the kind of turnaround Disney needs?

Now we can hope he gets"bagged"!!!
That would be a postive sign which there are few of lately(except of course for the movie).

There's an interesting article on Jim Hill's site today that discusses whether or not ME's proposed changes are for real or just for show.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/newarticles/singles/bigears.html

On another front, The New York Post reported today that Michael Eisner has a year to whip Disney into shape — or find himself another job. The Post cited a source close to the Disney board of directors, who stated that the board will give Eisner 12 months to turn things around at the media company before talking job termination.

Bstanley,

Hows about:

As the Walt Spins

Because that's probably what he is doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter