Is this Vegas trip weird?

Albort

ODV Crew
So my friend invited me to go to vegas with them. They plan to go for 4 days. Thing is, it happens to be labor day weekend and its super duper expensive on that sat-sun. hotels all like double their price.

Would it be weird to travel from Anaheim --> Vegas by myself(and back) only to avoid staying there the last day? Im also a night driver(i love driving at night) and probably would leave Sun morning at 1am(being awake from like 10am).

I also plan to get my own hotel room too as i like enjoying a room by myself without a crap load of ppl in it.

Edit: Well, I guess I shouldn't say weird. Perhaps I should use the word crazy...
Also, do u think its better to book somewhere else like strip side vs where your friends are booked? (non strip side)

Crazy? Depends, of course. I love driving back at night. I almost always leave Vegas after 11PM for the drive back. No traffic.

No it is not weird, I find having my own room and driving myself may stay away from conflicts. That way I come and go when I choose. If you do not want on the strip, but still close , I stay at the desert rose, which is right behind the tropicana and hooters. They are one and two bedrooms, pool , jacuzzi, free breakfast , gym and laundry room. It is all gated as well.

Desert Rose wasn't gated when we stayed there. Is that a recent addition, it's been about 3 years since we stayed there. We own with Shell so we are able to stay there for basically nothing. :)

I don't think it's weird at all, I think it's what you're comfortable with and you should do it. We stay off the strip for a variety of reasons, not just because it's our timeshare. :)

Lol, goin there, I'm gonna get a person to carpool. Comin back, I discussed it with a family member. It would be a good excuse to take of from a drinking scene since I don't drink. If I can't make it, gonna stop in Barstow and stay there for $60.

Can't wait! 23 days to go! :). Thanks for all Ur feedback!

Desert Rose wasn't gated when we stayed there. Is that a recent addition, it's been about 3 years since we stayed there. We own with Shell so we are able to stay there for basically nothing. :)

I don't think it's weird at all, I think it's what you're comfortable with and you should do it. We stay off the strip for a variety of reasons, not just because it's our timeshare. :)

I also have shell for a time share, we bought in 08 , it has been gated since we have been there. Are you meaning the place for the parking or the room area. The rooms are gated not the parking. I love it there. When do you usually stay there?

Lol, goin there, I'm gonna get a person to carpool. Comin back, I discussed it with a family member. It would be a good excuse to take of from a drinking scene since I don't drink. If I can't make it, gonna stop in Barstow and stay there for $60.

Can't wait! 23 days to go! :). Thanks for all Ur feedback!

You don't have to drink to enjoy Vegas, it's fun either way. :) Sometimes it can be more fun to be the sober one.....LOL

I also have shell for a time share, we bought in 08 , it has been gated since we have been there. Are you meaning the place for the parking or the room area. The rooms are gated not the parking. I love it there. When do you usually stay there?

Ah, that's where I'm confused, I was reading your post as the whole thing is gated not just the rooms. Yes, it was like that when we were there too. We bought in 2005 or 2006, I can't remember which now. :) We've only been to Vegas a couple of times, we actually own with Shell in Vegas and we also with the Grandview in Vegas. We go every couple of years, the time of year varies though, depending on what we have going on that year. Have you stayed in other Shell resorts?

You don't have to drink to enjoy Vegas, it's fun either way. :) Sometimes it can be more fun to be the sober one.....LOL

Ah, that's where I'm confused, I was reading your post as the whole thing is gated not just the rooms. Yes, it was like that when we were there too. We bought in 2005 or 2006, I can't remember which now. :) We've only been to Vegas a couple of times, we actually own with Shell in Vegas and we also with the Grandview in Vegas. We go every couple of years, the time of year varies though, depending on what we have going on that year. Have you stayed in other Shell resorts?

No, we own formally in Frisco , but we use it every other year for the points and stay there the other years as we usually go for golfing tournaments. We either go in June or Aug. That would be fun to have a meet there!

Definitely but im not about to be a babysitter, lol. Besides, i dont know if i want to pay $150 just to sleep till 10am and leave at 11am. Might as well save the $150 and buy some yummy food! :P

I wouldn't want to babysit or be responsible for anyone. I may have a glass of wine or beer. But I can only handle one drink.:lmao:

I wouldn't want to babysit or be responsible for anyone. I may have a glass of wine or beer. But I can only handle one drink.:lmao:

haha, ill drink stick with drinking socially but pretend to be drunk! XD

Looks like my plan got scraped. Got a rate that took my total down by $70. $260 for 3 night isnt bad. $77 a night.

No, we own formally in Frisco , but we use it every other year for the points and stay there the other years as we usually go for golfing tournaments. We either go in June or Aug. That would be fun to have a meet there!

It would be fun, I'll have to let you know when we go back. :) Do you own wtih RCI then? We own with Shell and RCI.

Definitely but im not about to be a babysitter, lol. Besides, i dont know if i want to pay $150 just to sleep till 10am and leave at 11am. Might as well save the $150 and buy some yummy food! :P

haha, ill drink stick with drinking socially but pretend to be drunk! XD

Looks like my plan got scraped. Got a rate that took my total down by $70. $260 for 3 night isnt bad. $77 a night.

I love it....LOL I totally hear the money thing, I'm glad you found something cheaper!!

We own with shell. They took away the exchange program with RCI, it was my way in order for exchaing to go to WDW. But we now have something else besides shell, which is even better. Yea, let me know if you are ever going to be there.

Yes, Shell works with II instead of RCI now. But it's weird because Shell properties still show up on RCI's website.

I love it....LOL I totally hear the money thing, I'm glad you found something cheaper!!

yeah, still iffy on the last day...
$33 first day
$60 2nd day
$146 3rd day.

plans keep changing, lol. but for the good. watching show at 9:30, get out 11, start driving... i originally though i would be there till like 3am.

Only thing that sucks now is that no hotel room to chill between 11am-->9:30pm. :( Guess ill have to figure something out on if i should keep my room just for this point or not...

Can you share a room with friends that last day? If I was going at the same time I'd let you hang in my room if you wanted to. :)

Can you share a room with friends that last day? If I was going at the same time I'd let you hang in my room if you wanted to. :)

yeah, except they wake up at 2pm... :( means i got 2 hours to kill! haha, guess ill go feed fishes at lake Mead...

That might be OK, you could also go to the Red Rocks and drive through there, so pretty!

That might be OK, you could also go to the Red Rocks and drive through there, so pretty!

that doesnt sound like a bad idea... looks like just outside vegas and a short drive there... i will definitely keep that in mind!

thanks pixiewings71!

You are very welcome :)
We did that when we were there in April, we thought it was gorgeous and a great way to "waste" a couple of hours. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter