Is this true?

Eddygirl

Mouseketeer
Quoted from Hydroguys thread........

According to MiceAge note today...

Quote:
EDITOR’S NOTE 10/2:The first Halloween party last Friday brought record evening crowds, with DCA in particular swelling to 35,000 people inside that park by 9 PM. Those are epic numbers only seen before at DCA in June for the Cars Land debut. In response, TDA will now extend DCA hours out to Midnight on all remaining Friday's in Oct. While Disney cut the smaller Employee Holiday Party on far less busy weekdays in early December, they're going to great lengths to keep the profitable Halloween events going on packed Friday nights. The CM's working with these huge October crowds and extended hours no longer believe the corporate spin on why the 57 year old Holiday Party tradition was canceled.- Al Lutz

****I did not want to hijack Hydro Guys thread. :)

Is this true? Is it weird this makes me kinda angry? The cast members are wonderful. They really made our trip this past month. They are one of the key components as to what sets Disney apart from other theme parks.

Maybe I do not have the whole story or all the information, but please, Disney, treat your cast members well. They deserve it!

We should write to Disney and ask them to keep the holiday party for CMs. Anyone know where to send the letters to?

yaya74 said:
We should write to Disney and ask them to keep the holiday party for CMs. Anyone know where to send the letters to?

Great idea, although I'm not sure where we'd send it to.

It just rubs me the wrong way.

Just seems like a small minded greedy thing for Disney to do. Like in National Lampoon's Christmas vacation.... When the big boss takes away the Christmas bonuses and replaces with the jelly of the month club! LOL!!!!

I am willing to pay a lot of money to go to DLR, pay the admission prices, spend my money in the parks because I get that it takes money, a lot of money, to pull off what Disney does. I really do appreciate that. But reading this tarnished some of that feeling. KWIM?

We were there last week and I'm a long time reader of Al's. We've been every couple years since we got married in 1999, and I gotta say cast morale was down this time. I actually was told about the cancellation of the party by one cast member :( Apparently at some point they lost their holiday discount as well. We were also sitting next to some people at Carnation Cafe that I'm sure worked for Disney in some regard who were talking about the pressure to be willing to re-locate if they wanted their careers to be moved forward. You can really really feel that Disneyland is no longer controlled locally which I found sad.

I just know that the halloween party was crazy busy and the rides were longer than I had seen during the day. There were postings everywhere saying the party was sold out but they were selling tickets to everyone leaving the park that night inside the park.

I don't understand why they cut the employee party. That's just mean.

You can really really feel that Disneyland is no longer controlled locally which I found sad.
Yes, there are apparently a lot of things that are no longer controlled locally, even the lights in some location are controlled from Florida (no, I am not exaggerating).

The signals for the trains that tell them when it's safe for the next train to proceed are also controlled through Florida. I only know this because we ended up going the day their computer systems went down (unbeknownst to us, just some friends were there) and they were only running one train because there were no signals. Apparently the server in Florida is what went out.

Now, I understand needing to communicate with Florida server to check validity of Premier passes and such, but not for every single detail, it just slows things down a lot.

Bottom line is Disneyland should be run by executives out here, and Disney World by executives out there, they are two different parks and things work differently on each coast, this should be embraced.

If anyone figures out the best person to write to to help the CMs get their parties back, let us know as I am sure all of us would be more than willing to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter