Is this too much to spend on dinner? My friend says so.

Just go without her. Seriously plan one day to have a to yourself day and do dinner alone. Please. Seriously. I promise on a trip like this and the way you live your life to go on vacation you will regret it as soon as you board your flight and forever wishing you had went.

With that it in mind it seems to me that what would be truly wasteful would be to spend 2 or 3 thousand dollars and 2 weeks vacation (which is frankly worth more to me than the money) to go all the way to Paris and then not do the things you dreamed about doing there.

@Eluna - I agree with this. Go and have the meal you want. You should be able to work it out with your friend.

Wow, one meal at less than $100 at Paris Disney - I don't call that expensive.

I think" expensive" is a relative term. I'm not a spa person, so to me those services seem expensive. However to someone who enjoys that sort of thing, it might be a bargain. Now for good food, it's money well spent. For a difference of $30, I would do what makes you happy.

It is definitely not irresponsible to spend that much on a nice meal since you have the money, that's actually really on the low side for a nice meal!

Unsolicited life advice: Your friend started off expressing her surprise you'd spend that much on a meal and that's ok, you're friends so definitely be honest- but then she pushed it way too far by judging you for doing so. In judging you she elevated herself over you because she would never be that "irresponsible". She put you down so she could build herself up. This is a red flag to your friendship just in general, you should be able to enjoy yourself in your friend's presence without wondering if they are judging every single penny you spend. Her actions have now robbed you of joy from your trip and your trip hasn't even started. To me it's not even that you aren't going to the restaurant, it's that when you want that ice cream, or you want to add that appetizer, you'll always think "am I being irresponsible? is she going to judge me again?". And sadly judgement is a 2-way street. You'll probably see her purchasing stuff now and you won't be able to help but think to yourself "and you think I was being irresponsible?"

If that was TLDR: her actions are going to have bad long-lasting impacts on your friendship even outside of this trip :(

Whether it's expensive or not is relative to the person who is spending the money and the priority that person has made for that purchase. Despite that, when I go on vacation I like to splurge sometimes and I would likely splurge on this since I would be wondering if I would ever make it back here. You never know what life throws at you...enjoy it when you have the opportunity to do so! Enjoy your trip to Paris. It's a FUN city!

Our flights were around $500 each, round trip. Believe it or not, this trip is falling within budget LOL. It's just the meal that she had a huge problem with.

My daughter went to Paris over the summer for a summer program and her round trip tickets were 521.00- it is not that expensive to go to Paris at all. But she did find the food there very expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter