Is This Right???

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I called CRO this morning to change my ressies from September to the middle of November (value season). The September ressies were with an AP discount. The November AP rates are not out yet. She told me that if I wanted to change my ressies to November, she would have to cancel out my September ressies and issue a refund for the deposits. I would then have to pay a new deposit for the new reservations. She also told me that I should wait until the end of August to change these reservations. Is this right??? Should I wait? Can't they just transfer the deposit from one ressie to another?

No, that's not right. I change dates and resorts all of the time and they just transfer the deposit to the new ressie.

There could be a problem if you got WDTC rather than CRO. They run on different systems. Dialing the 407-WDISNEY number could give you either one.

They should be able to transfer the deposit regardless of who you made the ressies with (CRO or WDTC). For our last trip I booked CBR through CRO for rack rate and later joined DC and called (the DC 800# which I believe is WDTC) to find out about discounts. We got a rate of slightly higher for AKL savannah view than I was paying for CBR standard view, I asked if I could book AKL and told her that I already had a ressie for CBR and could I transfer the deposit I had already paid and she said it wouldn't be a problem. I got a new confirmation with the deposit credited about 2 weeks later.
I think it all depends on who you talk to. I'd call back, it really makes no sense to cancel, have them give you back your deposit and then re-book and mail back the deposit again. Although that is how US works, but that's another story!;)

That doesn't sound right... maybe the CM was thinking your deposit would be higher so you would have to pay again?? Weird. I would just call back and talk to someone else. With my past experiences with CRO ;) I never believe what anyone says unless I hear it from at least 5 different CM's first! :D :D (and then I still don't believe it) :p :p

I have changed my reservations in the past and I had to cancel my initial reservations, get a refund on my first deposit(CC anyway) and pay a new deposit. Even if the deposit is less.

I suppose it depends on not only whether it is CRO vs. WDTC but also the type of reservation, including packages and discounts applied.

Ted

I have changed several times and they do have to cancel the old and create a new, but they can just transfer the money.

I have changed ressies and they were able to transfer the deposit because I paid with a check. Otherwise you have to cancel and start over.

Same for me as everyone else. I paid with my American Express card and they transfered my reservation twice since I made them in January. I did this over the phone with no problem. Call back and talk to someone else and see what happens.

RobinLyn :)

We've changed in the past and it was always just a paper transfer.

I recently changed from a DC rate to a package and my deposit was just switched over. I didnt even need a new ressie number. But, both of these transactions where done through WDTC. I never call CRO, even for room only. Disney can foot the bill for the phone call :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter