Is this normal?

WeaverRN10

Earning My Ears
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
We received confirmation that our closing documents and check was received 9/26/19. I was told via email that the title company was waiting for the sellers to send their paperwork and that I would be notified about closing. That was almost 3 weeks ago. Is this normal? I do not want to bother the title company if this is a normal wait time. Thank you.
 

Anuhea35

Earning My Ears
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Did you have international sellers? Mine took a month. I did email the title company to contact the seller and ask for a update.
 
  • Great3

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, seller is not performing in a timely matter, but there's not much you can do. I would still contact title company and broker, and ask them to follow up with the seller though.

    Great3
     

    crisi

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 25, 2002
    Sellers often drag their feet. If its institutional, then its red tape within the company that owns it. Individuals often have mixed feelings about selling so put it off.
     

    WeaverRN10

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Mar 12, 2019
    Thank you for the responses. I did check in with the title company and the seller has yet to send back their paper work.
     

    BillPA

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Sep 7, 1999
    When we sold or purchased we added a 10 day response time or the deal was off. Sounds like the seller is waiting to see if they can get a better offer. I would move on. What broker did you use?
     

    kboo

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Mar 10, 2014
    The seller is an investment company? It's possible they need a signature of an officer or board member and that that is taking a while. But I would ask the title company and or broker to follow up and say why. (on one of my contracts, it was because certain financial docs needed to be prepared AND the seller had to add cash to close, which was taking a while. That one also took weeks to close.) Sorry this is happening.
     

    WeaverRN10

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Mar 12, 2019
    When we sold or purchased we added a 10 day response time or the deal was off. Sounds like the seller is waiting to see if they can get a better offer. I would move on. What broker did you use?
    We used dvc resale market. I spoke with the title company today though and they said the seller had yet to send the paperwork back and she spoke with them, they promised to return papers ASAP. We will see.
     

    cvjw

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Dec 22, 2005
    We had to cancel a sale after rofr because the sellers never sent their closing documents back. We went past the “close by” date spelled out tin the contract and cancelled.

    The contract was part of an estate, and the heirs never got the required documents back to the resale company. They also stopped taking their calls, so cancelling seemed like a good idea :)

    Hope you have better luck!
     

    Ms.Minnie

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry this is happening to you. The whole process is stressful enough without the seller not cooperating. I hope everything works out for you.

    Sending you some pixie dust. pixiedust:
     

    Great3

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Jan 20, 2015
    We used dvc resale market. I spoke with the title company today though and they said the seller had yet to send the paperwork back and she spoke with them, they promised to return papers ASAP. We will see.
    If the seller is promising to send paperwork back ASAP, I wouldn't worry about it. It means the seller is in contact with broker / title company. It's the sellers that gone completely silent, nowhere to be found by anybody, that becomes a problem. It will close, just will take 2-3 more weeks more longer than you want. I had a contract that took almost 2 months to close, but it did close eventually.

    Great3
     

    gharter

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    May 3, 2004
    i would start looking at contracts that are available and see if you can find a better one. If so, give them a deadline to complete by or you are cancelling the deal due to the seller not completeing the deal.
    If you can't find a better option, then just wait it out.
     

    kniquy

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Dec 15, 2014
    Is this normal? I do not want to bother the title company if this is a normal wait time. Thank you.
    What is your close by date? If you are approaching that date i would definitely contact the broker. They are probably holding a significant amount of your money so do not feel bad that they you are bothering them. I had a seller who seemed to drag their feet with returning documents but also on the sellers end they do have to get paperwork notarized so that is an extra step. With my recent purchase I was told the sellers were working on their paperwork, the it was the closing company had the paperwork but they seemed to delay submitting the paperwork for recording.

    It always feels like an eternity when you are in it. But hang in there and do keep in touch with your closing company and if they are not responding you can always reach out to the selling broker. It is often out of their hands but they may have contact with the seller or broker to get you more information.
     

    CarolMN

    DVC Co-Moderator
    Moderator
    Joined
    Aug 18, 1999
    Congratulations! Now you get to wait again for the contract to show up and your points to load. Hope it goes quickly for you. 😊
     

    Connect

    Disney News and Updates

    Get Daily Email Updates

    DIS INSTAGRAM

    Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

    BUY DVC


    SELL DVC


    DVC POINT CHARTS


    DIS PODCASTS

    Top