Is this Grand Floridian DVC Villas??!!

TSMIII

Mouseketeer
I found documents with dates of March 8th-10th, 2011 on the South FLorida Water Management District site for a building at the Grand Floridian between the GF hotel and the Poly.

Is this a plan for GF DVC villas or something else? What do all of you think??

It is called "Project 2011-1"

Here is one of the documents:

Oooohhh... if that's the case when it happens I'll have to shuffle around some points.
Although by then it'll probably cost $175/pt or something...

That's an impressive find TSMIII. Hopefully the plans won't disappear the way the one for River Country did. I haven't heard any rumors about an expansion at GF. A DVC there would be very popular.

That's an impressive find TSMIII. Hopefully the plans won't disappear the way the one for River Country did. I haven't heard any rumors about an expansion at GF. A DVC there would be very popular.

DenLo - I think the difference between this and the Ft. Wilderness plans is that the diagrams for the old RC site were part of the plans for the relocation of the stables and some other things going on over there. These GF plans are the center of all of the document filings and correspondence on the SFWMD site so I think it may be a little more solid. But as always, until it's built we won't know for sure - especially if they deny its existence like they did with BLT!;)

I bet a ton of Concierge level rooms....

I was hoping for the Poly, but I guess no Poly YET.

Reading through some of the documentation, there is mention of the building being 6 to 7 stories tall.

FWIF, I think a lot of these plans get filed just so they can find out if it's feasible to continue with them from a financial standpoint. For example, the plans at the old River Country would require a LOT of things to make it work into the wetlands etc. This would be more of a slam dunk.

DenLo - I think the difference between this and the Ft. Wilderness plans is that the diagrams for the old RC site were part of the plans for the relocation of the stables and some other things going on over there. These GF plans are the center of all of the document filings and correspondence on the SFWMD site so I think it may be a little more solid. But as always, until it's built we won't know for sure - especially if they deny its existence like they did with BLT!;)

Amazing! I would love a GF DVC.

For BLT, how far in advance did people find the plans for BLT before the actual announcement by DVD?

Here is one of the exhibits from the drainage plan that was filed for this project. You can get a good idea of the space it will occupy in the area from this:

5535280413_ba25698567_b.jpg
[/url]

I would love a Poly DVC, but not so sure on the GF DVC. I'm just not thrilled with the rooms at GF.

However, awesome find! It is so good that there are so many people that take the time to research and report on the dis! What a fun "community" we all have!

Perhaps it is because more people use converted points to stay at GF? If there is a DVC associated with a hotel that becomes a no-no!

I'm very interested to see how this plays out in the near future. I'm not looking to add on any time soon, but I'd definitely considering staying at GFV for it's location.

Awesome Job TSM!

Now it is time for Sammie & Tim to post an interest poll (like they did last time) ;)

Amazing! I would love a GF DVC.

For BLT, how far in advance did people find the plans for BLT before the actual announcement by DVD?

I forget when the official announcement came for BLT, but it was well into the construction, I think. The original post to unearth the filed plans was done my Mama2Mathew in Jan 2007. The link to the thread can be found: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1318419&highlight=contemporary

This is very exciting news, TSM! Again, great job!

- Chris

Great find! BLT was not officially confirmed as DVC until construction was well underway. (actually, the structure was basically done). Will definitely keep an eye out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts