Is this body shaming?

She rocked that dress. She has an incredible body. The dress wasn't appropriate for a wedding, in my opinion, but that doesn't give anyone the right to mistreat her if they did.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone who attended the wedding popped up anywhere to actually confirm that this DID happen? I have a suspicious mind, I'll admit, but I have a feeling this whole "oh, poor me" routine was to get as much publicity for her business or product or whatever it is she's pushing. It wouldn't be the first time someone has made something up to garner attention.

And if it DID really happen, I imagine it wasn't more than a couple of dirty looks, the bride's 93-year-old Grandma in the restroom saying, "Dear, that's a lovely dress, but it's really not appropriate" and a drunk teenage cousin sloshing his drink around. Heck, I've spilled my drinks on people at weddings and it's not because I'm "body shaming" them.....I'm just drunk.

Last edited:
I don't buy her pathetic story for a second. She's all about the publicity/attention, which is why she wore this dress to a wedding and quickly launched a movement. Where's the proof others harassed her? Oh, that's right. You don't need proof to be a "victim;" you just have to proclaim yourself one. What a self-absorbed moron.

It's amazing how you can know another person's motivation and heart from the other side of the internet.

We would have been happy to have more guests at our wedding. I wouldn't have given a flip what they were wearing. Our invites actually said black tie encouraged or something..I think two poor guys actually came in penguin suits (besides the wedding party) and there was everything from evening gowns to jeans on other people.

I wouldn't have cared if someone wanted to wear this dress. If I looked this this gal, I'd be wearing whatever I wanted unless I was friends with the bride and she was like: Hey, you have a really nice body, but could you do me a favor since we are BFFs and, like, wear a potato sack to my wedding?

I think if this actually happened then the wedding guests were really rude. But I tend to not believe much that happens and is posted to FB.

1. What does it matter what everyone else was wearing?
2. That she feels confident with herself? You can't be suggesting that she deserved to be harassed?

Whether or not the dress is ugly/inappropriate doesn't bother me. The behavior of the other guests is what is shameful. Why can't people just let things go. Fine, you don't like the dress? Don't wear it and move along. Let other people live. Sounds like those other guests were just jealous.

This... THIS.. Oh my Lord, THIS! Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I was taught as a young girl that you are NOT entitled to always voice it. The woman looked fantastic. Her parts were all covered. I am much more uncomfortable with the guests who felt it was appropriate to slap her.

Honestly it should be taste shaming. That dress is horrid.

As my mom would say. - I can see your fast is all in your mouth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter