Is this allowed...

FrugalFashionista

Mouseketeer
So the free dining pin states that we have to check in between the Dec 15-22 but our stay is Dec 14-18. Can I make a reservation for room only on the 14 and 3 day package for the 15-18 so our "check in" day is valid?

So the free dining pin states that we have to check in between the Dec 15-22 but our stay is Dec 14-18. Can I make a reservation for room only on the 14 and 3 day package for the 15-18 so our "check in" day is valid?

Yes :). Just keep in mind that if the room only is at the same resort, there is a chance you might have to change rooms. The chances of that happening are probably pretty slim, but there's still a chance. The best thing to do is have the 2 reservation linked together, along with making a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the room only, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room, if possible. There is no guarantee, but they will do everything they can to accommodate your request. You will also have to check out/check in the next morning to get new KTTW cards with your park tickets and DDP credits. Have a great trip and congrats on the pin :goodvibes.

You are welcome! Don't forget you will be able to pick up the park tickets that are tied to the dining plan on the 14th too if you want.:)

As others have said, you can certainly do a split stay. When you make the two reservations ask the CM to note that you want to link the reservations. That often helps to keep you in the same room. I'd also mention it to the CM when you check in. Just make sure you book the same level room for both reservations to reduce the chance of moving.

You can pick up the tickets early, but the dining plan won't kick in until you check-in for the package on the 15th.

Have fun!

As others have said, you can certainly do a split stay. When you make the two reservations ask the CM to note that you want to link the reservations. That often helps to keep you in the same room. I'd also mention it to the CM when you check in. Just make sure you book the same level room for both reservations to reduce the chance of moving.

You can pick up the tickets early, but the dining plan won't kick in until you check-in for the package on the 15th.

Have fun!

No worries there. We aren't getting in until after 4pm on the 14th anyways so needing the dining plan or the tickets is not a huge deal.

I appreciate all the tips!

We are planning a trip on October 17-October 21 and the pin code says free dining on October 18. I asked Disney if I can have 2 reservations with one for just October 17 and another reservation for October 18-21 with free dining. I asked if I could get a 5 day pass with the 18-21 reserveration and pick it up on the 17 and they said no I couldn't pick up the tickets early. The pass would only be good from the 18-22. Is that correct?
:confused3

We are planning a trip on October 17-October 21 and the pin code says free dining on October 18. I asked Disney if I can have 2 reservations with one for just October 17 and another reservation for October 18-21 with free dining. I asked if I could get a 5 day pass with the 18-21 reserveration and pick it up on the 17 and they said no I couldn't pick up the tickets early. The pass would only be good from the 18-22. Is that correct?

No it is not correct. It is what they tell you over the phone, but it is not really how it works. You can pick up your tickets a day early. We have done it.

According to Cheshire Figment's Ticket sticky tickets associated with a package can be picked up to three days ahead of the start of the package (see entry 15, section I):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Passes are good for any day you want, you just have to use them within 14-days of first use. So you could opt to enter every day from the 18 through the 22, but you could also opt to enter on the 17, 19 through 22 (skipping the 18th) and that's fine too. You can not use them as well and they'll still be good the next time you go to WDW (as long as they're never activated).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter