Is this a sign of the discount percentages for 2017?

2017 discounts are terrible. The deluxe resorts were at least 30% in January.
Now the Beach Club are only 10% for 2017 ! But the Yacht Club, AKL and WL is 25%.

Where are you seeing these discounts?
I received an email and was able to check availability online. I'm not sure if those are released to Disney Visa cardholders prior to general public or not. It was for the Stay Play and Dine discount.

So I am booked June 3-10 at CSR party of 4 - with 7 day hopper and dining (1TS 1QS) - rate of $5398. TA just released exclusive rates - would you switch to POFQ or POR to save $480? I need you guys to talk strategy with me...save now or wait for future discounts? I know if FD is released, I don't know that POFQ or POR are usually included in that deal...what would you do?

So I am booked June 3-10 at CSR party of 4 - with 7 day hopper and dining (1TS 1QS) - rate of $5398. TA just released exclusive rates - would you switch to POFQ or POR to save $480? I need you guys to talk strategy with me...save now or wait for future discounts? I know if FD is released, I don't know that POFQ or POR are usually included in that deal...what would you do?

POR is my favorite moderate resort. I would switch for the same price. It's a no brainer for $480.

POR is my favorite moderate resort. I would switch for the same price. It's a no brainer for $480.

We are torn between POR and POFQ - I lean towards POR but then read the bussing can be crazy if they are sharing with POFQ. I think I might like the size of POFQ but really like the looks of POR. Roy Disney do you have any insights as to one over the other?

[I feel the EXACT same way as Roy Disney. :)

We are torn between POR and POFQ - I lean towards POR but then read the bussing can be crazy if they are sharing with POFQ. I think I might like the size of POFQ but really like the looks of POR. Roy Disney do you have any insights as to one over the other?

I'll be more specific, years ago Port Orleans was one hotel and Dixie Landings was another. We stayed at Dixie Landings many times. Dixie Landings had 2 sections, Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend. Alligator Bayou was themed like rustic cabins from the old south while Magnolia Bend was like Southern Mansions. We always stayed in Alligator Bayou, never liked the theming of Magnolia Bend. To me it looks like a regular hotel room. The Port Orleans hotel as themed after New Orleans and Mardi Gras.

Disney merged the 2 hotels into one name Port Orleans years ago. What's know as PORFQ was the original Port Orleans hotel. What's know now as POR (Riverside) was Dixie Landings.
We have always stayed in POR Alligator Bayou section (Dixie Landings). We loved the theming of it.
They have a great food court and a very good restaurant called Boatwright's. There is a main pool with a slide and 5 quiet pools.
They rooms there have 2 queen beds and a pull down bed or 2 queen beds.
Magnolia Bend also shares the same food court and restaurant.
I can't comment on PORFQ because we only visited it once a long time ago and only saw the main pool and food court area.
It all comes down to theming. You have to choose which theming your family will like best.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I'll be more specific. years ago Port Orleans was one hotel and Dixie Landings was another. We stayed at Dixie Landings many times. Dixie Landings had 2 sections, Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend. Alligator Bayou was themed like rustic cabins from the old south while Magnolia Bend was like Southern Mansions. We always stayed in Alligator Bayou, never liked the theming of Magnolia Bend. To me it looks like a regular hotel room. The Port Orleans hotel as themed after New Orleans and Mardi Gras.

Disney merged the 2 hotels into one name Port Orleans years ago. What's know as PORFQ was the original Port Orleans hotel. What's know now as POR (Riverside) was Dixie Landings.
We have always stayed in POR Alligator Bayou section (Dixie Landings). We loved the theming of it.
They have a great food court and a very good restaurant called Boatwright's. There is a main pool with a slide and 5 quiet pools.
They rooms there have 2 queen beds and a pull down bed or 2 queen beds.
Magnolia Bend also shares the same food court and restaurant.
I can't comment on PORFQ because we only visited it once a long time ago and only saw the main pool and food court area.
It all comes down to theming. You have to choose which theming your family will like best.
Good luck.

Thanks for the backstory - I forgot all about Dixie Landings! I'm looking at theming and think we would be pretty happy at either location. Can anyone speak to the transportation? I look at it as if I was staying at CSR - that is a big resort with a number of bus stops, but the idea of one stop at POFQ is appealing!

Thanks for the backstory - I forgot all about Dixie Landings! I'm looking at theming and think we would be pretty happy at either location. Can anyone speak to the transportation? I look at it as if I was staying at CSR - that is a big resort with a number of bus stops, but the idea of one stop at POFQ is appealing!

You're welcome.
Can't help you with bus stops. We always had our own car.

You're welcome.

POFQ is very small and the walk to/from buses, pool, dining and main building is not a long one at all. POR on the other hand, quite a few bus stops. We've found the buses pick up at POFQ first then go to POR.

You're welcome.

POFQ is very small and the walk to/from buses, pool, dining and main building is not a long one at all. The slide is a dragon (I think) and is pretty cute for the small kids. No table service dining though. POR on the other hand, quite a few bus stops. We've found the buses pick up at POFQ first then go to POR. The boats to Disney Springs is a bonus though, my suggestion with that is to walk to POR as the boat seems to get filled up there and just passes by POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter