Is this a good rate for a one way on a minivan?

vossjemi

I LUV 2 Travel!!!
I've got a quote from Budget using a code for a 1 way rental on a minivan from MCO to Cape Canaveral in Sept for $59.30. Is that a good price?

but I do care:) LOL!

Hope someone can give you some info!!

FWIW, I think it's a great rate!!!;)
Does that help?? :teeth:

:sunny:

Ha. ha. Thanks mbb! It seemed good to me as all other quotes I got were in the 60s and 70s. So, I'm thinking of booking it...when I say one way, I mean 1 day rental 9/17-9/18. :cool1:

Hi, I think it's a little high for a 1 day, 1 way. I booked a minivan for a friend of mine for 7 days and it was $243 which equals out to $34.71 a day. Did you try National and some codes to get the rate down? Actually I'm not sure if National has an office there. Is Cocoa Beach near there? I just did a quick rate for your dates using the Priceless code and got $47.
I hope this helps you out!
Kim
:flower3:

Hmmm. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I had read about entertainment and priceless and tried that on national and got a rate of $75.25. But, that was a few days ago. Maybe I'll try again.

edited to add: Ok, I just tried again using the priceless code (I forgot the entertainment code is for a week rental not a 1 day). Anyway, the rate i got with taxes and all was $57.71, so slightly cheaper than Budget....but, National doesn't have a shuttle to the pier and Budget does, so I'd have to get a taxi , which would end up costing more.

I dont think it is that bad as we are renting a mini van for 15 days...the extra day is going to be $58.00 so you seem to be getting a good rate. We are using DOLLAR. Hope it all works out for you!

We are doing the same thing that you are doing and taking a one way (day) rental from MCO to the Port. It is through Budget, but the end of November and it costs $52.88 including taxes...I think it was like 45 without. Don't know if the time of the year or day has anything to do with it...who knows???

vossjemi said:
Hmmm. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I had read about entertainment and priceless and tried that on national and got a rate of $75.25. But, that was a few days ago. Maybe I'll try again.

edited to add: Ok, I just tried again using the priceless code (I forgot the entertainment code is for a week rental not a 1 day). Anyway, the rate i got with taxes and all was $57.71, so slightly cheaper than Budget....but, National doesn't have a shuttle to the pier and Budget does, so I'd have to get a taxi , which would end up costing more.

You're correct, it would probably equal out. I wasn't sure if National was at the Pier. I did put in the times as 9am to 9am since I wasn't sure of your times, and yes; that would make a difference on the price. Since you have so much time, Budget may come down some before you go. Just keeping checking like we all do. I've re-booked my National car 4 times so far but have saved $65 dollars doing that! That's a nice dinner for us at LeCellier! Yum!
Kim
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter