Is this a good deal?

smmco

Registered
I don’t normally book packages but Costco has packages at portafino. 4 nights thurs through Sunday in May. 3 day 3 park hoppers for 1,972 includes Costco cash card of 132.00 essentially bringing the cost down to 1840. This is for two people. It seems like a good deal. What do you think?

You can check the room only rates online. You should be able to exactly compare prices.

Looks like those tickets normally run about $350, so you're looking at $1150 for the room. If you look at the rate online, it really depends on the week you are going. It varies from $320-$500 per night for the same room type. But the APH rates are not out yet, so you might be able to get it cheaper, especially if you consider HRH or RPR.

We have always gone the annual pass route and booked the hotel ourselves. We also make a second trip later that year to get more use out of the passes. Are you able to cancel/reboot the Costco packages? That would make it a deal-breaker for us, even if it is cheaper...

Looks like those tickets normally run about $350, so you're looking at $1150 for the room. If you look at the rate online, it really depends on the week you are going. It varies from $320-$500 per night for the same room type. But the APH rates are not out yet, so you might be able to get it cheaper, especially if you consider HRH or RPR.

We have always gone the annual pass route and booked the hotel ourselves. We also make a second trip later that year to get more use out of the passes. Are you able to cancel/reboot the Costco packages? That would make it a deal-breaker for us, even if it is cheaper...
Yes they are refundable and I won’t be going back to Universal in the next year. We’re going on a European cruise in August and possibly a panama in 2021.
I can’t make up my mind between DL, WDW or uni.
Costco has a great deal at the dolphin. universal
Last time at DL 2011. Universal 2014 and WDW too many to count over last ten years.

I booked Portofino club thru Costco. It was cheaper than the same room AP. For some reason Club was like $10 more a night than a regular room. If not for the food savings AP at another premium was cheaper. Tickets were a little less than a ticket broker too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter