Is this a fair resale deal?

ANGRebel

Mouseketeer
I have just had my offer accepted for a DVC resale. I am paying $61/pt for 130 points, Oct U/Y, with all 2012 points and all points going forward, buyer paying closing and 2013 maint fees. This was at the top end of what I was willing to pay, but I feel like it was fair for a smaller contract with all 2012 points and forward. For those who know about these things does that sound like a fair deal?

You got all 2012 points, aren't paying closing costs and don't' even have to reimburse 2013 fees. It sounds like a very good deal to me. I think quite a few of the BWV contracts have been going for mid 60's lately. More demand than supply, I guess.

Congratulations!

ANGRebel said:
I have just had my offer accepted for a DVC resale. I am paying $61/pt for 130 points, Oct U/Y, with all 2012 points and all points going forward, buyer paying closing and 2013 maint fees. This was at the top end of what I was willing to pay, but I feel like it was fair for a smaller contract with all 2012 points and forward. For those who know about these things does that sound like a fair deal?

What resort? You'll always pay a premium for smaller contracts.

Sorry - misread your post. And apparently I have BWV on the brain, LOL.

First off, congrats on your purchase. :) Did you make a fair deal? Yes. Could you have gotten it for less? Probably. I think the mistake you made was considering 130 points a "smaller" contract. I think small contracts are 50 points and less. 75-100 is "smaller". 130 is very close to the standard purchase amount of 160, which is a medium sized contract.

Like I said, I think the price you paid was fair, so I definitely wouldn't feel bad about it. And please know that I say what I'm about to say because you asked and not to make you feel badly about your purchase. I think you overpaid by $5-10 per point as well as on the closing costs/maintenance fees. Based on my experience and what similar contracts have sold for recently, I think a great price for this contract would be $53pp with you paying closing and the seller paying maintenance fees. Keep in mind, though, that along with DougEMG I am one of the most frugal people on here with what I'll pay for a contract. I've also had a lot of rejection, which also isn't pleasant for most people. :)

So that being said, if this was the right contract for you relative to size and use year, then it was worth paying a little bit of a premium to get it. Remember, only one person can get the "best" deal, everyone else overpaid. :) And think about this, just by buying resale you saved a ton. Here's to a speedy ROFR and a fun time using your points. Congrats again!

Sorry - misread your post. And apparently I have BWV on the brain, LOL.

I love how in the absence of a resort being named, you automatically assumed it was BWV. Spoken like a true BWV owner! ;)

Truth be told, I had to reread the OP a few times because I assumed BWV as well. :)

I love how in the absence of a resort being named, you automatically assumed it was BWV. Spoken like a true BWV owner! ;)

Truth be told, I had to reread the OP a few times because I assumed BWV as well. :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Congratulations on your SSR contract and best of luck with ROFR.

Enjoy your points!

Thanks for your opinions. I feel like this was a good deal for our needs. We are really looking at this point to be able to spend a week in the summer in a studio, and this level of points fits perfectly into that. We have a two year old and will have a newborn in a couple of months, so the studio really works well for us now. In another 4-5 years we will probably look at adding another 100 points to be able to upgrade that to a 1BR, but for now we are happy with the studio.

That's a very good deal. Remember you are getting 2012 points free. That equals to 1560 dollars if you were to rent them.

It's a fair deal if both you and the seller are happy, I'm guessing you both are. Could you have potentially paid less, sure, but it probably would have taken more time and effort. So the real question should be how much more time would you be willing to invest to get a contract for $55/point, or a contract with $55/point and the seller paying closing and MF ?

I like/love getting a low price, but I also foolishly let contracts slip away over a $1-2/point thinking I could get a better deal later on and then never did.

There is a thread here that shows what resorts have been selling for

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001288

a742246 said:
That's a very good deal. Remember you are getting 2012 points free. That equals to 1560 dollars if you were to rent them.

Yes! That was what i was going to post. $1560 on 130 points is the equivalent of $12 per point. Even if you rent those 130 points at $10 per point, thats like paying $51 per point. You got a great deal!

I understand about wanting to get a good deal; and I think you did. However as it has been pointed out here the initial cost is a small fraction of lifetime cost. I think it is getting what you wanted. I have been looking for a BWV for 6 months missed a couple for being late and a couple with low offers. Finally 100 with a feb UY came up I just made a full price offer. It was a loaded contract but it was also exactly what I wanted and I didn't want to loose it. So I think it is just what makes you happy. DVC CAN save money but for most people its about a lot of intangible benefits. If getting a great deal makes you happy great if getting exactly what you want makes you happy great. If you get both thats even better:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter