Is there such a thing as "connecting cabins" on Disney Cruise?

Ooba

Mouseketeer
Do they have connecting cabins on the Disney cruises? There are 5 of us, and even with a Family stateroom, I think it would be too tight - but don't want the kids out of earshot. Do they have internal connecting doors - or is next door the best we can do?

We have done 4 Disney Cruises all with connecting cabins. They are nice to have but it helps to book early.

HBC

We had connecting cabins as well. I can't remember if it was a "not guaranteed" situation (we sailed on one of the early DCL cruises and the memory of that detail is gone)! pirate:

I have been on two DCL trips----one with 6 of us and connecting cabins which worked out great.

But this summer, we had 5 and did a Family Stateroom. In addition to the bunk beds that come down from the wall, there is an add'l bed that comes down near the Verandah. It's a bigger room than the standard and honestly was just fine. The kids are 6, 8, and 10 and had we purchased an additional room, I would have to say it would have been overkill.

The rooms that accomodate 5 were great----I wouldn't discount that option IMO.

We cruised last month on the Wonder in connecting Navigator's verandas. It wasn't much more money to go with 2 cabins, because of the 3rd and 4th person cost. The verandas weren't connecting, though (we had that on a Holland America cruise - the stateroom steward had to open the divider).

We are sailing this September in connecting rooms. I will post a report upon our return (unless I can swindle my way into them letting me stay on and on and on!! :) ).

We are sailing in October with 2 Cat 10(inside) connecting cabins. There are also Cat 6(verandah) and Cat 9(porthole) connecting cabins. We booked kind of late, this past June, so we couldn't really afford (or find) anything but inside connecting cabins. October is less expensive, but we are still paying $5283 for the 2 Cat 10 cabins on the 7 day double dip. If we like it, I'm hoping to rebook on board for 2008 and hopefully save enough money to get verandah's or at least windows next time.

Ooba said:
Do they have connecting cabins on the Disney cruises? <snip> Do they have internal connecting doors - or is next door the best we can do?
If you go to the DCL website and select On Board and then Tour the Ship, you will find a deck-by-deck layout which shows which cabins have connecting doors.

We are a family of 5. 2 adults, and 3 boys 15, 12, 9 (current ages)...

We get 2 connecting cat. 8 rooms. For our family, it works out the best, and I can't imagine being in 1 room. It could get ugly, LOL.
With 2 connecting, you get a lot more space-like having a suite for a lot less $$$, 2 bathrooms (really nice when we all need to get ready at the same time), and privacy when you want it.
When we book, DH and I have to split --one of us in each room, and split the kids as well. When we arrive, we go to guest services, and change the configuration so DH and I are in 1 room and the kids in the other. That way, our keys open the actual room we are staying in. (It would be so much easier if DCL would just do this from the start! That was one thing we liked about RCCL.) Generally, we keep the doors between the rooms open, and we have a very spacious area.
We like the cat 8s because of their location. Some people don't like the location-you'll have to check out the floorplans and decide for yourselves. The biggest draws for us is that there are "dead ends" because the 8s are at the end of the halls (not much foot traffic), and on decks 6 and 7 there are rooms above and below you (we think it's quieter that way).

We don't get veranda rooms because we find we don't use them often enough to justify the cost difference. Some families find a veranda room fo adults with an inside cabin for kids across the hall works for them. I prefer to be able to hear/see our kids--esp. with my oldest coming in after we do at night.

Good luck with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter