Is There Rhyme or Reason to Household Pins?

Dixiemom

DIS Veteran
Found myself wondering this the other day.....It is probably a computer generated thing, but I am curious as to how a specific household is "chosen" to receive the pins like free dining codes, etc. Could it have to do with whether or not you have been to Disney World before? If you are already booked, does it go by what resort level you booked? Does it matter how many are in your party, etc.........just kind of curious, even though I really do suspect it is the luck of the draw.

Found myself wondering this the other day.....It is probably a computer generated thing, but I am curious as to how a specific household is "chosen" to receive the pins like free dining codes, etc. Could it have to do with whether or not you have been to Disney World before? If you are already booked, does it go by what resort level you booked? Does it matter how many are in your party, etc.........just kind of curious, even though I really do suspect it is the luck of the draw.

Nope, nope and nope. As far as anyone knows, there is no rhyme or reason. Some people go several times a year and get them, but some go several times a year and don't. Some have only been as a resort guest under someone else's booking and that person gets one while the "host" doesn't. Being booked already is not a factor either, it seems. Total luck from what I can tell, but perhaps Disney knows the secret, but I doubt it. Given the poor way their IT department seems to be handled (as evident by their continuous website issues), I do not believe they are able to create a real pattern. I think it is completely random.

Yep, that's pretty much what I thought. Ahhh, in the perfect vacation world we could go to our mailboxes, (either physical or e-mail) and see something from Disney Destinations just for us pixiedust:

How do you find out that you have a pin? We've booked our first trip for June... Thanks!!

PINs are sent via email or snail mail. You can also call the regular reservation line and ask if there are any PINs associated with your account. Most CMs are happy to check for you, but some will just tell you to keep an eye on your mail.

EHHH for years i tried to get PINS sent to me, tried everything, i signed up to ESPN stuff, disney stuff EVERYTHING.

And then i lost my job as so many others have, about 4 months after that guess what came i the mail........

Does anyone ever not get any notification but call n have a pin? Think disney would want people to know to get more bookings.
Yeah yeah....i havent ever got one and am bitter lol.

Does anyone ever not get any notification but call n have a pin? Think disney would want people to know to get more bookings.
Yeah yeah....i havent ever got one and am bitter lol.

I have called and had one, but then I received it the mail the next day. :rotfl:

I have to wonder if most people who sign up to get the emails and offers from Disney do actually get them, it's just that they are filtered to junk mail and subsequently deleted before they are noticed, or maybe blocked completely. Disney could also just have the wrong address/email on file or in the wrong place in their file for you.

Another thought is that maybe you're traveling at times when they don't offer a lot of pin codes, or to a resort that doesn't allot many rooms to pins. Their software probably does pick up on that when you check on pricing for a trip but don't book.

All I know is that I have received a lot of pins ever since I signed up in 2010. I would say most of the ones mentioned on this board. Ironically, I ended up using the general public discount of 40% in 2010, and not a pin (went to BWI).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter