Is there anywhere better than Bonnet Creek?

act1980

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

I've stayed at Bonnet Creek a couple of times and love the resort and the proximity to the parks.

However, it would be nice to stay somewhere different and I was just wondering if there was anywhere as good and in such prime location? Not to mention somewhere that is excellent value for money! I have had a look and I can't find anywhere which is why I'm posting this question.

I still want a condo resort with a minimum of 2 bedrooms.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Pretty much equidistant from MK (as the crow flies) and in the same league of timeshare resorts would be Hilton Park Soleil (if you really like the high rise type resort) or the Marriott Palms resorts or Sheraton Vistana Resort for a more villa like experience; these 3 are all generally better rated as timeshare properties than Wyndham. Orange Lake Resort is another good one on the south side of Disney property with excellent access to Animal Kingdom.

ETA: a lot depends on what it is that you like about WBC. A few more specifics of what you want out of the property can lead to better recommendations.

Pretty much equidistant from MK (as the crow flies) and in the same league of timeshare resorts would be Hilton Park Soleil (if you really like the high rise type resort) or the Marriott Palms resorts or Sheraton Vistana Resort for a more villa like experience; these 3 are all generally better rated as timeshare properties than Wyndham. Orange Lake Resort is another good one on the south side of Disney property with excellent access to Animal Kingdom.

ETA: a lot depends on what it is that you like about WBC. A few more specifics of what you want out of the property can lead to better recommendations.

Thanks for the info! How do I go about booking the Parc Soleil? I would need a 2 bedroom unit, are there any companies that rent timeshare?

Thanks for the info! How do I go about booking the Parc Soleil? I would need a 2 bedroom unit, are there any companies that rent timeshare?
This one is a relatively new timeshare, so it is available directly through Hilton.com, or a travel agent can book it for you. You can also check for availability through redweek.com, vrbo, or in the classifieds at www.tug2.net to locate a rental direct from an owner. Many timeshares also come up on skyauction, but I don't see PS on there at this time. Note that because it is under active development, you can probably expect some inducement to attend a timeshare sales presentation.

This one is a relatively new timeshare, so it is available directly through Hilton.com, or a travel agent can book it for you. You can also check for availability through redweek.com, vrbo, or in the classifieds at www.tug2.net to locate a rental direct from an owner. Many timeshares also come up on skyauction, but I don't see PS on there at this time. Note that because it is under active development, you can probably expect some inducement to attend a timeshare sales presentation.

Thank you! :)

Hi everyone!

I've stayed at Bonnet Creek a couple of times and love the resort and the proximity to the parks.

However, it would be nice to stay somewhere different and I was just wondering if there was anywhere as good and in such prime location? Not to mention somewhere that is excellent value for money! I have had a look and I can't find anywhere which is why I'm posting this question.

I still want a condo resort with a minimum of 2 bedrooms.

Thanks in advance for any help!
There are many as others have pointed out, but not with quite the plum location that WBC has. Silver Lake Resort has an excellent location near Animal Kingdom, but the resort doesn't have all the amenities that WBC has.

There are many as others have pointed out, but not with quite the plum location that WBC has. Silver Lake Resort has an excellent location near Animal Kingdom, but the resort doesn't have all the amenities that WBC has.
Thank you!

Sheraton vistana is very close as well as Marriott Royal/Imperial Palms. The Marriott property shares grounds with the World Center and has a lot of activities. We stayed there last year and loved it.

Given the prices I've seen at Bonnet Creek, I'd say there are endless options that I'd do before I went to WBC. Not that there's anything bad about it, I'm sure it's a really nice place, but I'm more of a bargain hunter. Looks to me that WBC is $200/night, which is more than double what I pay.

Given the prices I've seen at Bonnet Creek, I'd say there are endless options that I'd do before I went to WBC. Not that there's anything bad about it, I'm sure it's a really nice place, but I'm more of a bargain hunter. Looks to me that WBC is $200/night, which is more than double what I pay.
Thats expensive! Where are you looking? I can find it for $80 per night :)

We've stayed at WBC and Vacation Village at Parkway. Both are super close. I think the decor, condo size, cleanliness, activities, and proximity to the parks are very similar for both properties. WBC has a bit more of a resort feel due to the lazy river, pirate pool and the snackbar/bar/restaurant. I have heard that VV@P is in the process of building a lazy river, which will close the gap some. We use our timeshare and trade through RCI for both places. VV@P is much "cheaper" (way fewer TPUs, so we can get more vacations per year if we book there vs WBC) and easier (way more availability), so that's why we often choose it over WBC. VV@P only costs us $430 per week, which includes the RCI trade fee and a portion of our annual maintenance fee!

Last edited:
Looks to me that WBC is $200/night, which is more than double what I pay.
I have paid $80/night, $70/night. The general rate for a 2BR Dlx is about $120/nt depending on season and who you rent from. Seasons will add to the price some as well. Renting through a PlatVIP owner that works for their client, you can get extreme deals. The one I am going through made 2 reservations: 1BR Dlx and 3BR Pres. With low inventory when we are going, he will cancel both, book the 1BR at the 60-day mark at 50% discount, and get the free upgrade. If the 3BR Dlx is the next available upgrade, we will get that for 50% of the points of a 1BR Dlx.

If anyone pays $200 a night for a 2BR Dlx at WBC, they overpaid drastically.

If you are seeing prices like that, you are likely looking on hotel booking sites. You need to book WBC via an owner or company that rents for owners.

For a better idea of what people are paying, look in the completed listings on ebay.

You are looking in the wrong places. We've gotten a 2 bd for as little as $450/week in May. Right now there are many listings on eBay for $115/nt or less for a 2 bd deluxe.

Great. I frankly don't look at Bonnet Creek, not really interested in it. I just thought I had seen a few people posting quoted prices that were around $200/night. My bad, glad to hear it's a lot less. We need at least 3 bedrooms, and prefer 4, so we look all over.

I just thought I had seen a few people posting quoted prices that were around $200/night. My bad, glad to hear it's a lot less. We need at least 3 bedrooms, and prefer 4, so we look all over.

I'd never been much interested in WBC either, but gave it a look a few weeks ago and got a quote from Vacation Strategy. For end of August, 3BR deluxe, it was $249/night including taxes. So I guess I disagree with others who say it's lower -- perhaps not the case if you need a 3BR and/or aren't interested in booking last minute. I can get a whole house with pool for far less than that, and a 3BR condo anywhere else for far cheaper yet.

I have always seen Bonnet Creek go for more than the $100 a night too. We stayed there for a partial week last October and only got it due to trading into RCI. We requested a quote for 4 night in June (I know it will be more expensive than off season), and it was over $1000. We got a 2 bedroom at Star Island for $450 for the same nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter