Is there any way to get a "deal" on ABD London/Paris?

sandgrace

DIS Veteran
Hi~ I'm new to this board (just found it) I want to take the London/Paris ABD in June. It will be my daughter's high school graduation gift. Can anyone suggest the cheapest way to book this? Also, we are interested in doing the post-tour Disneyland Paris thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ABD isn't cheap - occasionally they've had a passholder rate, or an early booking discount, etc. Also, there are times of the year that are cheaper than others. I enjoy looking at this board because I love London and Paris (and for professional reasons as well), but I prefer to go on my own (and I can stay longer by doing it).

The ABD reps are really great - so you can go over all your options with them (and they can tell you the least expensive days to go).

Hi~ I'm new to this board (just found it) I want to take the London/Paris ABD in June. It will be my daughter's high school graduation gift. Can anyone suggest the cheapest way to book this? Also, we are interested in doing the post-tour Disneyland Paris thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know about a cheaper way to book other than what nbodyhome said. Unfortunately, June/July is an expensive time of year to go. I booked in November and was eligible for the early booking discount, so I saved some money. I know it is expensive, but when you price out all that is offered, plus all the perks, it actually seems reasonable. I figure this is probably going to be my one big trip across the ocean, so I'm going for it. I'm combining it with a MED cruise, and a side trip to DLP. I am not rich, just have been saving for my trip to Paris (this is how it all started) for a while now.

My daughter (16) and I will be going on the June 29th trip. If you choose this date, then at least your daughter will have someone near her age to talk to !

Early booking, children's discount, AP and Disney VISA. You do get a little bargain if you've gone before (i think they called it a loyalty discount:confused3 ). I personally think it is a great deal. We went on the Hawaii trip last year -i figured out what it would have been if we went on our own, stayed in the same places, did the same activities etc. and it came out pretty even. However - the lack of stress for NOT having to plan and do it ourselves was priceless.:)

I think that ABD is a great product, and there is definitely value in it - and DEFINITELY for families and those who don't feel comfortable travelling on their own. We went to London/Edinburgh/Paris and Mont St. Michel on our own last year for 2 1/2 weeks - 2 adults only, including airfare, all food, souvenirs, etc. and we spent about $6000. That included also the train to Edinburgh from London (first class). We did a few tours - like to Stonehenge/Bath and to Monets Gardens.

Then again, we stay in smaller places - the hotels on ABD are much more expensive than the ones that we normally we will stay at (usually about $100 or less per night).

I am struggling with the ABD issue. I would love to go on the london/paris trip in May. Is the ABD really worth the money? I really want to go (have to convince my hubby that the extra $ for this touring plan is superior to other ones. Are there any books are detailed websites with info.?

We are going on the London/Paris in June. As I mentioned above, we think ABD is great. If I was on my own I would probably do it on my own but I will have kids, grandparents, SIL in tow. Taking the stress out of it all is worth a little extra $ to me. It can be done cheaper or more luxuriously. I assume you've checked the ABD website. You can also check Abercrombie, Backroads etc. to compare tours.

Thanks for all of the responses! I've asked a few travel agents for quotes. I have the Disney Visa card, and I'm an annual Passholder for Disneyland so hopefully I'll save some money there.

MJGirl, That sounds like a spectacular trip combining the ABD with the cruise. We've been on a couple of Disney cruises and they are wonderful! We are probably going to do the June 8th ABD because it works better with schedules, but it would have been great to meet you and your daughter!

I have a question for anyone that has already booked their ABD....Did you use a travel agent or book yourself? Also, are you getting airfare on your own or through Disney?

Hi Sandgrace ... I booked myself and then transferred it to my Travel Agent that is handling the cruise. I had to book the flight myself because I'm coming back to Toronto after the Cruise. If I recall, I think someone else on the board is booked on the June 8th tour. Good luck and have fun ... You'll have to post on the board when you get back so I can find out how much fun I'm going to have!!!

We will be on the June 8th trip:) we are also doing the med cruise after, with a very short DLP stop in between. My niece and nephew (8 & 10), mother and SIL and I will be on this one (our second ABD trip) I booked through a TA. Booked the flight on my own with FF miles. We had such a great time on the Hawaii trip last year - I'm sure this will be just as much fun.

I am struggling with the ABD issue. I would love to go on the london/paris trip in May. Is the ABD really worth the money? I really want to go (have to convince my hubby that the extra $ for this touring plan is superior to other ones. Are there any books are detailed websites with info.?

Whether it's worth it for you depends on how you like to travel. I was at a seminar for ABD and I think it's awesome for families who have kids, and may not otherwise be adventurous to travel by themselves overseas.

When we went to Europe in 2005, I did put in a lot of hours studying hotels, places to go, etc. Lots of hours! It was worth it, so now London/Paris are very familiar to me and don't take as much work to plan (I'll be making my 3rd trip this coming April since May 2005). But not everyone wants to plan, or has the time to plan. That is where ABD would be really a great tool. There are things to do that can split up families, so you aren't necessarily with your kids every second (something for the adults, something for the kids). I am definitely pro ABD, but it's not something I'd do unless I got a really great deal on it (although probably not for London/Paris, but for somewhere I'm very unfamiliar with). My upcoming London/Paris non-ABD trip in April will be 9 nights and with my FF miles (nearly free airfare), the trip shouldn't top out at much more than $1500.00 (maybe $1600.00). Less if a friend travels with me.

I am looking forward to reading about everyones experiences with ABD. I'm becoming more of an expert with Paris and London, so I like to at least answer those types of questions. There are some really nice touches that Disney does with ABD, and I'm really glad they are doing things that may get families to think outside the theme parks more. My stepbrother and his family travel everywhere (they just did Thailand/Malaysia and will be in New Zealand later this year) and I think it really benefits kids to discover other cultures and visit museums and historical places, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter