Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to get a park hopper add-on the day of?

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
I read the ticket sticky but I either I missed it or it isn't addressed there. We have one day to spend at a park this November, and it will be a later start (anywhere from 9-11am depending on when our cruise ship gets in and how long our private transfer takes to get to WDW). The kiddos REALLY want to do Galaxy Edge, but HS is our least favorite park and I have no interest in spending time there outside of Galaxy Edge especially with elevated crowds and the new fastpass tiers. So if we do manage to get into Galaxy Edge in the morning, I could see us being done with HS by the early afternoon and wanting to pop over to Epcot for the rest of the day to enjoy food and wine and the world showcase. But if our late arrival means Galaxy Edge is at capacity and it seems improbable we would get in, we would probably just go straight to Epcot and skip GE entirely.

So this is all a complicated way of saying I won't know until the day of whether I need a one-park ticket or a park hopper. Is it possible to buy a one-day ticket now and upgrade to park hopper on the day? Would I have to do the upgrade before tapping into the first park or could I do it after the ticket is used (e.g., if I'm hanging out in World Showcase and manage to snag a virtual queue spot)? And if I can upgrade it, where can I do that (guest relations? WDW resort concierge when I get dropped off from my cruise?). Finally, do park hoppers "sell out" such that even if I can theoretically upgrade on the day of, there may be limited availability?

Thanks all!

From Post #5 of sticky https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-upgrades-prices-and-how-to.3570721/

An "upgrade" is defined by WDW as adding one or more days to any base ticket,
and/or adding one or both of the other options, Park Hopper or Park Hopper PLUS ("Water Park Fun & More" options) to an existing ticket.
Or, upgrading a standard ticket to an Annual Pass (AP) is other popular option.
Basically, an upgrade is a change to a ticket that requires an additional payment.
"If it costs MORE... its an "upgrade."

A ticket can be upgraded while at WDW:
Before the guest uses that ticket to enter a park -or-
After
that ticket has been used to enter a park (or parks)
No later than close-of-business on the same day that the last asset of the ticket has been used.

Where to do the Upgrade
An upgrade can be done at any WDW theme park or water park ticket window or Guest Relations, or at the Disney Springs Guest Relations office.

The Concierge staff at WDW resorts can do many standard ticket upgrade transactions,
but they cannot do any transactions regarding Annual Passes.

I am pretty sure that the availability on upgrading to a Park Hopper is not limited.

You can add the hopper day-of, and you can do it after visiting HS -- either at HS on your way out or when you arrive at Epcot. Any ticket window or Guest Relations at either park can help you.

Enjoy your vacation!

I am pretty sure that the availability on upgrading to a Park Hopper is not limited.
I'm pretty sure you're right.

You can add the hopper day-of, and you can do it after visiting HS -- either at HS on your way out or when you arrive at Epcot. Any ticket window or Guest Relations at either park can help you.

Ditto.

-I won't know until the day of whether I need a one-park ticket or a park hopper.
1. Is it possible to buy a one-day ticket now and upgrade to park hopper on the day?
2. Would I have to do the upgrade before tapping into the first park or
3. could I do it after the ticket is used
4. (e.g., if I'm hanging out in World Showcase and manage to snag a virtual queue spot)? And if I can upgrade it,
5. where can I do that (guest relations?
6. WDW resort concierge when I get dropped off from my cruise?).
7. Finally, do park hoppers "sell out" such that even if I can theoretically upgrade on the day of, there may be limited availability?
1. Yes.
2. No. (But, you can, if you like.)
3. Yes.
4. I'm not quite sure what that means but, you can decide to add the Park Hopper option any time during the day.
5. Yes.
6. Concierge at a WDW resort can do it.
7. No.

I've added the park hopper option on the last day of my trip just so I could go to MK to see Happily Ever After because my son got sick on our MK day. It can be done at any time. We were staying at the GF and they did it for us at the hotel.

I've added the park hopper option on the last day of my trip just so I could go to MK to see Happily Ever After because my son got sick on our MK day. It can be done at any time. We were staying at the GF and they did it for us at the hotel.
Good to know someone has experience with doing it and it working. Thanks!

Did you have to pay for the hopper extra cost for your full ticket length? So if the extra cost is $10 a day, and you were on day 5 when you upgraded your 5 day ticket, it would be $50 per upgraded ticket. If it is only for the current and remaining days, I have been overspending!

Did you have to pay for the hopper extra cost for your full ticket length? So if the extra cost is $10 a day, and you were on day 5 when you upgraded your 5 day ticket, it would be $50 per upgraded ticket. If it is only for the current and remaining days, I have been overspending!

The price starts as $60 for a single day so I don’t think there is a savings to getting it later.

It's always been for the entire ticket, all or nothing type of thing, no matter when you did it.
Can a CM give pixie dust and charge less? I'm sure they can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter