Is there any hope for no masks by April 2022 at Disney World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bete

DIS Veteran
This is a year away. I'm hoping wearing masks will be relaxed by that time. Is there a good chance this can happen?

April 2022? Yes it's possible and I would say likely. I think they'll be dropped sometime in the fall but we really just don't know yet.

If marks are a concern for you though I wouldn't book anything until it's annnounced they are going away though.

We are hoping for that as well, but the concern is international visitors, for us. Other countries are not vaccinating on the same schedule so if visitors are allowed and not vaccinated, I think we will still be having restrictions unfortunately.

I think there’s a good chance, but no one knows for sure. I’m guessing wdw will probably be one of the last places that still requires masks, but that’s pure speculation.

I think a lot will have to do with international travel to WDW.

Even if the USA is low and stable, that does not mean other countries will be as far along.

But believe me.....................I really hope we will have gotten rid of the masks by then.
But if the U.S. continues to require a 14 day quarantine for foreign visitors that aren't vaccinated, it won't really matter what their vaccination schedule is.

Not going to predict an exact date but one thing that I haven't seen anyone else mention could cause Disney to remove their mask requirement sooner then they want to.

As more and more people get vaccinated I think CM's are going to have an even harder time enforcing the mask requirement than they already have now. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this but I could see verbal and potentially even physical abuse of CM's increase to the point that CM's ask Disney to change masks from "required" to "strongly recommended". My original thought was that with all the "I'm not going to Disney until masks are no longer required" people, well, not going to Disney park attendance would suffer enough that they would have to drop the requirement but that obviously hasn't happened with so many days at capacity lately.

Not going to predict an exact date but one thing that I haven't seen anyone else mention could cause Disney to remove their mask requirement sooner then they want to.

As more and more people get vaccinated I think CM's are going to have an even harder time enforcing the mask requirement than they already have now. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this but I could see verbal and potentially even physical abuse of CM's increase to the point that CM's ask Disney to change masks from "required" to "strongly recommended". My original thought was that with all the "I'm not going to Disney until masks are no longer required" people, well, not going to Disney park attendance would suffer enough that they would have to drop the requirement but that obviously hasn't happened with so many days at capacity lately.

This has been my thinking for a couple of weeks now. As more and more people become vaccinated and more states drop the mandate, more and more major chains will drop the requirement as well. I'm thinking by this summer, most places will no longer require them and that is definitely going to make it harder for CMs to enforce. Plus I'm sure as the majority of CMs get vaccinated, they will want it dropped as well as I can't imagine they like wearing them all day in the heat and humidity!

My guess is they'll be dropped by Jan. 1 / 2022. But, who knows at this point. U.S. and worldwide case numbers will be the determining factor more than vaccines. Especially as we are seeing cases right now on the rise as well as variants of concern, despite vaccination rates rising.

Perhaps, if the powers that be and the 12 year old's that run the internet permit.

Not sure when you’ve last been to Disney, but both Disney springs and universal city walk are having an insane time enforcing it. Every other party is relaxing the “rules” that WDW and UOR have in place.
Like I’m watching CMs and Plaids turn their heads away from noses poking out and people wearing gaiters

strange times for these employees.

I don’t think there’s any chance that Disney goes against CDC mask guidelines.

I feel so badly for the CMs who have to deal with all of the guests who do not think rules apply to them. I am fully vaccinated but also understand why it’s important for Disney to have a mask rule for everyone until enough people are vaccinated to significantly drive down the spread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!