Is there any disadvantage tobooking AAA?

PavelB

Mouseketeer
I finally gave up on any general public code and booked my July package today. I am not sure that I did the right thing. You know how it goes, you are on the phone with disney just to see if the rooms are available and at what cost and all of a sudden you have a whole package reservation.
I have several questions:

1. can I add tickets and meals at any time to a room only reservation?- that is turning it into a package. This way I would not have to pay the whole thing 45 days in advance. Can anyone think of any disadvantage to this?

2. Do you have to pay in advance with a AAA package? What is the cancellation policy? (I have a AAA card)

3. could I get the AAA room only discount from disney and then later add tickets and meals?

Please, I need help!
Thanks.

(after reading this site I am pretty sure that the meal plan would be good for us. Oh where are the 4 + 3 or even 5 +2 deals???)

Oh where are the 4 + 3 or even 5 +2 deals?
These were offered when Disney needed to fill rooms, tourism is generally up right now, and they see no problem in filling a certain percentage of their rooms; probably a high enough percentage that they feel that these big deals are not necessary...only time will tell.

You can make room only reservations with AAA discount (if available) through Disney. If you later decide to add tickets and dining, it becomes a package and your room rate will be bumped to 'rack' accordingly.

The only way to get the AAA discount on the room with a package is to book through AAA. Terms are the same, $200 down within 2 weeks of making reservation to book the package and payment in full 45 days before you arrive. This usually includes trip cancellation insurance, as well.

If you book a room only, you only pay one night as a deposit and the balance upon check in. Pretty standard.

Did you book with AAA or CRO? If you want the package, you have to book with AAA if you want the AAA discount. I looked into a package with AAA and the only issue I had was I would be charged a $50 fee if I cancelled my reservation (even before the 45 day window that CRO has). So I haven't booked a package as I'm waiting to see if I can get an AP or general discount for August. I have a room reservation now with that hope I'll be able to get a better rate. If not, then I'm going to try to get a package so I can add dining.

Not sure if AAA let's you change from AAA room only to package after the initial reservation.

With the right discount, I'll save more on the room that will make up the difference of the savings I'd get from the dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter