• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there any alcohol in the margaritas at Margaritaville?

pixie57

Earning My Ears
DH and I are tired of paying $$ for mixed drinks and having them be nearly alcohol-free! Can anyone tell me how the margaritas at Margaritaville are? Are they worth the $, or should we stick to beer?

Well, we just went to Margaritaville on Friday and had the best food and drinks of the whole vacation! I didn't try the margarita but the pina colada was wonderful!

Brenda

Why do I know that Ms.Disney will know the answer to this????
laugh1.gif

It's worth the money to say you had a Margarita in Margaritaville. The drink was good. That said I've had bigger and stronger drinks in other restaurants (even Outback).

LOL.
Fruity drink machines always seem to be on the low side when it comes to the booze if you're talking about the frozen mix kind.
Beer is ok, but then you gotta use the bathroom. Not fun when you board DD and then you gotta go.
The Long Island Ice Teas are good and pack a punch. This is your best bet because you can see the bar tender pouring the shots into the glass.
Other way to save money is bring a bottle of rum, buy coke at the hotel, and slam a few in the hotel room before walking over. Then buy a couple drinks in the park. I realize you are probably flying down. It's not illegal to bring booze on a plane. Or if you have the rental car, hit a grocery store (Publix), buy the styrofoam cooler, and pack it with beers and snacks.

Strawman,

I really need to get out to Jensen Beach. I miss going down there and eating at Rottie's on the ocean.

Pixie,

If you like alcohol that much just order a floater on top of the drink. It's usually just a dolllar or two more.

Try a Pina Colada with a cherry brandy floater. That's my personal creation.

This message brought to you by your friendly forum bartender!!

Visit your bartender:

Go past the light, turn left, & TIP RIGHT!!

Yes, Joe, Jensen is a great place, I own a restaurant across the street from Rotties (It's called Strawberry's) and I have a condo next door as well. Stop by next time you're near, or perhaps at Margaritaville.

Is that the place with the ice cream, on the corner?? I've always meant to stop in there. Next time I will. What's up with the condo prices? They've skyrocketed in the last 2-3 years!

Yep, that's the one. It's unbelievable how the condo prices have escalated in the past 3 years, this market was virtually flat for the previous 20 years and now it's booming. I guess it's finally starting to catch on and the prices are falling more in line with other coastal areas. Now, as soon as a unit hits the market it's gobbled up. Is this thread now a little off topic?

Try a Pina Colada with a cherry brandy floater. That's my personal creation.

I like to add amaretto to a pina colada....YUM!

As for the drinks...they're ok, but to feel like you're getting a better "deal" go during happy hour (3-7) and get a house margarita for half price, which I believe is $3.

I am a margarita drinker, but also really only cuervo, so I don't do much margarita drinking at margaritaville as they use their own brand...

Now, the frozen margaritas in Mexico at EPCOT are awesome...and they pack a punch even though they're premixed...for anyone going there...try the fiesta margarita, it's yummy! :p

Karen

I was hoping they still had happy hour! We usually get margarita's at a little cantina past the GGG make-up show. And from what I can remember, they were pretty good!

Thanks for all of the input!

Ms Disney...I am also of the "Cuervo" set. I like them on the rocks with salt, so I'm hoping they'll at least have some tequila in them.

My DS is looking forward to going to Margaritaville, to see if she can find that "lost shaker of salt"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter