is there an animal that can make a sound sort of like a crying baby?

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
dh and I woke up at around 1:30 this morning to the sound of what we thought was a crying infant, but then sort of took of a turn that made us realize it was NOT a baby. It was one distinct howl/sound that seemed to last for the length of one good waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrr, then silence. we are guessing it was in our backyard or not too far from it. am just curious if there is some sort of animal that might make a sound like that. anyone know?

Cats mating or in heat. Cats make weird noises.... Or maybe the chupacabra...

thanks! someone did say they saw a fischercat around a few blocks away, but it has been about a year since we were talking about it. I'm in a suburb, but lots of woods and lakes around, so not really country but not really city. There are some regular cats in the neighborhood who are outdoor cats so wondering if it was one of them.

really so eerie, wish I could replay it now and listen again!

thanks! someone did say they saw a fischercat around a few blocks away, but it has been about a year since we were talking about it. I'm in a suburb, but lots of woods and lakes around, so not really country but not really city. There are some regular cats in the neighborhood who are outdoor cats so wondering if it was one of them.

really so eerie, wish I could replay it now and listen again!

If you google it you can probably find a video or audio clip of one.

Not sure about the sound a Fisher would make, but I do know that a cat fight (and sometimes cats engaging in amorous activities) can sound an awful lot like a crying or screaming baby. If you have Fishers in your area, you should keep your pet cats--and small dogs--in at night. Fishers are serious predators.

I also think certain birds make those noises to try to scare away predators.

I've never heard of a fisher cat but i grew up in the country, so i've heard plenty of bobcats. They can sound just like babies crying.

Peacock cries (not calls, but cries) sound just like a baby - especially from a distance. We have a peacock near our house. Before we knew what was making the sound, we often found ourselves looking for the crying baby.

We have one like that in our backyard and someone told me it is the foxes, which we do have quite a few of wandering around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!