Is there access to the upper level of the cottage at Vero if in wheelchair?

Donna M

DIS Veteran
A friend will be taking her mother in law to Vero and has requested the handicapped accessible cottage. She is wondering if there are provisions made to get a person up to the living room. I´m thinking maybe there is one of those electric stair chairs.

A friend will be taking her mother in law to Vero and has requested the handicapped accessible cottage. She is wondering if there are provisions made to get a person up to the living room. I´m thinking maybe there is one of those electric stair chairs.

There appears to be an outside ramp on one of the cottages, looking at google maps. It's the cottage all the way to the left as you are facing the ocean.

You could call the resort and ask at 772-234-2000.

Cottage 1150 has a ramp and elevator inside. It is the only one out of the 6 cottages. The cottage also has an accessible bathroom in the master.
We just stayed in this cottage a few weeks ago.
You should probably call the resort or member services way in advance and put in the request.
The cottage is gorgeous!
We didn't request the cottage just got it by chance.

Also on cottage 1150, you have a view of the ocean from the windows on both sides of the upper level. So not only do you have the direct view from the upper patio when you are inside it is like a panoramic view of the ocean.
Because of the turtles there is a "shrub line" all along the ocean to block the light from the resort.
While you are on the upper deck you do not see the beach because of the shrubs. You only see the ocean, makes you feel you are on a cruise ship.
This is our new favorite grand villa! The water is beautiful, it's just perfect.

Cottage 1150 has a ramp and elevator inside. It is the only one out of the 6 cottages. The cottage also has an accessible bathroom in the master.
We just stayed in this cottage a few weeks ago.
You should probably call the resort or member services way in advance and put in the request.
The cottage is gorgeous!
We didn't request the cottage just got it by chance.
Thanks. Just what they were looking for.

Did they book the accessible or just request it? Hopefully booked it to guarantee they receive it.

Thank you for this information. I would like to book one and take my mother and grand mother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter