Is There a Weight Limit for the Pullman Bed?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by Princess Katelet, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Princess Katelet

Princess Katelet Mouseketeer

The pullman drops from the ceiling, correct? Is there a weight limit?? Is it a normal twin size bed? Does anyone have a picture of it?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. hdrolfe

hdrolfe DIS Veteran

There is no height restriction on the Pullman berths, but the bed length is 1.98 m (76”). Max. weight is 300 lbs. I think it's the same size as a twin.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Princess Katelet

Thanks. It makes me really nervous that there aren't any support legs on the outer side of the bed, and really not even on the inner side. There's simply a HINGE. Scary.

5. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

I’m not fully understanding of the physics of the bed (then again I’ve never really explored the physics of it either) but it seems to work. I don’t like having my head that close to the ceiling though.

Since there’s three of you, if you don’t need the bed at all just make sure the attendant keeps it tucked away for you.

HopperFan likes this.
  6. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

This is an Oasis Class

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

starvenger likes this.
  7. HopperFan

When it was three of us (and again in a few weeks) we used the sofabed. The steward set it up each night and it was comfortable for DS (who is an adult). It was nicer than bunk because it was wide more like a double. Then first thing in morning he put it all back away.

[​IMG]

starvenger likes this.
  8. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

This is exactly what we had on Allure last August. Worked fine for the four of us. If Katelet has this configuration everything should be good.

HopperFan likes this.
  9. Princess Katelet

I do have the above configuration. I hadn't thought about using the sofa bed as I worried it would take up so much space (and it does judging from the pics) and I was worried it might not be comfy. I guess we need to wait and see and test both the pullman and the sofa out. It will be tough getting ready in the morning though with the sofa out... How early can you get the steward to put it back?

10. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

It is a little tight in that area, but to paraphrase Ian Malcolm, cruisers, uh, find a way.

The area between the main bed and the wall is generally enough space to change, as is the area between bed and closet. Worst case scenario is the “do not try this at home” option of changing on top of the main or sofa bed. Space is at a premium in most cabins, so do what you gotta.

11. HopperFan

If you look at the open and the top picture I posted with it closed you really don't lose much space. The bunk is fine if who ever is sleeping on it feels it's enough for them. We used it once for a 13 year old. Good thing is you will have a choice.

12. Princess Katelet

I guess I don't even understand WHY cruise cabins are so small. Why aren't they the size of hotel rooms?? I realize the bigger they are the fewer you can put on a ship, but is that so bad? There are plenty of small ships that do well like the Disney Magic and Wonder. Why do they build huge ones like Oasis and instead of putting bigger rooms in it, they just put the same small ones in and carry more people. My point with the Magic and Wonder is that clearly ships with fewer rooms still make a profit.

13. HopperFan

For us to cruise on Disney it would cost DOUBLE what I pay for RCI.

3monkeys4me, msjprincess and Searc like this.
  14. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

I don't mind smaller rooms since I spend hardly time in them. If you need more space there is always the option of booking a suite. If all rooms were double the size so would the price. Cruising with a family of 5 is expensive enough.

3monkeys4me and HopperFan like this.