Is there a way to repair IPOD nano?

eatatmidnight

DIS Veteran
My son has had an IPOD nano for about 1 1/2 years. A couple of months ago, the middle button quit working, but it would still play. Now it seems to be frozen. We have tried to dock it or charge it at the computer, but it is still frozen. I know it is not terribly expensive to replace but I hate the thought of having to. I would like to think that even a $100 or so IPOD that was kept in a rubber case (like a Michelin tire) would have lasted longer.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, were you able to repair it?

Yes they can be reset. I had to reset mine a few times already. I just went to the apple website and it gave very specific instructions which worked wonders and did the trick! I know you have to hold down a button (either the middle button or the top 'menu' button) for a certain time and release. (I think until you see the apple logo on the screen? 8-10 seconds or something like that) This should reset it and work again for you! Good luck!

To reset you hold the middle and top button until it shuts off and the apple appears. But if they middle button is truly what doesn't work, this might not be the fix for this issue.

I know there are some videos on youtube in how to reset it too- that's what we used to fix ours.

My dd's has frozen a couple of times. We let the battery die down and it resets it self.

If the reset doesn't work, is there an Apple store near you? If so, make an appointment with a Genius, they can almost fix anything.

I agree, it should work longer than that, too. My iPod is two years old and is going strong. I also keep it in a rubber case.

Also, do you have Apple Care on it? My husband's three-month old iPod Touch's on/off button got stuck and he has Apple Care. He made an appointment, took it in, they looked at it and said, "Yep, the button is stuck. Here's a new iPod Touch for you."

Well it seems that to reset, you do have to hold the middle button down. Since the middle button doesn't work, we are going to try to let the battery run down and then see what happens. If that doesn't work, we'll try the genious bar. There is an Apple store in the area.

Thanks to all of you.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the tips. I haven't had this problem but it's good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter