Is the Windsor Hills water park open yet?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by rosieposy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. rosieposy

rosieposy Earning My Ears

Thinking of renting a home in Windsor Hills the week before Easter. Does anyone know if the water park is open yet, or when it will be?

2. gatormom2tots

gatormom2tots DIS Veteran

I saw on their facebook page that they were hoping to have it opened by Spring Break....but they were not sure.

rosieposy likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ParkHopperFan

ParkHopperFan Mouseketeer

I saw on the Facebook page that the splashpad features are being installed next week so it looks like all should be operational well before you want to stay there.

rosieposy likes this.
  5. Northernlites

Northernlites Mouseketeer

We are staying there is April, snagged a 2 bed 2 bath condo with taxes and all fees $ 80 a night.

6. Kellykins1218

Kellykins1218 DIS Veteran

I didn't know anything about a water park. We just booked there for 10 days in July :)

rosieposy likes this.
  7. cey

cey Disney Veteran

Here at Windsor Hills Now!.....Upright structures are installed on the waterpark, but they are now working on bolting the waterslide tubes together! Not a lot of workers on this project! A large area is still sandy and supposedly that is where the splash pool will be installed. No sign of concrete being poured yet. The hot tub area is a little further along, with the stonework being applied. The oval shape appears to make it look smaller than the former hot tub. My guess is that the entire project will be open by very late spring!.....May or June????? The main pool area is open, but extremely crowded as the available pool deck area is decreased due to construction. It also appears to be noisy at times! Let's hope that the construction crew increases and they move forward on the completion date!!!

rosieposy likes this.
  8. Kellykins1218

According to their GM's post yesterday on Facebook, it should open on Easter Sunday.

rosieposy likes this.
  9. cey

cey Disney Veteran

I will try to update prior to that, but they sure have a lot of work to do before that date!

rosieposy and Kellykins1218 like this.
  10. ParkHopperFan

From the GM on their Facebook page:

"Hello! This is Aura the GM. I am very excited to report that the new amenities are coming along very nicely! Our goal is to open Easter Sunday! There is still quite a bit of underground work that needs to be done after the slides are completely built. Thank you for being patient with us! We are very excited and look forward to sharing with you the finished product on Easter Sunday!"

11. gatormom2tots

Pool STILL not open!

12. Kellykins1218

The pool or just the new area?

13. jennilouwho

jennilouwho DIS Veteran

It sounds like on Facebook the pool is still open. We go in 4 weeks and I am not holding my breath.

14. Nancy O

Nancy O Mouseketeer

Dang, I knew that there would likely be delays but this is more than a month of when they anticipated opening. We aren't big pool people but I wouldn't of minded a spin down the slide. Sigh.

15. ABE4DISNEY

ABE4DISNEY DIS Veteran

Any news as to whether the new water park portion at the pool area is open yet?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  16. 2mickeys1minnie

2mickeys1minnie <font color=red>we've turned into that same crazy

Is the regular pool/slide open?

17. ParkHopperFan

The regular pool and slide are open as is the new hot tub. The water park is having the finishing electrical work done from what I was told. We are staying there in October were assured that the water park will be open well before that.

ABE4DISNEY and 2mickeys1minnie like this.
  18. 2mickeys1minnie

2mickeys1minnie <font color=red>we've turned into that same crazy

Great thanks! We will be there the first week in August. Hoping we luck out and it's done by then.

19. gatormom2tots

We stayed in May/June and they made an announcement then that it would be a "couple of months." I thought for sure it would be open for our trip after knowing the projected date was Easter Weekend!

20. ABE4DISNEY

ABE4DISNEY DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the feedback!

21. Kellykins1218

We are staying there right now and it doesn’t look like the waterpark is going to be open anytime soon. The lady in the clubhouse said they have no idea when it will be done. The kids are having fun with the regular waterslide but it would’ve been nice if the rest had been open especially since it was supposed to open on Easter Sunday.